• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is an argument for keeping him at the deadline even if it is unlikely that they will be able to re-sign him. The value of being in a playoff contention run, rather than the dreary playing out of a schedule ala the past two years, may have more value to the young players and this organization than a No. 28 overall pick with a 25% chance of one day being a decent NHL player.

I think there is an argument for keeping him at the deadline even if it is unlikely that they will be able to re-sign him. The value of being in a playoff contention run, rather than the dreary playing out of a schedule ala the past two years, may have more value to the young players and this organization than a No. 28 overall pick with a 25% chance of one day being a decent NHL player.

Could not disagree more. It's a wild assumption that the pick will be 28 and in fact this year's draft is quite deep. You're more likely to see a bubble playoff team try and get Kreider to push them into the playoffs, when you look at who needs scoring depth. The top end teams don't really need him.

With any luck he'll waive to go to Calgary or Edmonton if it's only for 20 games. The only team that worries me is Boston.

The thing that scares me about this is that most data would suggest the Rangers are outperforming their expectations with this roster; doubling down on a piece that will probably contribute less and less to that when we're more able to realistically compete is a potentially disastrous scenario.

The thing that scares me about this is that most data would suggest the Rangers are outperforming their expectations with this roster; doubling down on a piece that will probably contribute less and less to that when we're more able to realistically compete is a potentially disastrous scenario.

This is pretty much how I feel about the situation as well. I'd hate to see him go but its clear he just is not what most of us envisioned he would be. Its not likely to get much better, if at all. While I'd love to have him for the next season or two, maybe three, anything beyond that is probably going to be detrimental to making space for someone else more important to the long term plan. Send him packing.

This is pretty much how I feel about the situation as well. I'd hate to see him go but its clear he just is not what most of us envisioned he would be. Its not likely to get much better, if at all. While I'd love to have him for the next season or two, maybe three, anything beyond that is probably going to be detrimental to making space for someone else more important to the long term plan. Send him packing.

Largely because of Panarin, ADA (gotta give him his due, 5 point game or not, he's been fantastic), and goaltending that can somehow handle the onslaught of shots they give up, they're punching way over their weight class. To invest in literally anyone but ADA in the coming months is just not a good idea. Kreider, Fast, and even Strome - consider a sell-high approach. MAYBE sell high on ADA (but not for anything short of a bonafide) if the contract demands are wonky.

I get the Trouba/Fox/ADA conundrum - Trouba can play his off-side.

As a completely unrelated note - I hope to all hell that the option to restructure contracts a-la the NFL is included in the next CBA. An NFL team can use excess cap space in, say, 2020, to mitigate future cap hits by paying forward salary. So, in a year like this one where we will end the season with a significant cap cushion(pending trades and bonuses, around 6M), we could, say, give Trouba a 6M bonus to drop his cap it from 8M to 7.2M(or whatever it would be), restructure the Shattenkirk buyout to push the hit into this year, or give Panarin an extra 6M right this moment to drop his hit.

Well, the real negativists are back and showing their true colors. Get rid of Kreider is now the flavor of the day, week, month, year. Should have figured that many want to get rid of a guy that those same NAYSAYERS want to replace with a guy with the same qualities for much, much less $$$. Dreamland is filling up. Some of the reasoning is astounding. He's not physical enough?? Right on. Doesn't have all that much speed?? Right on?? Only good on the PP? Right on. Etc. ad nauseum. Do people actually want the NYR to vie for a chance at the S.C. or is it all hogwash when they say they do? Makes one wonder. As usual I will refrain from getting into who should stay or go. I'm not the GM or coach and surely am not gonna waste time predicting the future. I AM going to root for the NYR no matter who is on the ice; win win or lose lose. Tonight's game against the Blues will give an indication as to how these guys hold up against an elite team on a roll. I will be fixated on my HUGE Hi-Def TV with my sweetie-pie at my side looking for an all-out effort for at least 60 mins. Ta Ta kiddies; H.F! :pbjtime:

Well, the real negativists are back and showing their true colors. Get rid of Kreider is now the flavor of the day, week, month, year. Should have figured that many want to get rid of a guy that those same NAYSAYERS want to replace with a guy with the same qualities for much, much less $$$. Dreamland is filling up. Some of the reasoning is astounding. He's not physical enough?? Right on. Doesn't have all that much speed?? Right on?? Only good on the PP? Right on. Etc. ad nauseum. Do people actually want the NYR to vie for a chance at the S.C. or is it all hogwash when they say they do? Makes one wonder. As usual I will refrain from getting into who should stay or go. I'm not the GM or coach and surely am not gonna waste time predicting the future. I AM going to root for the NYR no matter who is on the ice; win win or lose lose. Tonight's game against the Blues will give an indication as to how these guys hold up against an elite team on a roll. I will be fixated on my HUGE Hi-Def TV with my sweetie-pie at my side looking for an all-out effort for at least 60 mins. Ta Ta kiddies; H.F! :pbjtime:
If you're going to root for the team jk matter who's on the ice, why whine about trading Kreider?

When will you post what you think is a fair contract for Kreider and how it fits into the cap with our other players?

Or do you just use words, the best words, with not much of a point?

If you're going to root for the team jk matter who's on the ice, why whine about trading Kreider?

When will you post what you think is a fair contract for Kreider and how it fits into the cap with our other players?

Or do you just use words, the best words, with not much of a point?

I'm not interested in your sniveling comments towards me. I don't know and could care less about who should get what in compensation. I'm not a GM, agent, coach, president or the like. I'm not whining, as you say. YOU are, immho, one of the pretenders that are quick to criticize and quicker to determine - in your mind - who should stay, go, get bought out, benched, etc. You seem to know everything about the $$$$ each and every player should receive and for how long, and who should become a NYR or leave. Jeez. give it a break, will ya?

To answer the KK ? I don't have a clue what he should or shouldn't get in a contract and as I have said over and over; don't give a rat's behind. All I really care about is watching this team perform as constituted and rooting for them - each and every one - to succeed. Understand??

I'm not interested in your sniveling comments towards me. I don't know and could care less about who should get what in compensation. I'm not a GM, agent, coach, president or the like. I'm not whining, as you say. YOU are, immho, one of the pretenders that are quick to criticize and quicker to determine - in your mind - who should stay, go, get bought out, benched, etc. You seem to know everything about the $$$$ each and every player should receive and for how long, and who should become a NYR or leave. Jeez. give it a break, will ya?

To answer the KK ? I don't have a clue what he should or shouldn't get in a contract and as I have said over and over; don't give a rat's behind. All I really care about is watching this team perform as constituted and rooting for them - each and every one - to succeed. Understand??

Then stick to game day threads and stay out of the ones that specifically talk about trades and contracts? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Guy would you stop? You're a fraud. In the past you've had issues with Shattenkirk, Nash, Skjei, Smith, and management for the money they give out to players. Stop acting like a clown just for the sake of acting like a clown and pretending you are the ultimate optimist. If you are retired and happy, then watch the game in peace and stop being a miserable internet freak here. We get it, the game has passed you by with analytics, salary cap, reality, etc. It's fine. Enjoy the bliss of just watching the games then. However, to come here constantly trying to poke your opinion into places where it's not warranted just screams of desperation. Maybe there is not enough joy in Rangerland for you anymore? That is so cool that you have a HIGH DEF tv! Enjoy that!

Then stick to just watching a sport you know nothing about.

You're not educated enough to talk about the business side. That's fine! Hockey is for everyone! Enjoy the little men moving side to side.

@ Keirik. I'm a fraud? A clown? You just don't like my opinion unless it pleases you. That's too bad, I feel for you. Thanx for your insight. Much appreciated. And.. I surely will take your advice and enjoy the game, as I always do no matter who plays or how much their paid. If you are so upset about my comments, why read them if you only want to bash me? You think I enjoy each and every post you have made? Hardly, my friend. See ya'.

Oh stop with your nonsense. I suppose you know it all about contracts, etc.
Nope, none of us know it all about contracts. However a vast majority of threads are about the construction of the team. Everyone except you throws out numbers and ideas for how we would build the team if we were the GM. That's kinda the point of this whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

@ Keirik. I'm a fraud? A clown? You just don't like my opinion unless it pleases you. That's too bad, I feel for you. Thanx for your insight. Much appreciated. And.. I surely will take your advice and enjoy the game, as I always do no matter who plays or how much their paid. If you are so upset about my comments, why read them if you only want to bash me? You think I enjoy each and every post you have made? Hardly, my friend. See ya'.

Once again no, you are missing the exact point. This board is run and contributed to by members and staff that all make this work. Different opinions and all. However, to actually start calling out mods and complaining about a GDT not being up yet is just asinine. People take their own free time to do this. I’m just trying to help you. Obviously YOU come here. No one is forcing you so it’s clear you need us more than we need you. When you don’t post, this place survives just fine. Thrives with or without you. It’s fine that you are ignorant to the money aspect of this salary cap era. 100% fine. Understand though that it is your ignorance on the matter only. It’s not evidence of being a super fan optimist where you need to call out ad naseum anyone who says player x,y,or z is expendable. When you were calling him Rick Na$h or bringing up Shattenkirk being overpaid no one said boo about it. That’s why you’re a fraud and a clown now.

But instead, don’t take my advice from one grown man to another. Instead, keep going the way you are going and trying to disrespect every Rangers fan on here and see where you end up considering most of us are adults with lives, families, jobs, obligations, whatever and find some free time to contribute here. You should try it one day. Enjoy.

Today, I want to trade all UFA and try to sign them in the offseason.

Kreider, Strome, Fast, Georgiev... they would bring back a ton of assets. These guys are highly sought after players and I think we will see much greater returns than last seasons deadline.