• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call D John Gilmour, F Vinni Lettieri

Phil

I like what they are doing for Gilmour. Here is a guy who has no future in this organization, especially given that they already have an oversupply of D-men of his ilk and he is a UFA. So they are giving him some deserved NHL time as a send off. That makes an impression on other players and promotes the perception that this is a class organization that treats its players well.

I don’t really get the hate this guy is getting. He isn’t the next Bobby Orr, but I’d rather see him in the team than Pionk at this point.

He is Pionk but with less defensive ability (unbelievable right?) and with less offensive ability.

He is Pionk but with less defensive ability (unbelievable right?) and with less offensive ability.

I’m not sure that’s true. He went close to a ppg clip on a dreadful Wolfpack team.

He’s a better skater than Pionk. I haven’t watched him enough to say who is less bad defensively, but I know for a fact Pionk is aids in his own zone.

I just don’t know why people get after him so much. Neither of them should be part of the future anyway.

Gilmour is the worst defenseman I've seen play professional hockey.

That said, last night might have been the best performance, defensively, I've ever seen from him. (Granted, it was against AHL players)

There will be games where he's not in position the entire time. He gets points from completely abandoning his point and cherry picking. He also might be one of the dumbest players I've seen play. Some of the choices he makes... my god.

Gravesy, give it time. After one of these games you'll struggle to pick your jaw off the ground from how in shock you are that a guy like this could play on the Rangers.

It?s already on the floor from watching a season of Pionk tbh

The predominate impression of Gilmour last year was that he really should be playing forward. 20 goals in not a full season for a defenseman in the low scoring AHL is unusual and should at least get him in an NHL camp on a tryout basis. Beyond that, he has Europe written all over him. One NHL paycheck makes a big difference for a guy on a two way.

Right. It never works.

Greschner was a solid center for some years after being converted. Red Kelly was of course very successful. More recently, Brenda Smith became an all star after being converted to a forward, right?

Greschner was a solid center for some years after being converted. Red Kelly was of course very successful. More recently, Brenda Smith became an all star after being converted to a forward, right?

John Scott was converted to forward and became an all star

Archived