• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeff Gorton, Chris Drury Contracts Extended

Phil

So your evidence that we turned down Rasmus Sandin for Georgiev is Dreger and Mirtle agreeing that the Rangers wouldn't take Kasperi Kapanen as a fair trade? I'm not seeing Rasmus Sandin anywhere in there.

Surely you see that this isn't quite holding up as a legitimate criticism of Gorton.

In fairness, Leafs fan Brad with 63 Twitter followers is an impeccable source.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, Leafs fan Brad with 63 Twitter followers is an impeccable source.

Good guy. Once got me a double double and a maple dip.

7:30 mark.

https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/playlist/22/listen-19795.html?cb=1580946400.545819

So either he wouldn't trade Geo for Sandin, or he was never going to trade Geo. And now Geo is pretty terrible, so either way you slice it, that's a bad call to not move an asset at peak value.

Now he's stuck with 3 tendies and he'll likely buy out Lundy...Leading to another shit cap situation.

Keep going boys, I can do this all day. The immense overreaction to calling Gorton a good GM who got extremely lucky with his best acquisitions...Is fascinating. The homerism is in full effect.

Dude... It's well documented all three players wanted to be here and Trouba and Fox forced it.

Stating something that is understood by all doesn’t make the rest of your argument any better. A lot of players probably want to play in New York. Looks like Gorton made the right choices. Nobody could have expected things to go any better with the rebuild.

Stating something that is understood by all doesn?t make the rest of your argument any better. A lot of players probably want to play in New York. Looks like Gorton made the right choices. Nobody could have expected things to go any better with the rebuild.
Uh... Sure that's one way to look at it.

He turns down bad players? I guess?

Honestly I give up.

I made my case. Good GM. Also really lucky GM. Wouldn't call him GM of the year.

He traded for Strome which is all that really matters. Strome is carrying Panarin to an MVP.

(If you don't pickup the sarcasm, I can't help you)

Honestly I give up.

I made my case. Good GM. Also really lucky GM. Wouldn't call him GM of the year.

He traded for Strome which is all that really matters. Strome is carrying Panarin to an MVP.

(If you don't pickup the sarcasm, I can't help you)

Your case got so destroyed that in the span of three pages you went from fortunate, to decent, to good when describing Gorton?s GM abilities. In a few more pages you will have him in the HOF.

• Like 1

This is good news.. Continuity has value, and this leadership team from JD down seems to be getting the job done, and doing it with pace.. Gorton (whose only failing was not being the first GM in the history of sport to bat 1000) and Drury are both being rightly rewarded for a job well done, despite their shit stinking like most humans.

Your case got so destroyed that in the span of three pages you went from fortunate, to decent, to good when describing Gorton?s GM abilities. In a few more pages you will have him in the HOF.
Hahahha. Whatever you say, guy.

I guess you don't realize that a person can be good at their job, but also very fortunate.

This is good news.. Continuity has value, and this leadership team from JD down seems to be getting the job done, and doing it with pace.. Gorton (whose only failing was not being the first GM in the history of sport to bat 1000) and Drury are both being rightly rewarded for a job well done, despite their shit stinking like most humans.
Never failed?

The Spooner Names and Trouba contracts would like a word.

Does Gorton get some credit for hiring Quinn, or is the jury still kind of out on him. I think overall he's done a good job this year and made some strides as a coach from last year. Although having some more talent certainly doesn't hurt. lol I wouldn't say he's great, as he still makes his fair share of odd decisions.

Does Gorton get some credit for hiring Quinn, or is the jury still kind of out on him. I think overall he's done a good job this year and made some strides as a coach from last year. Although having some more talent certainly doesn't hurt. lol I wouldn't say he's great, as he still makes his fair share of odd decisions.
Love Quinn, he's a second-year coach and sometimes it shows. But I think he's doing a good job. He's learning too.

I'm not gonna keep spelling it out for you if you don't get it.

I get it. You like just about everything Gorton has done but think most of it was accomplished because he is fortunate to be in New York. If only the GMs of the Knicks, Mets, Giants, and Jets enjoyed the same advantage.

I get it. You like just about everything Gorton has done but think most of it was accomplished because he is fortunate to be in New York. If only the GMs of the Knicks, Mets, Giants, and Jets enjoyed the same advantage.

I don't care about nor can I speak to other sports.

This is a fact...Trouba had a short list (NYC area), Fox had one team on his list, and Panarin had a short list (NY Teams)

This is all documented. Fox was not going to sign, he was going to be UFA, and he was coming to NY. Gorton just traded for him first.

I'll just put how I feel about Gorton here (again) so you can stop trying to shiuft, finagle, reconstruct, or outright misconstrue it.

This is how I see it.

Strome is a good player who's in a fortunate position to score at a rate higher than he normally would because of where he is in the lineup. But I wouldn't pay Strome based on his point totals this year.

Similarly, Gorton is a good GM who has the fortune of being in a city a lot of players want to play in, with a bankroll that allowed him to erase his own mistakes in Shattenkirk and throw money at Panarin.

But I wouldn't call him GM of the year or give him high fives for Panarin, Fox, Trouba, the #2 overall falling in his lap, etc...

His mismanagement of the cap meant he had to trade Skjei for space rather than trading to address a need (Like getting Trocek), didn't move Geo when Geo was at his peak... Etc.

I don't care about nor can I speak to other sports.

This is a fact...Trouba had a short list (NYC area), Fox had one team on his list, and Panarin had a short list (NY Teams)

This is all documented. Fox was not going to sign, he was going to be UFA, and he was coming to NY. Gorton just traded for him first.

I'll just put how I feel about Gorton here (again) so you can stop trying to shiuft, finagle, reconstruct, or outright misconstrue it.

Like I mentioned previously, I like the way your thinking has come around since pg1 of this thread.

Trouba and Fox were acquired via nice trades. Panarin signed for below what the Isles offered. For me Gorton is worth his weight in gold for just stealing Mika and having the arrow pointed up much sooner than anticipated. A rebuild is not easy, especially in New York.

My bad. By your 8th post on the first page you were already coming around.

Or it could just be that you don't get it, and never will? I'll simplify.

A GM can be both lucky and good.

I can call a GM lucky and good and it doesn't mean I have to hate, or love, every move. I'm free to say, "I like this move", "I don't like this move", or "Wow he got lucky there".

That's really as simple as I can make it. Do you get it now?