• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

GDT: [RS] (#38) Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs // Rev Up the Leaf Blower

Phil

Who was the Player of the Game?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Ryan Strome
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Alexandar Georgiev
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GM is an idiot if he lets that happen. Especially if they move him and Kreider the team will be finished

Honestly, this is going to be a very weird few months.

1 - We're getting better, but we're still 5 points out of a playoff spot. We're likely to be sellers, and picking outside the top 10. Not where you want to be.

2 - I think conventional wisdom is to look at expiring deals to send off at the TDL. I think we're suddenly sitting on a ton of defense prospects we didn't have in mind last year. Lundkvist looks phenomenal, Miller is captaining USA at the WJC and by all accounts is a monster, Robertson and Jones both look like great picks, Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, and Fox are all making moves and taking steps....I can't help but think that changes the calculus a bit.

3 - Strome - finally, may I add - looks like a top 5 pick with Panarin. Is it better to sell high or lock in?

4 - Kreider's time might be up, unless he wants a sweetheart deal.

I probably check the market on Skjei, Buchnevich, DeAngelo, and Hajek, alongside Strome, Kreider, Andersson, Fast, and Georgiev.

They're 100% going to lose 8-2 or something tonight. No doubt in my mind.

Relenquish your job as a prophet.

***************************************************************************************

The YAYSAYERS are in their glory after this unbelievable victory against what many consider an " elite " team... On the other hand, the bandwagoners and the NAYSAYERS are crying in their collective beers and vodkas because their NYR played a spirited and exciting game. In spite of giving up a late goal on a power play because of a needless penalty, the boys rallied in a short OT to nail the coffin shut in Toronto. Who woulda thunk?? Oh, the positive thinking YAYSAYERS, that's who. Now for the real test in the up coming games. Oh yeah, let us not forget those that want Kreider, Strome, Georgieve and the like dumped for supposed assets. They always show their true allegiance to the Blueshirts. Ta-Ta boys & girls... This game deserves a real H.F!

Relenquish your job as a prophet.

***************************************************************************************

The YAYSAYERS are in their glory after this unbelievable victory against what many consider an " elite " team... On the other hand, the bandwagoners and the NAYSAYERS are crying in their collective beers and vodkas because their NYR played a spirited and exciting game. In spite of giving up a late goal on a power play because of a needless penalty, the boys rallied in a short OT to nail the coffin shut in Toronto. Who woulda thunk?? Oh, the positive thinking YAYSAYERS, that's who. Now for the real test in the up coming games. Oh yeah, let us not forget those that want Kreider, Strome, Georgieve and the like dumped for supposed assets. They always show their true allegiance to the Blueshirts. Ta-Ta boys & girls... This game deserves a real H.F!

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg

1 - We're getting better, but we're still 5 points out of a playoff spot. We're likely to be sellers, and picking outside the top 10. Not where you want to be.

2 - I think conventional wisdom is to look at expiring deals to send off at the TDL. I think we're suddenly sitting on a ton of defense prospects we didn't have in mind last year. Lundkvist looks phenomenal, Miller is captaining USA at the WJC and by all accounts is a monster, Robertson and Jones both look like great picks, Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, and Fox are all making moves and taking steps....I can't help but think that changes the calculus a bit.

3 - Strome - finally, may I add - looks like a top 5 pick with Panarin. Is it better to sell high or lock in?

I probably check the market on Skjei, Buchnevich, DeAngelo, and Hajek, alongside Strome, Kreider, Andersson, Fast, and Georgiev.

Strome I've come full circle on. Keep it under market value and short of five years and I'm game. 4x4 would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Strome I've come full circle on. Keep it under market value and short of five years and I'm game. 4x4 would be perfect.

He has taken a big step forward, but in large part due to Panarin. I still don't see him with the high end skill to drive a line and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as he isn't paid like he does. I find it hard to believe he'd come in that low on a contract if he finishes with 60-70 points. I think it is more likely to be in the 6M vicinity, because why wouldn't he be worth on the open market somewhere closer to what Hayes got?

On edit: It appears Strome will actually be an RFA still and I thought he'd be a UFA. Looks like he turns 27 just after he would need to in order to hit UFA this year. There is a good chance you can get him on a value deal as you've mentioned Phil.

Me too. He's found his game in a big way, he's a glue guy in the room, and he's looking like the guy the Isles thought they drafted. If we can keep him on a team-friendly deal, I'm for it.

He has taken a big step forward, but in large part due to Panarin. I still don't see him with the high end skill to drive a line and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as he isn't paid like he does. I find it hard to believe he'd come in that low on a contract if he finishes with 60-70 points. I think it is more likely to be in the 6M vicinity, because why wouldn't he be worth on the open market somewhere closer to what Hayes got?

Most teams don't have Artemi Panarin to unlock Strome's powers.

I would be totally fine with that deal or something approximating it; I think simple market economics makes it impossible if he keeps producing at that clip alongside Panarin. Hope that I am wrong, and he realizes that 5 X 6 deal the market will likely offer, will end up in a buyout if he is not paired with a player like Panarin. If Gorton offers that, I will join the chorus looking for JD to hire his "his own guy".

I agree with you that we're getting better-but we are going to have to keep improving to get into playoff position. In the next year or two we still need some contracts to come off the books to reshape this team for 2021-2022. Kreider is the obvious trade candidate, Staal and Smith we are probably going to have to live with for the next couple of years or buy out. I'm looking to keep Strome - he and Buchnevich are probably the two biggest decision points for management.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers