• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

People don't realize that a Hank buyout or trade doesn't really save that much on the cap, because you still need to sign Geo.

It's not like you get $8.5 million on your cap....The only way that happens is retiring.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't realize that a Hank buyout or trade doesn't really save that much on the cap, because you still need to sign Geo.

It's not like you get $8.5 million on your cap....The only way that happens is retiring.

Or agreeing to a trade. That'll save 4.25M with no further consequences.

Yeah, it's going to be one more year of crappy finances before I feel they can really move forward with some big moves to take that next step. I just really don't want Lundqvist on the team anymore. His skills are deteriorating badly, his mind is just not with the team anymore and they only play him because they absolutely have to now. He needs a change of scenery in the worst way. Georgiev being a casualty of that bothers me.

I know you already know this, but the bolded statement you said above here is the same exact reason a lot of us were against signing Kreider long term. We're going to have younger players ready to crack the lineup who are going to be impact players on this team and I can just see Kreider is going to have that 6.5 million tagging the cap for another year or two left that blocks some kid we really need or want.

Either way though, there's no way around it...we're going to have to suck up next season due to the past moves they made.

The positive is that they have some goaltending depth in the organization which makes losing him a little less frustrating. The Kreider contract is actually fine and reasonable. The Lundqvist, Staal, Girardi and Shattenkirk ones that preceded it are not, and will continue to kill this team for at least another year.

There supposed to re-evaluate Monday, I think he's good to go as soon as he can handle pain level.

I got drilled in a lot of places that stung. Shots to the head, space between pants and goal pads, hands, neck, shoulder, but what I can't remember is anything that affected my ribs/chest. Your padding there really absorbs the puck as it typically sits a few inches of your actual body. I can't remember ever feeling one in that spot.

We'll see I guess.

There supposed to re-evaluate Monday, I think he's good to go as soon as he can handle pain level.

I got drilled in a lot of places that stung. Shots to the head, space between pants and goal pads, hands, neck, shoulder, but what I can't remember is anything that affected my ribs/chest. Your padding there really absorbs the puck as it typically sits a few inches of your actual body. I can't remember ever feeling one in that spot.

We'll see I guess.

The problem with broken ribs is mobility. I played with broken ribs on the mend for a stretch, and I had no problem playing physical, going into corners etc. The problem is you move a certain way and get this shot of pain, almost like a split second paralysis. That's manageable for a skater if you have to play, but probably very shit for a goaltender.

The problem with broken ribs is mobility. I played with broken ribs on the mend for a stretch, and I had no problem playing physical, going into corners etc. The problem is you move a certain way and get this shot of pain, almost like a split second paralysis. That's manageable for a skater if you have to play, but probably very shit for a goaltender.

Yeah, that's more of what I was referring too with the pain management.

We'll see I guess.

Dead on accurate, Gravy! He's right on the money here, Dunny. You move or twist the wrong way and you feel that shooting pain shit in your toes!! It shoots through your body like a bolt of lightning. It's not even the puck that hits him in the chest, I think of what happens if he gets run into, or slides too awkwardly laterally to make a save?

I don't think there's any reason to rush him back. Georgiev gives the Rangers a good enough chance to win these games if they play well in front of him.

I saw an article in the Post that said Shesterkin is on the fast track to perhaps returning? That would be amazing to get him back so soon, even if it's for the last 8-10 games of the season, that can make a huge difference between playoffs or not.

Read up in this thread.

He?s been training for some days now, taking shots both low and high. There are some questions about how the injury can effect his play, but if he?s been 100% fine in training he could be back as soon as next game. He?s listed as day-to-day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Read up in this thread.

He’s been training for some days now, taking shots both low and high. There are some questions about how the injury can effect his play, but if he’s been 100% fine in training he could be back as soon as next game. He’s listed as day-to-day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's pretty sweet. I thought it was safe to assume he'd be done for the rest of the season, non-displaced fracture not withstanding. That's great news.

Seems premature if the guy had a broken rib from a car wreck. The devils are garbage, I don’t see the point of this.

I dont know. Devils vs Rangers can always go either way. Its a game we have to win if we want to talk about playoffs and with Georgiev and Hank's recent performances, Im fine with them going with the best goalie.

If he says he's fine, the doctor says he's fine and he's been training normally the last days there is no reason to not start him.