• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

I feel bad for Marc Staal. I know everyone's going to say he makes millions of dollars or whatever but he's been a good Ranger. I don't like fans dancing on his grave.

Yeah, I'm about the same.

Fucker gave an eye for this team.

Thirded. I don't think he should be playing, but I'm not happy that he's not playing, either. I'm sad for him, but hopeful for the Lindgrens and Hajeks.

Rangers twitter is filled with...whatever trash the rest of twitter is filled with.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirded. I don't think he should be playing, but I'm not happy that he's not playing, either. I'm sad for him, but hopeful for the Lindgrens and Hajeks.

Rangers twitter is filled with...whatever trash the rest of twitter is filled with.

We're old. They don't even remember Tom Renney.

Staal has been a pros pro on and off the ice and is everything you’d want in a player in terms of makeup and attitude. I never like the idea of a guy getting paid for past performance when he’s clearly declined, but if anyone has earned the right to get paid for above his worth, it’s that guy. He’s been leaving bits and pieces of himself on the ice for himself for more than a decade.

I actually think Staal should be angry about not playing. It's basically an insult to him it seems, and it could possibly spark him to play with more intensity. If I got sat after 14 years of veteran play, I would take it as I'm sucking badly. No doubt, the guy's given basically it ALL for this franchise, and that taken into severe consideration, I hope he uses this "benching" as some incentive spark to get back at it with a vengeance.

These new rookie defenseman can learn a ton from Staal, and I'm hoping he serves as a good example of how to respond from these types of situations.

....Because Skjei may very well be the next one picking splinters out of his ass! ...and possibly for a while!

I actually think Staal should be angry about not playing. It's basically an insult to him it seems, and it could possibly spark him to play with more intensity. If I got sat after 14 years of veteran play, I would take it as I'm sucking badly. No doubt, the guy's given basically it ALL for this franchise, and that taken into severe consideration, I hope he uses this "benching" as some incentive spark to get back at it with a vengeance.

These new rookie defenseman can learn a ton from Staal, and I'm hoping he serves as a good example of how to respond from these types of situations.

....Because Skjei may very well be the next one picking splinters out of his ass! ...and possibly for a while!

Ehh. He's not suddenly going to turn back time. This is what happens at the end of a long career. He'll play again and probably play a vast majority of games this season but he's not going to suddenly become 10 years younger.

Good. He should be mad. He's not entitled to that spot and he didn't do enough to earn it.

And yeah, it sucks. He's been a Ranger for 15 years now. He's only known this life in the NHL. He's been a fucking beast for us and it's brutal to have hit this point. As rough as he's been, we all feel for him, even though it's the right move.

Hope he shows the strength to come off an emotional hit like this and play hard.

Ehh. He's not suddenly going to turn back time. This is what happens at the end of a long career. He'll play again and probably play a vast majority of games this season but he's not going to suddenly become 10 years younger.

Staal has some traits that can adapt well to today's game. He's not a poor passer, he has good range of motion with his stick, and if he's positionally sound he can cover a lot of ice. If he gets back to being in the right spot, playing a little more conservatively? He could be a passable 5-6. He's never going to be worth his deal anymore, but that's to be expected.

its a league of "what have you done for me lately". Remember how Mess didn't want to retire and the organization kept playing him? Staal should agree to move on.

I?m sure he will get plenty of games in this season and beyond. He?s 32, not 38.. he?s not going anywhere until that contract expires.

Him sitting is not the end of the world or his career - he hasn?t been good to start the season and I?m glad quinn has the balls to play guys based on merit rather than tenure. why do rangers fans always act like the world is ending anytime something happens? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk