• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Agree To Terms With G Igor Shesterkin and F Vitali Kravtsov

Blue Heaven

He gave an interview last week saying he would play in hartford, but I'm sure he doesn't want it to be long term.

I guess the clause is if he shits the bed and stays in hartford for a long period. He sounds commited, so I dont think it will be a problem.

Georgie is probably gone before next season tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Shestyorkin, selected 118th overall, will presumably compete with Alex Georgiev to become Henrik Lundqvist’s understudy. Georgiev is waiver-exempt and is eligible to be sent to the Wolf Pack if the need were to arise..."

LOL understudy. Fuck off. Get rid of this boat anchor.

Georgiev is about to get the shaft.

In any case, this is big time news for the Rangers. It feels like this last season was purely a place holder for next season. There is a mess to be cleaned up on the back end but the forward group and the goaltending mix is really exciting.

Kinda feel bad for him. But I think we can move him to a team that needs Goalie depth. I think he's proven he belongs in the NHL. Someone will recognize that.

In terms of the mess on defense, yeah it's pretty messy right now. But between Miller, Lundkvist, Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek and even lower ranked guys like Nico Gross and Joey Keane, I think we are looking promising on the back end. Skjei and DeAngelo will stick around, after that I don't think anyone on the roster now is in the long term plans (although with Staal, Shattenkirk and Smith's contracts being pretty much unmovable who knows)

Georgiev was most likely a goner sometime next season anyway bc of the expansion draft.

Rangers can only protect 1 goalie, and it has to be Lundqvist b/c of the NMC, Shestyorkin would be exempt; so the Rangers would have to leave Georgiev unprotected and if he performed like he did this season it would be a forgone conclusion he would be selected unless the Rangers would do some sort of deal that Seattle would not choose him but that would seem stupid on the Rangers part to give up an asset when they can gain an asset to trade Georgiev.

IMO the most likely scenerio is Shestyorkin kills it in Hartford for a month, Georgiev/Lundqvist split time, if Georgiev does well he will be traded to a team that needs a goalie, Shestyorkin gets called up.

Georgiev was most likely a goner sometime next season anyway bc of the expansion draft.

Rangers can only protect 1 goalie, and it has to be Lundqvist b/c of the NMC, Shestyorkin would be exempt; so the Rangers would have to leave Georgiev unprotected and if he performed like he did this season it would be a forgone conclusion he would be selected unless the Rangers would do some sort of deal that Seattle would not choose him but that would seem stupid on the Rangers part to give up an asset when they can gain an asset to trade Georgiev.

IMO the most likely scenerio is Shestyorkin kills it in Hartford for a month, Georgiev/Lundqvist split time, if Georgiev does well he will be traded to a team that needs a goalie, Shestyorkin gets called up.

Expansion draft isn't for another 2 years from now. Although maybe in two years, Henrik agrees to waive, and goes on a Fluery-esque run

FOr some reason, I had it in my mind that if Shestyorkin played next season, he would have to be protected...

Georgiev belongs in the NHL. He played very well behind a team with awful defense and abysmal possession numbers. Statistically speaking, they were arguably the leagues worst or second to worst team this year. Honestly the fact that they finished with 78 points is at least a little baffling when you go by their possession numbers, and the numbers on their possession quality and the like. Really got bailed out by goaltending so often

Can only protect 1 goalie

sorry, I should have said "thought he would be exposed" therefore needing to be protected. But Lundqvist contract will be done at that point, unless he signed an extension.

Looked it up on capfriendly

First & Second Year Pros

All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

I was under the impression that players were expansion draft eligible after 2 seasons, but I was wrong.

I think we'd all sign up for this. Unless u can move Hankie to a team that has a run in them.

What are the odds on Hank eventually agreeing to a deal some time in the next 2 seasons?

I couldn?t see it happening at any point before this deadline, and I think that?s a long shot. I don?t imagine he?d want to be away from his kids for a year and change.

What are the odds on Hank eventually agreeing to a deal some time in the next 2 seasons?

I couldn’t see it happening at any point before this deadline, and I think that’s a long shot. I don’t imagine he’d want to be away from his kids for a year and change.

low

very low

I never thought I’d see the day when we’re trying to get rid of Hank

It’s certainly tricky and the expansion draft doesn’t help things. But I’m sure Gorton has a plan and isn’t just moving forward blindly.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Its just the fans, really. And some fans have been saying it from day 1.

Georgiev belongs in the NHL. He played very well behind a team with awful defense and abysmal possession numbers. Statistically speaking, they were arguably the leagues worst or second to worst team this year. Honestly the fact that they finished with 78 points is at least a little baffling when you go by their possession numbers, and the numbers on their possession quality and the like. Really got bailed out by goaltending so often

Agree with all of this.

But just for perspective, Henrik's numbers were better 5v5. For all the shit he gets, he had a better 5v5 SV% than Fleury, Bobrovsky, Crawford and a bunch of other guys, and, to your point, he wasn't exactly playing behind the 90s Devils.

I think Hank has high level to elite play left in him behind the right team. And while I don’t think he’d fetch an unbelievable return and they would surely have to retain/take back some salary, he’d probably net us a fair to good package in return.

We would need to eat a big chunk of that salary

I think Hank has high level to elite play left in him behind the right team. And while I don’t think he’d fetch an unbelievable return and they would surely have to retain/take back some salary, he’d probably net us a fair to good package in return.

If this didn't happen last season or at this trade deadline, it's safe to assume it's not going to happen. Hank is staying until his contract runs out.

If this didn't happen last season or at this trade deadline, it's safe to assume it's not going to happen. Hank is staying until his contract runs out.

I don’t necessarily agree with that. Granted, he may stick to his guns on what he has already said that he’ll never ok a trade. But maybe he has a change of heart as there is less time left on his deal.

I still think it’s a long shot. Certainly not happening this year.

But maybe next summer or at the deadline in February of 21, it’s possible

Archived