• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Entire Coaching Staff in Covid Protocol

Phil

These are absolutely side-splitting funny!!!

I gotta say, I was peeing my pants watching that second period!!!

This looks so bad on Quinn...and I've supported him a lot...but seeing how free and easy the team flowed last night; there's just no denying the fact that last night, no matter how fucking terri-bad the Flyers looked, we looked insanely awesome!!! I swear it looked like the old Russian Red Army games against the California Golden Seals.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! The minor league coaching staff & some sort of asst. GM made it happen. The players actually giving it a full 60 minute effort, an over-the-top performance by #93, the Flyers horrid defense, goaltending and not showing up for the entire game, had nada to do with this victory. Typical nonsensical yapping from the usual naysayers, doom & gloomers and moaners and groaners.

Nobody's is going to tell me they score 9 goals and allow 0 if Quinn is behind the bench. Nope....the fact that he wasn't there had some sort of impact on the team. Probably still win, but not by scoring 9 and allowing zero. Just my thoughts.

I mean at the end of the day, the team staff played Quinn's system and Quinn’s lines. Kakko and Laf weren’t set free until it was 9-0 and everything looked the same. We probably win big with Quinn there as well. Maybe they kept the lines more consistent but there was also never a reason or need to switch things up during the game at all.

Really just came down to that D pair on philly going -6 and looking like they should go down the coast league

Edited for grammar because i was typing on my phone and i suck at that

As for me, nope I don't feel they put up a 9-0 shut out with Quinn behind the bench. Also, Zib has looked invisible all season UNTIL last night. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I think not. Maybe they played his system, but they had a completely different feel to their game, and I think the team can sense when the coach is unsure of himself or being out coached. Maybe it's not the system, but the person implementing it.

As for me, nope I don't feel they put up a 9-0 shut out with Quinn behind the bench. Also, Zib has looked invisible all season UNTIL last night. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I think not. Maybe they played his system, but they had a completely different feel to their game, and I think the team can sense when the coach is unsure of himself or being out coached. Maybe it's not the system, but the person implementing it.

Was it a coincidence that with Quinn coaching them they were 5th in scoring last year and Zib had 41 goals in 57 games? There are various reasons people may support a coaching change, but this season's results (good and bad) revolve around Zibanejad.

Was it a coincidence that with Quinn coaching them they were 5th in scoring last year and Zib had 41 goals in 57 games? There are various reasons people may support a coaching change, but this season's results (good and bad) revolve around Zibanejad.

I thought he made a few good points:

One thing about DQ's post game pressers that has stood out is that he seems to lack a deeper level of thought and reflection in assessing the team's play. Of course it could be tossed off as Belichikian, but that GOAT has obviously earned the right to do whatever he pleases.

In Quinn's case, he's so quick to latch on to a good period of play or a good bounce back game amidst a run of poor games and use it to characterize the imminent upside to come. Yes, he does not want to throw the team under the bus, but it strikes me as robotic, lacking in nuance.

That, along with all the changes in line combinations (Knoblach left the lines intact all game long?), the inexplicable switches of GKs seemingly ignoring the hot hands (as it was obvious before the injury Igor was recapturing his rhythm)--because he 'said' he was going to alternate (ergo, he 'had to' stick with his plan), there's a level of communication and feel that seem to be lacking

I thought he made a few good points:

One thing about DQ's post game pressers that has stood out is that he seems to lack a deeper level of thought and reflection in assessing the team's play. Of course it could be tossed off as Belichikian, but that GOAT has obviously earned the right to do whatever he pleases.

In Quinn's case, he's so quick to latch on to a good period of play or a good bounce back game amidst a run of poor games and use it to characterize the imminent upside to come. Yes, he does not want to throw the team under the bus, but it strikes me as robotic, lacking in nuance.

That, along with all the changes in line combinations (Knoblach left the lines intact all game long?), the inexplicable switches of GKs seemingly ignoring the hot hands (as it was obvious before the injury Igor was recapturing his rhythm)--because he 'said' he was going to alternate (ergo, he 'had to' stick with his plan), there's a level of communication and feel that seem to be lacking

Right, these are things to talk about in a coaching change discussion. Attributing Zibanejad's big game to Quinn not being there, when he put up 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games under Quinn last year, isn't a thing.

there was no situation yesterday that would have called for switching lines around though. I do agree with that criticism Quinn, don't get me wrong. but what's to say Knob wouldn't have changed things up if the game was going differently. People are mad at Quinn's ice time given to Kakko and Laf but it looked the same last night. only got more time when it was 9-0 in the third.

I'm fine with criticizing Quinn for those things but to suggest that the replacement coach did things differently doesn't make sense to me

Right, these are things to talk about in a coaching change discussion. Attributing Zibanejad's big game to Quinn not being there, when he put up 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games under Quinn last year, isn't a thing.

We don't know the current status of their relationship, etc. What I do know is that Zib has looked lost all year. Then..first night without Quinn at his back, the gut looks fantastic and explodes for 6 points. Again, sure, it can simply be coincidence, but I think there's more to it this year than we may be aware of.

is this Quinn's burner account?

lmao

Keep the joyful posts coming :D

Wow... great lets see how they look under Knobby (I refuse to learn to spell it until hes officially made HC) for more than 1 game.

Part of me thinks Gorton and Drury are having them take their time coming back to see how the team does under someone else. Even if they wont admit it.

Not even he would defend Quinn this much.

You have "the touch of comedic gold" this week, Josh!! :rofl:

LOL!

atleast its a weekend back-2-back. No work the day after, hammered before the 1st period and ready to pass out if things go bad.

Awesome dude!!!

Don't worry we'll all be there with you on that one!!! ...but we've been there before!! LOL

I mean at the end of the day, the team staff played Quinn's system and Quinn’s lines. Kakko and Laf weren’t set free until it was 9-0 and everything looked the same. We probably win big with Quinn there as well. Maybe they kept the lines more consistent but there was also never a reason or need to switch things up during the game at all.

Really just came down to that D pair on philly going -6 and looking like they should go down the coast league

Edited for grammar because i was typing on my phone and i suck at that

I wouldn't say they played Quinns system. Nothing about the offense looked anything like how they've been playing. Breaks to the net, tap in plays, and only one of the goals was scored on the typical off wing (to the righty shot on the LW) one timer, except it came from the right side by a lefty shot. They had so much more jump.