• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ron Hainsey "should be at the top of the list," for Ranger's Left Side

Phil

And if, as likely, the team is seeking a veteran to play either side on a one-year depth deal, Ottawa pending free agent Ron Hainsey should be at the top of the list of candidates. The 39-year-old lefty worked primarily last year on the right with Thomas Chabot. The 2000 Montreal first-rounder was on the Penguins? 2017 Cup winning defense coached by incoming Rangers assistant Jacques Martin.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/28/rangers-marc-staal-aftermath-vicious-moment-changed-everything/

He's an undying vet. You won't get much offense, but with Staal now gone, you'll replenish the leadership void with aplomb.

I’d rather hope the likes of Kreider, Ziby, and even Panarin give you leadership. Trouba also, who while young, still will be going into his 8th season in the league next year. Plus, I’m still holding out hope we look at a 4th liner or two with experience. Not against adding leadership at the blue line but not one as old as me.

If we are looking for a LHD who played under Jacques Martin in Pittsburgh why don?t we wait as see what Chicago does with Olli Maatta. Rumor was he may be brought out with Chicago looking to clear cap. He?s 26 and played under Martin from 2013-2019 and was on both Stanley Cup teams.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You could do way, way worse than Ron Hainsey at a near league-minimum deal when you have four defensemen who can't grow pubes.

Well there's a pretty big difference between "you could do a lot worse" and " should be at the top of their list" kind of things.