• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The NEW Dinner Thread

4EverRangerFrank

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

So dinner for us since Christmas isn’t a huge deal probably is going to be roasted cauliflower and frosted flake chicken tenders with 5 diff sauces included a ketchup, honey mustard, bbq, teriyaki, and spicy garlic. 

excite!

Damn dude!!  I have a bag of popcorn!!  😃

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's totally awesome how you go full on adult with the cauliflower,  then go straight up little kid with the chicken tenders with ketchup. 

I don't mean that as an insult.  I have the diet of a 6 year old. I'd have frozen Jose Ole Mini Tacos, (with sour cream on the side along with ketchup mixed with hot sauce, which is a Tara inn recipe for their dipping sauce) for Christmas dinner if it were up to me. 

Love Chicky Nuggies. LOVE EM.

BTW,  what spicy garlic sauce you got going on? This shit is my go to. Pretty hot though 

spacer.png

I believe my bottle is form that dinosaur bbq company .

I've spent the past week meticulously planning the menu for the weekend. It's 100% my favorite part of Christmas. I started this morning with some seafood omlettes. Nice scallops. Heavy cream. Some nutty Gruyere to top it off.

My wife is already sick of it. She's a low caste Swedish immigrant from Ottawa Valley. Probably wants pickled herring, or some shit.

Anyways, now everybody has canceled and I'm stuck with 6 pounds of prime rib. What's a guy to do?

31 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I've spent the past week meticulously planning the menu for the weekend. It's 100% my favorite part of Christmas. I started this morning with some seafood omlettes. Nice scallops. Heavy cream. Some nutty Gruyere to top it off.

My wife is already sick of it. She's a low caste Swedish immigrant from Ottawa Valley. Probably wants pickled herring, or some shit.

Anyways, now everybody has canceled and I'm stuck with 6 pounds of prime rib. What's a guy to do?

Get vaccinated. 

35 minutes ago, Dunny said:

find a bigger wife

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Gotta' crow about last night's dinner. I found this wonderful butcher in Beacon: Barb the Butcher and picked up two 40-day dry aged rib roasts for last night's dinner. Salted those bad boys thirty minutes before cooking in a dry cast iron skillet. 5 minutes on each side and basted with butter and a rosemary brush. Geezus these were fantastic! I also made thick potato wedges in the oven while roasting thin asparagus.

Drinks you ask? My staple Dewar's and soda with lemon while cooking. Earthquake Cab Sauvignon with dinner. Dessert: Hakan Chocolates

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

So what, you cut them in to steaks, or they were rib eyes?

I bought a 3 bone choice prime rib for Xmas dinner, it was $118 lol. Beef, other than ground, is off the menu. It's wildly priced. I'd buy half a cow but I've never liked the thought of ungraded.

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

So what, you cut them in to steaks, or they were rib eyes?

I bought a 3 bone choice prime rib for Xmas dinner, it was $118 lol. Beef, other than ground, is off the menu. It's wildly priced. I'd buy half a cow but I've never liked the thought of ungraded.

I used to buy 1/2 a cow from a farmer who did pasture raised with no hormones. I had a full freezer at the time so storage wasn’t a problem. He would send the cows to a local processor who cut they way you wanted then cryovac and flash frozen. I’m thinking in addition to the beef cuts that we’d get 50-60 one-bound packages of ground beef. Those were the days. Now, in a 2 BR condo I have no extra storage space. 

I’m trying to find a good, I guess Persian, rice recipe. I’ve seen some turmeric basmati rice recipes baked with chicken breast but that seem,s like it would come out dry. 

I’m thinking turmeric, garlic, ginger, scallion, shredded carrots, raisins, sliced almonds, chicken broth, etc for a rice and for the protein maybe some air fried chicken teriyaki  meatballs ….have it all come together. Stay tuned. 

• TroCheckmark 2

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’m trying to find a good, I guess Persian, rice recipe. I’ve seen some turmeric basmati rice recipes baked with chicken breast but that seem,s like it would come out dry. 

I’m thinking turmeric, garlic, ginger, scallion, shredded carrots, raisins, sliced almonds, chicken broth, etc for a rice and for the protein maybe some air fried chicken teriyaki  meatballs ….have it all come together. Stay tuned. 

Sounds delish

• 2 weeks later...

16 course molecular cooking dinner tonight at Le Chic in Cancun. This will be my third dinner here and it’s always amazing trying to figure out exactly what the dish being  served actually is before  it’s explained. Amazing stuff and unreal flavors. The last time we were here one of the courses featured African ants harvested once a year. Yum!

• TroCheckmark 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Keirik said:

Toying with the idea of hosting a super bowl party for the in laws and also the village administration so about 15+ people. 
od hire a butler and All that jazz but need some good super bowl recipes. . Anyone? 

Village admin?  You fucking brownnoser.  What are you up to that you need to be making some shady under the table dealings, eh?

• LMFAO 1

52 minutes ago, Dunny said:

WTF is a village admin? Do you all live in gated communities, or something?

Chateaubriand here, tonight. Probably with a bernaise and some potato puree. Wellington looks too intimidating for me.

You probably call them village people. A group of diverse representatives that encourage proper use of public amenities.

20 hours ago, Keirik said:

Toying with the idea of hosting a super bowl party for the in laws and also the village administration so about 15+ people. 
od hire a butler and All that jazz but need some good super bowl recipes. . Anyone? 

Are you in Lake Grove? I forget. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Near there. Port Jeff. Why? 

Just know a lot of people in that "village"  with all the places you and ozzy talk about going to,  I figured you were from the area. 

I have some family and friends in Port or Port area. The old contractor I used to work for is doing a huge project in PJ too. 

Asked about Lake Grove,  because we are similar in age and wondered if we knew people or even each other. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just know a lot of people in that "village"  with all the places you and ozzy talk about going to,  I figured you were from the area. 

I have some family and friends in Port or Port area. The old contractor I used to work for is doing a huge project in PJ too. 

Asked about Lake Grove,  because we are similar in age and wondered if we knew people or even each other. 

Lake grove I hung out more when John Harvards was there. Miss that place. There’s J & Ws, Millets Alehouse, Village Idiot, or even Millers Alehouse.