• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Qualify Ryan Strome; Still Have Big Decision Regarding Long-Term Future

Scott

Well they are really in the (essentially) same conundrum they were in with Zibanejad not too long ago. right in that tweener stage. But Strome put up low key 1C stats this season. I cant fault him for getting some money this season. Rangers cant go long term, though.

And honestly, it would probably be easier to look at the team if you see the Panarin line as the first line, and the Zibanejad line as the second line. no offense to Mika. Just putting the perspective into how I think the Rangers are looking at it. Is Strome a 1C? Do you pay him like a potential 1C?

Funny, I was just thinking the same. Our top player is Panarin. Labeling his line as the 2nd line isn't exactly true, and maybe that is why the Rangers are looking for someone that's better. Not much out there though, so why not go with what obviously works and fix the D, while building a better supporting cast on the bottom six?

But on paying Strome, such a player (much like DeAngelo) just can't command these insane raises after having these career years, shortly after being bubble roster players. You can't go from problem child or underachiever to wanting to be paid like a top player. Consistency needs to be taken into consideration and these players are being very unreasonable with what seems like the demand to be paid as players who have proven to be worth big time dollars.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I was just thinking the same. Our top player is Panarin. Labeling his line as the 2nd line isn't exactly true, and maybe that is why the Rangers are looking for someone that's better. Not much out there though, so why not go with what obviously works and fix the D, while building a better supporting cast on the bottom six?

But on paying Strome, such a player (much like DeAngelo) just can't command these insane raises after having these career years, shortly after being bubble roster players. You can't go from problem child or underachiever to wanting to be paid like a top player. Consistency needs to be taken into consideration and these players are being very unreasonable with what seems like the demand to be paid as players who have proven to be worth big time dollars.

Last year, I was suggesting a 2 year deal for DeAngelo and Lemieux for that reason. I didnt expect DeAngelo to have that season, but we knew if any of these guys had a better season it was going to be questioned.