• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnston: Rangers Have Shown "Persistent Interest" on Puljuj?rvi

Morphinity 2.0

Andersson is more of a now player than draft picks. The free agents (Strome, Fast) are a tough sell if you can't keep them. Edmonton needs players with some level of built-in control if they're giving up a 21-year-old with the same.

They're doing a heck of a job with that control element. How many NHL points does JP have at this point?

Edmonton needing "now players" is fair, but I'm not sure they get "now + cost control" without either absolute certainty JP's coming back to the NHL if traded or adding something.

I'd agree that giving Kreider here would be an error in judgment given the rental market.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd want one of our goalies, and I'm not prepared to give up either at this point.

I'd also think Strome isn't an option to go to Edmonton.

That leaves Kreider and Skjei, really, as like others, I don't think they would want futures in return.

Would be very nice to build a package around Skjei but we'd probably have to take something like Russell back.

I think they'd want one of our goalies, and I'm not prepared to give up either at this point.

I'd also think Strome isn't an option to go to Edmonton.

That leaves Kreider and Skjei, really, as like others, I don't think they would want futures in return.

Would be very nice to build a package around Skjei but we'd probably have to take something like Russell back.

Agreed. Totally need more than Puljujarvi for one of the goalies.

I'd sooner do that (Andersson) than whatever combinations for someone like Kreider, who I see as arguably the best rental on the market this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I like Andersson a lot but if that's all it took, I'd be thrilled.

If Kreider goes anywhere we need either a 1st rounder or a cost controlled, comparable player in return.

To clarify, are you saying you?d rather do Andersson for Puljujarvi than Kreider for what?

Not sure exactly what you mean.

I don?t think you?re suggesting Puljujarvi for Kreider.

I'm not. If it were me, I'd offer Andersson straight up. Maybe with some irrelevant sweetener (mid-round pick or prospect for the A).

If Kreider is involved, I want EDM's first this year and a conditional first next year (think Zucc trade).

I'm not. If it were me, I'd offer Andersson straight up. Maybe with some irrelevant sweetener (mid-round pick or prospect for the A).

If Kreider is involved, I want EDM's first this year and a conditional first next year (think Zucc trade).

Ok

Didn?t think so.

I don?t think I?d do Andersson for Puljujarvi straight up. Don?t get me wrong, I don?t think that?s anywhere near an unfair deal where one team is getting fleeced. I actually think that?s reasonably fair exchange

But I like what I?ve seen from Andersson thus far and I?m actually more confident in his NHL future than Puljujarvi. Plus I think since he?s a homegrown guy they should keep him around.

Lindgren or Rykov for Puljujarvi?

Edmonton needs help on the wing but they could certainly use a D as well. It doesn?t have to be a forward.

I like Andersson a lot but if that's all it took, I'd be thrilled.

If Kreider goes anywhere we need either a 1st rounder or a cost controlled, comparable player in return.

They might be able to get more for Kreider than that, given how awfully shitty the rental market is shaping up to look.

Sure, I'm just saying one of those things needs to be included.

There’s no question he brings back a 1st rounder, or something of equivalent value, such as the aforementioned young, lower cost player with high potential upside and a good amount of team control. Or a top prospect.

Any of those pieces should be the centerpiece of a trade.

I’m interested to see if they can maybe snag two assets for him.

Ideally, it’s one of a 1st round pick or top prospect or nice young player with affordable team control

Plus a second piece that’s of value.

Given what the rental market is looking like, that’s not unrealistic.

I’ll also add that at some point, Gorton needs to hit one of these “deadline” or “rebuilding” deals out of the park

I think his returns have all been in the average to good range.

But none have been great to excellent.

Where’s the deal that he gets a truly great return?

I’ll also add that at some point, Gorton needs to hit one of these “deadline” or “rebuilding” deals out of the park

I think his returns have all been in the average to good range.

But none have been great to excellent.

Where’s the deal that he gets a truly great return?

I would argue that he knocked the Kevin Hayes trade out of the park. I don't think anyone else got as much at the deadline for a player that Gorton did for Hayes, and it essentially wound up being Hayes and Pionk for Trouba and Lemieux.

I would argue that he knocked the Kevin Hayes trade out of the park. I don't think anyone else got as much at the deadline for a player that Gorton did for Hayes, and it essentially wound up being Hayes and Pionk for Trouba and Lemieux.
I mean... Jury still out considering that we paid Trouba and our lack of centers... I'd argue... That's not a really great deal.

It's kind of a meh, alright then deal.

I mean... Jury still out considering that we paid Trouba and our lack of centers... I'd argue... That's not a really great deal.

It's kind of a meh, alright then deal.

What Trouba got paid and whether or not he's worth 8M AAV is a separate discussion. In trade terms, he's worth far more than Hayes. I'd also rather have Trouba at 8 than Hayes at 7.25.

What Trouba got paid and whether or not he's worth 8M AAV is a separate discussion. In trade terms, he's worth far more than Hayes. I'd also rather have Trouba at 8 than Hayes at 7.25.
Well what Philly paid Hayes is a separate discussion. ;-)

Hayes is a good forward and Pionk an average defenseman.

Trouba is a good defensman and Lemiuex is an average forward.

It's pretty break even AFAIC.

It’s not unfair to say that. But we are still talking about multiple deals being made there. If we have to do that, he hasn’t really nailed one.