• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stranger Things: Season 4

• 4 months later...

Release date for S4 announced at last! Seems like they're going to drop the episodes in 2 segments though.

As for the 'beginning of the end' theme, I'm guessing S4 will be the start of an arc which will culminate with the series wrapping up with S5. There were rumors at some point of them doing a S6, but looks like the Duffers confirmed that S5 will be the last.

Edited by Karan
  • Like 1

Stranger Things is finally setting its sights on a Season 4 premiere date as creators Matt and Ross Duffer announce a two-part debut this summer. They’re also revealing that this is the beginning of the end as Netflix orders the series for a fifth and final season. In anticipation of the upcoming season, Netflix unveiled several key art posters featuring the cast with the tagline: “Every Ending Has a Beginning.” (Credit: Netflix) Some of the poster art teases fans with exciting reunions, like David Harbour‘s Hopper and Winona Ryder‘s Joyce Byers, among other things. Fans can look forward to streaming Volume One of the fourth season beginning Friday, May 27 and a few weeks later, Volume Two will arrive Friday, July 1. Set six months after the terrorizing and destructive Battle of Starcourt in Hawkins, Season 4 sees beloved characters struggling with the aftermath as our group of friends are separated for the first time.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63537616?ref_=nwc_sb_nwc_li

Yeah, that makes total sense. There's no way they'd ever make it to season six without this getting into It Chapter Two territory, where you have to jump forward significantly in time because the kids are literally adults at that point.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah, that makes total sense. There's no way they'd ever make it to season six without this getting into It Chapter Two territory, where you have to jump forward significantly in time because the kids are literally adults at that point.

Pretty much. Although it sounds like we may get something to that effect as the Duffers alluded to there being more content in the Stranger Things universe coming after S5. Potentially some spin-off series? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I finished it in two days. lol The show is addicting as hell and it was another fun season. Episode seven is movie length and the last two episodes are going to be a couple of hours each I believe.  It manages to keep getting better.

I would have too if I wasn't forced to watch with someone who wants to fall asleep at fucking 9:30 every night.

• Keeps it 100 1

41 minutes ago, High and Wide said:

This may be my favorite season after season one. The writers have done a fantastic job at developing these plots/sub-plots. At no point have I felt the pacing was off. Stoked for part 2

Yeah, I'm a big fan of this kind of broken pieces spiral together and meet in the finale storytelling. Payoff is gonna be massive.