• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#34) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Guess Who's Back..Quinning

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knew yesterday the Flyers were coming out harder. The Rangers weren’t blown out, they lost by a goal to steal they put scored 17-3 in two games. There was no way that team was letting that happen again. It wasn’t as lopsided as your saying either. And in 6 games, they went 4-2. For this team, that says something.

They were outshot and outplayed for the entirety of the game.

I can't look at the games he's coached and say this team is wildly different They beat the Flyers twice (a dogshit team of late that actually mustered responses over the last two games), the Sabres once (the worst team in the league that they didn't dominate by any means), and the Capitals once. With the exception of the entirety of the first Flyers game and the first 30 minutes of the second Flyers game, can we really argue that this team looked that different under Knoblauch? They've fallen into all of the same habits when they haven't been gifted scoring opportunities. They didn't adapt when they faced adversity, they just tried the same shit repeatedly. The Flyers games were awesome to watch but I'm not gonna pretend like we really saw anything that different. The entire body of games that Knoblauch has presided over show that this team is just as inconsistent under him as they are under Quinn.

Consistently inconsistent.

They were outshot and outplayed for the entirety of the game.

And again, everyone knew that they were going to come out flying and playing harder because of being embarrassed the 2 prior games. Over all though, they weren’t severely out played. There was a huge difference between yesterday’s game under Knoblauch and today’s game under Quinn. Today they were severely out played and didn’t show up until the last 10 minutes of the game.

I can't look at the games he's coached and say this team is wildly different They beat the Flyers twice (a dogshit team of late that actually mustered responses over the last two games), the Sabres once (the worst team in the league that they didn't dominate by any means), and the Capitals once. With the exception of the entirety of the first Flyers game and the first 30 minutes of the second Flyers game, can we really argue that this team looked that different under Knoblauch? They've fallen into all of the same habits when they haven't been gifted scoring opportunities. They didn't adapt when they faced adversity, they just tried the same shit repeatedly. The Flyers games were awesome to watch but I'm not gonna pretend like we really saw anything that different. The entire body of games that Knoblauch has presided over show that this team is just as inconsistent under him as they are under Quinn.
This. They played the same way yesterday and today... Aside for about 12 mins of the third.

And again, everyone knew that they were going to come out flying and playing harder because of being embarrassed the 2 prior games. Over all though, they weren’t severely out played. There was a huge difference between yesterday’s game under Knoblauch and today’s game under Quinn. Today they were severely out played and didn’t show up until the last 10 minutes of the game.

They were outplayed. Shesterkin stood on his head. He faced 76 shots over the last two games. Who cares if everyone knew that the Flyers would come back with energy? Shouldn't the Rangers have known that too? Where was their response? They didn't adapt at all. They didn't play the Flyers harder, they didn't throw pucks at the net more than them. They just kept forcing the same East-West plays repeatedly. Where's Knoblauch to say, "Hey guys, let's change it up." It didn't happen. Let's call Knoblauch what he is, a victim of circumstance. This team is just more capable offensively now because Zibanejad isn't out there shanking anything and everything.

Atleast Fox had two more assist. Now most assist in the entire east, 3rd in assists and points by defensemen while playing elite allround D.

This season is over, so its now the «Fox for Norris» season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thank God I at least get something to jerk off to.

They were outplayed. Shesterkin stood on his head. He faced 76 shots over the last two games. Who cares if everyone knew that the Flyers would come back with energy? Shouldn't the Rangers have known that too? Where was their response? They didn't adapt at all. They didn't play the Flyers harder, they didn't throw pucks at the net more than them. They just kept forcing the same East-West plays repeatedly. Where's Knoblauch to say, "Hey guys, let's change it up." It didn't happen. Let's call Knoblauch what he is, a victim of circumstance. This team is just more capable offensively now because Zibanejad isn't out there shanking anything and everything.

And this says more about Quinn’s style than Knoblauch. They were more engaged in games than they have been under Quinn. This system they play is terrible, and that’s on Quinn for not changing it up.

Atleast Fox had two more assist. Now most assist in the entire east, 3rd in assists and points by defensemen while playing elite allround D.

This season is over, so its now the «Fox for Norris» season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We saw what happened last year with Panarin losing out on the Hart trophy, no way he gets the Norris. He deserves it, but it will go to the highest scoring defenseman as usual. I hate that they don’t take into account all around play.

And this says more about Quinn’s style than Knoblauch. They were more engaged in games than they have been under Quinn. This system they play is terrible, and that’s on Quinn for not changing it up.

Do you honestly think Quinn is telling them to dipsy doodle and look for East-West passes exclusively? That's the antithesis of what he preaches. It's common sense that you need to change up your play when East-West doesn't work. For Christ's sake, Joe Micheletti has been screaming it from the rafters all season. Quinn sucks but let's stop pinning every fault of this team on him. The players are playing the game. They're not adapting.

Do you honestly think Quinn is telling them to dipsy doodle and look for East-West passes exclusively? That's the antithesis of what he preaches. It's common sense that you need to change up your play when East-West doesn't work. For Christ's sake, Joe Micheletti has been screaming it from the rafters all season. Quinn sucks but let's stop pinning every fault of this team on him. The players are playing the game. They're not adapting.

He is the coach of this team, so the teams failure is his failure. Who should take the blame? It’s not like it’s one or two players, the entire team has played like dog shit. Most of the games this season were unwatchable, and it was the same thing every game. Same mistakes were being made, guys weren’t going on all cylinders. If it’s one of two guys, then yes, it’s not the coach, but the entire team has been off.

He is the coach of this team, so the teams failure is his failure. Who should take the blame? It’s not like it’s one or two players, the entire team has played like dog shit. Most of the games this season were unwatchable, and it was the same thing every game. Same mistakes were being made, guys weren’t going on all cylinders. If it’s one of two guys, then yes, it’s not the coach, but the entire team has been off.

It's his fault the team has a shit system. He's not going out onto the ice and making the passes for the players. He should be correcting them, and honestly, I'm sure he attempts to. There's no way you could watch this team play and not think they need to take more shots and go to dirtier areas. If the team is tuning out pleas like that, they're all just as stupid as him.

It's his fault the team has a shit system. He's not going out onto the ice and making the passes for the players. He should be correcting them, and honestly, I'm sure he attempts to. There's no way you could watch this team play and not think they need to take more shots and go to dirtier areas. If the team is tuning out pleas like that, they're all just as stupid as him.

I totally agree they need to shoot more. They try to be too cute out there with their passes instead of putting pucks on net. But again, when it’s happening season after season, with different groups of guys, and under the same coach, then logically it has to be the coach being the issue. This issue isn’t exclusively this season. It’s been every year under him.

I totally agree they need to shoot more. They try to be too cute out there with their passes instead of putting pucks on net. But again, when it’s happening season after season, with different groups of guys, and under the same coach, then logically it has to be the coach being the issue. This issue isn’t exclusively this season. It’s been every year under him.

I agree that there have been some consistent faults among Quinn's teams. That's undoubtedly true. This team has gotten pillow-soft out of nowhere both physically and mentally. They were perfectly capable of battling back under Quinn the prior two seasons. Now they're a bunch of mental midgets.

I agree that there have been some consistent faults among Quinn's teams. That's undoubtedly true. This team has gotten pillow-soft out of nowhere both physically and mentally. They were perfectly capable of battling back under Quinn the prior two seasons. Now they're a bunch of mental midgets.

I feel like they should be a lot better than they are. On paper, they are a solid team, but it doesn’t seem like Quinn likes change. I mean, when Panarin was out, he moved Kreider to the wing with Strome, and both played like different players. When Laf was with Buch and Zib, he played better. Once Panarin came back, he went right back to the old lines, and Kreider’s play dropped a little and Laf hasn’t looked the same.

I feel like they should be a lot better than they are. On paper, they are a solid team, but it doesn’t seem like Quinn likes change. I mean, when Panarin was out, he moved Kreider to the wing with Strome, and both played like different players. When Laf was with Buch and Zib, he played better. Once Panarin came back, he went right back to the old lines, and Kreider’s play dropped a little and Laf hasn’t looked the same.

I can see that. I do know that Quinn relies on player input for some of his line decisions so it could be that some of the players just have some shitty preferences.