• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The NEW Dinner Thread

4EverRangerFrank

30 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I feel no inferiority to the dump that is the 5 boroughs of NYC.  If anything its the opposite.  People who live in Queens and Brooklyn, for some reason, think they're so much better than LI that they completely ignore geography.  It's kind of odd really.

Long Island, in areas, is just as much of a dump and also just as upscale as the 5 boroughs. 

As someone who's born in Brooklyn, I can tell you that nobody thinks they're better than Long Island, it's more to the point that they've been educated that they're part of New York City, and Long Island is not... And Long Island does everything in their power to make sure that nobody associates them with New York City.

So from my point of view, it's the folks who from Long Island who think they're better than others.

Just interesting to compare POVs. 

Edited by Pete

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

And Long Island does everything in their power to make sure that nobody associates them with New York City.

But, so does the rest of the state, besides Brooklyn and Queens.  It's like Brooklyn and Queens have this need to be associated with the city as some kind of street cred or bragging rights.

While LI (agreed its got some dumpy areas in its own right), is fine with just being the suburbs.  Or atleast it was years and years ago. 

Back to the pizza...  Brooklyn has the big 2 experiences in Spumoni gardens and Grimaldis... what else is there? And Queens? Pffft. Nothing there. In Suffolk county alone I can name 3-4 really damn good pizza places.

I fucking miss good pizza. There's nothing up here in the Poconos  and I can't enjoy a pie from all the recommended places all over jersey, because I'm not eating whole or half a pizza on my lunch break and having the fear of having to shit at a construction site. 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But, so does the rest of the state, besides Brooklyn and Queens.  It's like Brooklyn and Queens have this need to be associated with the city as some kind of street cred or bragging rights.

While LI (agreed its got some dumpy areas in its own right), is fine with just being the suburbs.  Or atleast it was years and years ago. 

Back to the pizza...  Brooklyn has the big 2 experiences in Spumoni gardens and Grimaldis... what else is there? And Queens? Pffft. Nothing there. In Suffolk county alone I can name 3-4 really damn good pizza places.

I fucking miss good pizza. There's nothing up here in the Poconos  and I can't enjoy a pie from all the recommended places all over jersey, because I'm not eating whole or half a pizza on my lunch break and having the fear of having to shit at a construction site. 

If you're BK and Queens you'd rather be associated with the greatest city in the world than whatever LI is doing. LI enjoys Manhattan money and proximity, but shits on New York City. Odd.

You can go on almost any corner and get a good slice in Brooklyn. You have to go to specific places on Long Island to get what you can get on any corner in BK, or Manhattan for that matter. 

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you're BK and Queens you'd rather be associated with the greatest city in the world than whatever LI is doing. LI enjoys Manhattan money and proximity, but shits on New York City. Odd.

You can go on almost any corner and get a good slice in Brooklyn. You have to go to specific places on Long Island to get what you can get on any corner in BK, or Manhattan for that matter. 

LI and Manhattan are 2 different animals. As is most of upstate. Can probably throw Staten Island in there too. These areas think very differently than each other. I mean look at how they vote. 

It's 2 different life styles. Each has their own uppity overvalued self worth surrounded by utter shit and garbage lol.  

I'm not sure how LI enjoys Manhattan money as you put it. I mean, yeah sure people commute to the city for work, but they certainly don't enjoy how overpriced everything is in the city.

Bridges, tunnels, tolls, trains, parking, food that are insanely priced and yet such departments cry poor. LOL. Yeah, LIers enjoy the shit out of that. 

LIers would probably go to the city less if all the sports teams would build on the Island. They'd almost rather not be associated with what WAS the greatest city in the world.  

I get your angle though. The boroughs don't give a F about going out east and seeing the nice land, actual beaches and the Hamptons. Meanwhile LIers do tend to still feel the need to go to the boroughs. 

As for Pizza. I dunno. I feel like the ratio of bad to good is worse in the boroughs and is more consistently good all over LI except way out east. That's just my take. I'm sure I've missed some gems in Brooklyn. 

Edited by The Dude

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

My issue is that Italians no longer make or own pizzarias anymore in BK. Most moved out to SI or jersey and took their pizza making skills with them. Im in BK every day, it’s nothing like it was 20-30 years ago.  Dominic DiFara died, Spumoni and Grimaldi’s are garbage nowadays.  Round Pie in SI and now Jersey is one of the best

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

LI and Manhattan are 2 different animals. As is most of upstate. Can probably throw Staten Island in there too. These areas think very differently than each other. I mean look at how they vote. 

It's 2 different life styles. Each has their own uppity overvalued self worth surrounded by utter shit and garbage lol.  

I'm not sure how LI enjoys Manhattan money as you put it. I mean, yeah sure people commute to the city for work, but they certainly don't enjoy how overpriced everything is in the city.

Bridges, tunnels, tolls, trains, parking, food that are insanely priced and yet such departments cry poor. LOL. Yeah, LIers enjoy the shit out of that. 

LIers would probably go to the city less if all the sports teams would build on the Island. They'd almost rather not be associated with what WAS the greatest city in the world.  

I get your angle though. The boroughs don't give a F about going out east and seeing the nice land, actual beaches and the Hamptons. Meanwhile LIers do tend to still feel the need to go to the boroughs. 

As for Pizza. I dunno. I feel like the ratio of bad to good is worse in the boroughs and is more consistently good all over LI except way out east. That's just my take. I'm sure I've missed some gems in Brooklyn. 

There would be no Montauk without Manhattan, (and Brooklyn) basically.

Edited by Pete

Nevermind Pizza....Montauk Downs: probably the coolest golf course I've ever played.

If you're a golfer, it's an absolute MUST on the bucket list.

As far as Pizza goes...it's a shame Agean's is no longer around.  It was a Greek/Italian restaurant in the Sun Vet Mall for almost half a century.  The Pizza was the best I've ever had....far and away!

Edited by Ozzy

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nevermind Pizza....Montauk Downs: probably the coolest golf course I've ever played.

If you're a golfer, it's an absolute MUST on the bucket list.

As far as Pizza goes...it's a shame Agean's is no longer around.  It was a Greek/Italian restaurant in the Sun Vet Mall for almost half a century.  The Pizza was the best I've ever had....far and away!

Ozzy Aegean's sucked lol

18 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Bullshit.  There is no such thing as pizza with no leftover power lol.

Agean's was...trust me!  that shit had a half life of about 30 minutes...TOPS!

But during that time...it was GOOD!

• LMFAO 1

• 1 month later...