• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers vs. Flyers Preseason Game #5 ? 9/26/19 ? 7pm, MSG

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lias has certainly been the best of the three but man certainly disappointed in Chytil and Howden so far.

Same. I thought one of them would grab the 2nd line center and right now I'm not sure either one would make the team if they were deeper at center. Howden might make it by default which obviously isn't ideal.

This is why he makes this team.

Btw, not a popular thing to say but Kakko to me seems mature and smart but he isn’t exactly looking elite this preseason to me

He's looked great on the PP but not super noticeable 5v5. But that said, Rangers haven't looked good 5v5 all preseason. Not much sustained pressure, cycling, etc.

Nobody:

Josh every 2 weeks:

“Kreider - Zib - Buch (last season)

Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov (Russians, young guys, Panarin can carry the line)

Strome/Andersson/Kakko (Depth scoring, good mix of skill and annoyance)

Lemieux - Howden - Fast/Boo (havoc line)” !!!!

He's looked great on the PP but not super noticeable 5v5. But that said, Rangers haven't looked good 5v5 all preseason. Not much sustained pressure, cycling, etc.

5v5 is where I was hoping he would seem noticeable. That?s a lot better measure of where his game is tbh

It's preseason for the refs, too!
Sam and Joe were saying the same. I don?t think it?s exciting, but I?ve seen worse. A lot of whistles and slowed down play (long faceoffs)
Has there been a single faceoff where someone wasn't thrown out? As Sam said, "DROP THE PUCK!"