• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#34) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Guess Who's Back..Quinning

I can't look at the games he's coached and say this team is wildly different They beat the Flyers twice (a dogshit team of late that actually mustered responses over the last two games), the Sabres once (the worst team in the league that they didn't dominate by any means), and the Capitals once. With the exception of the entirety of the first Flyers game and the first 30 minutes of the second Flyers game, can we really argue that this team looked that different under Knoblauch? They've fallen into all of the same habits when they haven't been gifted scoring opportunities. They didn't adapt when they faced adversity, they just tried the same shit repeatedly. The Flyers games were awesome to watch but I'm not gonna pretend like we really saw anything that different. The entire body of games that Knoblauch has presided over show that this team is just as inconsistent under him as they are under Quinn.

I agree with that.

Just saying the rush to point out that anything good that happened when DQ was away was all David and no Kris is a bit ridiculous.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that.

Just saying the rush to point out that anything good that happened when DQ was away was all David and no Kris is a bit ridiculous.

The good that happened was because they played two bad teams and a struggling player came to life. The bad happened because the team has no plan B when plan A doesn't work and neither coach has proven capable of solving that. How is that ridiculous?

What bothers me most is that teams don't have to play particularly well to beat the Rangers. Capitals coasted to a 4-0 lead, Rangers didn't fire many shots at Elliott with all of the Flyers problems in goal. You'd like for teams to have to put in the effort to beat the Rangers. Lethargy plus lack of a physical game plus a refusal to go to the net is a soft team that opponents are happy to see on their schedule

The first two games of the season were a perfect summation of their season to this point. Complete crap game played resulting in a shutout, then played great with a shutout of their own. .500 record after 2 games and .500 record after 30. They haven't moved the needle since the begining. Something has to change or they will dwell in mediocrity.

The heck is going on today. The Rangers have actually looked consistently competitive against the Capitals in previous games this season. But their 'couldn't give a fuck' compete level today is really baffling..

Seems to happen when you getbrid of a good lockeroom guy. Happened the last time they did too. Expect some low energy effort for a game or 5. Could be the bench presence too.

"I’m loving the experience. I like being here. It’s been a lot of fun. I’m learning some stuff. But taking pride? No. I’m here. I call out the lines; very little work I’m doing. The coaching staff really ultimately sets the game plan and has put the systems in place for the players to succeed. Right now, I’m just relaying that message for a few games. Like I said, I’m enjoying it. But take responsibility for it? Absolutely, very little of it." - Kris Knoblauch

https://theathletic.com/2478315/2021/03/26/rangers-and-mika-zibanejad-6-points-continue-cutting-flyers-down-to-size/

Straight from his own mouth.

As this board loves to say. He's just saying the right things. Or he's lying.

They never show up for these early games. I can’t remember the last time they had a good day game. Sucks not coming out of this weekend without a point.

This us something I have always thought was a problem for the Rangers. Where can a stat be found for their record in day games?