• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The NEW Dinner Thread

4EverRangerFrank

10 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Lake grove I hung out more when John Harvards was there. Miss that place. There’s J & Ws, Millets Alehouse, Village Idiot, or even Millers Alehouse. 

John Harvard's was the shit. Best pumpkin beer ever. Best meatloaf and they had chicken skewers that were dynamite. Was really sad when they closed.  Miller's is good. I went to the V I. in Patchogue years ago when I lived there and thought it was a bit trashy but home towny/clicky. where Millets Ale house and what's J&Ws? 

Edited by The Dude
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

John Harvard's was the shit. Best pumpkin beer ever. Best meatloaf and they had chicken skewers that were dynamite. Was really sad when they closed.  Miller's is good. I went to the V I. in Patchogue years ago when I lived there and thought it was a bit trashy but home towny/clicky. where Millets Ale house and what's J&Ws? 

JWs is a shot dive bar I guess in Ronkonkoma at 5 corners if you know where that is.

john Harvard’s is a shame to be gone. So many good times there. No idea how they weren’t successful except they were fudging numbers from time to time 

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

JWs is a shot dive bar I guess in Ronkonkoma at 5 corners if you know where that is.

john Harvard’s is a shame to be gone. So many good times there. No idea how they weren’t successful except they were fudging numbers from time to time 

I've totally been to JWs. What's it's full name or former name?  It's in the shopping center where the old A&P was (Now oddlot or something). Diagonal from the cemetery.  Lmao I know a lot of people who would "go" there going back 10 years or so. Totally got a DJ to play an In Flames Cd/single (right before they went to shit) on some lame DJ/dance night. Great coke bar, err hole in the wall. 

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

Lake grove I hung out more when John Harvards was there. Miss that place. There’s J & Ws, Millets Alehouse, Village Idiot, or even Millers Alehouse. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've totally been to JWs. What's it's full name or former name?  It's in the shopping center where the old A&P was (Now oddlot or something). Diagonal from the cemetery.  Lmao I know a lot of people who would "go" there going back 10 years or so. Totally got a DJ to play an In Flames Cd/single (right before they went to shit) on some lame DJ/dance night. Great coke bar, err hole in the wall. 

Not gonna lie, I thought you didn't realize you you typed Miller's twice and assumed Millet's was a typo lol.  I've never heard of Millet's either.  We had to have all ran into each other at some point.  I've been to JW's so many times.  Hole in the wall is putting it nicely lol.  John Harvard's was the shit.  Good food, and yes, their pumpkin beer was the shit.  @The Dude I'm surprised you didn't like the Patchogue VI.  Its a huge Ranger bar.  Food is outstanding there too.  

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not gonna lie, I thought you didn't realize you you typed Miller's twice and assumed Millet's was a typo lol.  I've never heard of Millet's either.  We had to have all ran into each other at some point.  I've been to JW's so many times.  Hole in the wall is putting it nicely lol.  John Harvard's was the shit.  Good food, and yes, their pumpkin beer was the shit.  @The Dude I'm surprised you didn't like the Patchogue VI.  Its a huge Ranger bar.  Food is outstanding there too.  

I went in there late and it was just a bunch of loud mouths. I wasn't into it. I'm sure it's a cool place.  Lots of people talk about it. The fact that they opened another location means they are obviously successful. 

When I frequented bars, you'd typically find me at McCarthys in Centereach, Nappers and the place next to it in Smithtown, and various shit holes across the Island that would host Hardcore shows. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Cheers 1

in the eat a bit healthier push I've made this a bunch recently

https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Sweet-Potato-Lentil-Curry-with-Crispy-Sesame-Chickpeas-Half-Baked-Harvest

Sweet Potato + Lentil Curry

I skip the Chickpea part of the recipe. Also definitely add some more spice to it, but its super simple and really tasty

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

My daugher is on a trip with my wife's dad for the week, so it was time for my wife to go out for the first time in a couple of years on a date night.  

Saturday night took us to Marcus Samuelsson's Red Rooster in Harlem, had the buffalo chicken sandwich (best buffalo chicken sandwich Ive had), and a fried chicken leg....OMG, leg was doused with honey.....so good.  

Not dinner, but on Sunday night my wife and I went to Marble Dessert Bar.....tasting menu of 10 desserts, intimate setting (max 8 people), $125 pp.....fellas take your significant other there for a date night....Its well worth it for the experience.  https://marble-nyc.com/

• 1 year later...

So, I'm big on condiments.  Always looking for a good dipping sauce or something to marinade  meats in. 

Anyone mess with hot honey? Seems to be a craze in pizza places around Jersey (jersey thinks they do pizza the best.. pffft. LI destroys jersey). 

I'm enthused, but wondering if anyone has used it. And if so, are the cheaper brands comparable? The popular brand "Mike's hot honey" comes in these tiny bottles that go for 10-13 bucks. 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

So, I'm big on condiments.  Always looking for a good dipping sauce or something to marinade  meats in. 

Anyone mess with hot honey? Seems to be a craze in pizza places around Jersey (jersey thinks they do pizza the best.. pffft. LI destroys jersey). 

I'm enthused, but wondering if anyone has used it. And if so, are the cheaper brands comparable? The popular brand "Mike's hot honey" comes in these tiny bottles that go for 10-13 bucks. 

I don’t have much advice on hot honey but you said you are into condiments. Look into Wickles. Sweet, spicy pickle chips that go very well on a good burger or chopped up in tuna salad. 

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

You have to experiment with brands for hot honey, they're not all the same. We've tried it as a salmon glaze and it's nice. It's sweet but ends with kick.

Why argue of NJ has better pizza than LI? Brooklyn has better than both. 😉

• Keeps it 100 1

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

I don’t have much advice on hot honey but you said you are into condiments. Look into Wickles. Sweet, spicy pickle chips that go very well on a good burger or chopped up in tuna salad. 

I've had em. Pretty damn good.  

• Applause 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

You have to experiment with brands for hot honey, they're not all the same. We've tried it as a salmon glaze and it's nice. It's sweet but ends with kick.

Why argue of NJ has better pizza than LI? Brooklyn has better than both. 😉

no way whatever GIF

Nah. I feel there's more options that hit on LI. Brooklyn has a couple that are good, but they ate more of an attraction than anything.  Meaning it's something to do, or an experience. more so than a must have.  

And if any comes in here talking about Connecticut "Apizza", they can... they can... take a flying leap.  LOL, I've actually never had it but the smugness of calling it "Apizza" is so annoying . 

Edited by The Dude

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

no way whatever GIF

Nah. I feel there's more options that hit on LI. Brooklyn has a couple that are good, but they ate more of an attraction than anything.  Meaning it's something to do, or an experience. more so than a must have.  

And if any comes in here talking about Connecticut "Apizza", they can... they can... take a flying leap.  LOL, I've actually never had it but the smugness of calling it "Apizza" is so annoying . 

I agree, the pizza in Brooklyn is much better. 

I’ve lived here (LI) for 3 years and Ive yet to have a good pizza slice. 

Granted I haven’t tried any of the “top 10 “ places but the average slice out here leaves a lot to be desired. 

brooklyn and queens win that battle without a doubt 

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Long Island has an inferiority complex LOL.

I feel no inferiority to the dump that is the 5 boroughs of NYC.  If anything its the opposite.  People who live in Queens and Brooklyn, for some reason, think they're so much better than LI that they completely ignore geography.  It's kind of odd really.