• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers "do not envision long-term relationship," with DeAngelo

Phil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone just took Staal's full hit. Albeit for one year, Touba would be infinitely more moveable at his age, later in his deal.

Sure, in the final year. The Rangers also had to give up a second-round pick to Detroit in order for them to say yes. If they decided to trade him tomorrow, you think there's really gonna be a parade of teams champing at the bit to trade for him at full freight? I don't. I think there'd be a market, but it'd be pretty limited. He's really expensive and didn't come close to making right by that ticket in year one.

Lundkvist going to UFA? Yeah, okay Larry. I highly doubt Lundkvist would stay in the SHL for another two seasons just to become a UFA especially if it means forgoing playing with the Rangers. Larry has to stir for views so I get it. He can't write about Josh Anderson anymore.

He hasn?t gotten any material from this board to write about lately so he?s just stirring

Trouba is signed for seven more years on a deal I can't imagine a lot of teams would be jumping to acquire. "Forever," is a relative term.

Six more years. I could see him potentially being on the move in a few years if he isn't quite what we had hoped. Though if it's really a full NMC with no partial trade clause like Staal had, then we might have him the full 6 yrs no matter what.

Edit: Modified NTC last 2 years of deal. Rangers can move on in 4 years if needed. And that lines up perfectly with Lundkvist's ELC expiring after he signs next offseason.

Sure, in the final year. The Rangers also had to give up a second-round pick to Detroit in order for them to say yes. If they decided to trade him tomorrow, you think there's really gonna be a parade of teams champing at the bit to trade for him at full freight? I don't. I think there'd be a market, but it'd be pretty limited. He's really expensive and didn't come close to making right by that ticket in year one.

I agree with you because "this year" includes internal caps for a lot of teams. If it was a normal NHL year, I think they'd be able to move him for a change of scenery type guy.

I know he has an NMC or NTC, but you don't think Winnipeg would trade Laine for him right now?

I agree with you because "this year" includes internal caps for a lot of teams. If it was a normal NHL year, I think they'd be able to move him for a change of scenery type guy.

I know he has an NMC or NTC, but you don't think Winnipeg would trade Laine for him right now?

No. I don't think Winnipeg would even want him back after the way he left. The fans detest him.

I would not read that much into the fact that the Rangers took a D Man who might be NHL ready three years from now. It's impossible to say what position you are going to need players at that far out, so you draft the best player available.

OK, but he just put up 27 points in 70 games coming off a 50 in 82 season with Winnipeg a year ago. That's a precipitous drop.

I mean look at Winnipeg's right side LOL...But yea...I didn't want him either. Forget the price tag it took to get him. So maybe you're right.

I don't get what this pick has to do with ADA though. This isn't a kid who is going to step into the lineup this year. Defensemen take longer to become NHL ready, and I don't want to rush any young defensemen into the league who aren't ready like they did with MDZ. If they can get a 4 year deal on ADA, that is long enough for these kids to get ready to step in here.

I think ADA is gone after this year because of Lundkvist, not because of this draft pick.

No, Lundqvist will elect for FA because we just drafted a 18 year old out of Brandon, Manitoba, and the writing is on the wall.

What a fucking loser Larry Brooks is.

Larry keeps pushing this idea that the Rangers aren't going to sign Lundkvist. I don't know why.

Schneider is a pick for the FUTURE. He's going to follow in Miller and Lundkvist's footsteps. He's not pushing out DeAngelo or Lundkvist in 2021.

So this whole argument is baseless.