• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stranger Things: Season 4

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Said to the surprise of absolutely no one.

pretty much

Anyways this past season got me so hyped and cause there is such shit on right now,I'm going back and rewatching all the seasons and Also because I have no life.

Haven't been on in a few weeks, catching up.  Finished the season and l loved the extended run times the last few episodes.  Just started the season over again so my wife can watch now lol.  I'm sure it'll be a month before we finish it together, which is why I stopped waiting for her back when the season began.  I feel this season had some stale moments that I don't remember prior seasons having but the great moments far made up for them.

Spoiler

Agreed that I kind of feel like a lot of the California storyline was pretty much pointless once El was arrested.  The force-feeding of Will's love for Mike was over the top and unnecessary.  Like @Sharpshooter said, Robin is an organically great character.  I'm not saying that its not ok to have more than one gay character.  I just feel like they ruined Will's character by making him constantly whining and moping.  If anything, I saw Dustin's admiration of Eddie as a better hypothetical transition of his character's sexuality far better than what they are trying to do with Will and Mike.  Argyle was hysterical.  I loved the scene at the Surfer Boy Pizzeria prior to the boys hijacking the freezer for El.  Eddie was awesome.  I was pissed they killed him off.  I get they wanted to finish his arc from coward to hero but come on!  The El origin story that they covered in episodes 7-9 was epic.  I really loved that twist.

Also I'm loving this Loveless cover of Kate Bush 

Edited by SaveByRichter35

On 7/18/2022 at 7:25 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Haven't been on in a few weeks, catching up.  Finished the season and l loved that extended run times the last few episodes.  Just started the season over again so my wife can watch now lol.  I'm sure it'll be a month before we finish it together, which is why I stopped waiting for her back when the season began.  I feel this season had some stale moments that I don't remember prior seasons having but the great moments far made up for them.

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed that I kind of feel like a lot of the California storyline was pretty much pointless once El was arrested.  The force-feeding of Will's love for Mike was over the top and unnecessary.  Like @Sharpshooter said, Robin is an organically great character.  I'm not saying that its not ok to have more than one gay character.  I just feel like they ruined Will's character by making him constantly whining and moping.  If anything, I saw Dustin's admiration of Eddie as a better hypothetical transition of his character's sexuality far better than what they are trying to do with Will and Mike.  Argyle was hysterical.  I loved the scene at the Surfer Boy Pizzeria prior to the boys hijacking the freezer for El.  Eddie was awesome.  I was pissed they killed him off.  I get they wanted to finish his arc from coward to hero but come on!  The El origin story that they covered in episodes 7-9 was epic.  I really loved that twist.

Also I'm loving this Loveless cover of Kate Bush 

It was great seeing Kate Bush getting some love for her music with that song being used a lot this season.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It was great seeing Kate Bush getting some love for her music with that song being used a lot this season.

I'm 39 in August.  Have to admit she's one 80's doll I've never heard off.  The song is catchy as fuck though, I enjoyed it.  I fucking love this cover though, I find it to be better than the original...which is rare.  Its also funny how all these kids are now making Master of Puppets one of the more popular songs for a few days there.  Way to go Eddie 🤘 lol.  

On 7/22/2022 at 4:32 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm 39 in August.  Have to admit she's one 80's doll I've never heard off.  The song is catchy as fuck though, I enjoyed it.  I fucking love this cover though, I find it to be better than the original...which is rare.  Its also funny how all these kids are now making Master of Puppets one of the more popular songs for a few days there.  Way to go Eddie 🤘 lol.  

It is a good cover. Placebo did a very good one as well. I love it that these shows are introducing this music to a younger audience, much younger than us I mean. They're hearing some truly great music for once and eating it up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/01/stranger-things-childhood-freedom/

Depressing but interesting read.  Man I miss being a kid lol.

I think about this a lot when I think about my son. Some of my best memories as a kid were long bike rides with friends and just hanging out in the neighborhood getting into whatever we felt like. He won’t sadly really ever get to experience this unless he’s older. 

finally finished the season- thought it was good and don’t have many complaints. Eddie was awesome. Loved the Freddy Krueger-like aspect of vecna. 

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

I think about this a lot when I think about my son. Some of my best memories as a kid were long bike rides with friends and just hanging out in the neighborhood getting into whatever we felt like. He won’t sadly really ever get to experience this unless he’s older. 

finally finished the season- thought it was good and don’t have many complaints. Eddie was awesome. Loved the Freddy Krueger-like aspect of vecna. 

Agreed on our kids.  We have a fairly large development with several neighborhoods all connected by back roads without having to go on a major road so they should be ok on their bikes as they get older.  There are lots of kids in the neighborhood, my son starts kindergarten in a few weeks so I am sure more and more of them will be introduced to each other over time.  He already has a few local friends from his pre-k class.  I can see them all one day riding around the hood together getting into mischief like I did.  Unfortunately for him, we'll always know where...once he has a phone at least lol.  My damn wife copies everything he sisters do, their kids are all older...high school and college...and they all have this family gps app called Life360.  Of course this pain in the ass has it on her phone and mine too and plans on putting it on our kids phones when the time comes.  I can't even get Taco Bell for myself without a text asking me to bring something home for her lol.  

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Agreed on our kids.  We have a fairly large development with several neighborhoods all connected by back roads without having to go on a major road so they should be ok on their bikes as they get older.  There are lots of kids in the neighborhood, my son starts kindergarten in a few weeks so I am sure more and more of them will be introduced to each other over time.  He already has a few local friends from his pre-k class.  I can see them all one day riding around the hood together getting into mischief like I did.  Unfortunately for him, we'll always know where...once he has a phone at least lol.  My damn wife copies everything he sisters do, their kids are all older...high school and college...and they all have this family gps app called Life360.  Of course this pain in the ass has it on her phone and mine too and plans on putting it on our kids phones when the time comes.  I can't even get Taco Bell for myself without a text asking me to bring something home for her lol.  

Lmao me and my wife share locations but I pray she never hears about that app