• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals // Drown in the Swamp

Phil

Stop getting useless points!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This.

I didn't see the twitter handle so I can't go looking for it to post the source but a coworker showed me a tweet he found that said the Rangers would be in dead last place if not for all of the "loser points" they accumulated this season. I didn't check the math but it wouldn't surprise me if its true.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This.

I didn't see the twitter handle so I can't go looking for it to post the source but a coworker showed me a tweet he found that said the Rangers would be in dead last place if not for all of the "loser points" they accumulated this season. I didn't check the math but it wouldn't surprise me if its true.

It is not true. They would be 2nd to last, and that's only assuming you take the loser point from the Rangers and not the other teams. Most of them only have 2-3 fewer loser points, so it's not a big difference if there was no loser point.

It is not true. They would be 2nd to last, and that's only assuming you take the loser point from the Rangers and not the other teams. Most of them only have 2-3 fewer loser points, so it's not a big difference if there was no loser point.

Did you do the math on that? Not saying I do not believe you, as I said I have no idea what the source was so its a tweet I would have taken with a grain of salt regardless.

And with it being a penalty thought there was no review, because penalty shots empty net breakaways it's the penalty like him throwing his stick that's a penalty and therefore goal, just toronto calling on a penalty is new

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And with it being a penalty thought there was no review, because penalty shots empty net breakaways it's the penalty like him throwing his stick that's a penalty and therefore goal, just toronto calling on a penalty is new

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It?s not a penalty. It?s a play that determines whether or not a goal is scored.

Not sure if that’s a good thing. Lol

It's definitely a good thing.

The Rangers now have 2 very good, young goaltenders. We'll see what happens when Shesty comes over, but either they have an excellent young goaltending tandem to replace Lundqvist, or they have a good trading chip in one of the 2 goalies.

It's definitely a good thing.

The Rangers now have 2 very good, young goaltenders. We'll see what happens when Shesty comes over, but either they have an excellent young goaltending tandem to replace Lundqvist, or they have a good trading chip in one of the 2 goalies.

Errr.. I'd maybe hold up on that.

The GA I can live with considering the back end, but the save % at this level has to be better. Just my feelings.

Mine, too. I think Hank has been generally bad besides his early stretch where he was good. That was a long time ago.

Georgiev copes with the pace just fine and moves well but the kid is guessing a lot, as evidenced by the Hagelin goal.

Interesting prospect but I really think he's in Hartford next year.

Mine, too. I think Hank has been generally bad besides his early stretch where he was good. That was a long time ago.

Georgiev copes with the pace just fine and moves well but the kid is guessing a lot, as evidenced by the Hagelin goal.

Interesting prospect but I really think he's in Hartford next year.

Agree 100%. I can see that happening last year with the nerves, but he’s had time to address better patience.

Errr.. I'd maybe hold up on that.

On what? I'm not saying we've got Vlad Tretjak on our hands. But he's 23, and has already shown he's capable of a backup role. If he keeps developing he has value, either for the Rangers or as a trading chip. I don't think that's over cooking where he is at the moment?

I think he's proven that's he's in the mix for when the old man finally fucks off. He'll be part of the Shesty/Georgiev/Wall/Lindbom group that should be shuffled fairly vigorously in the next five years.

Going forward, I don't want any one goalie labeled as the starter or the back up, I just want the guy in best form starting games.

He's definitely proven himself to some extent and has value but I don't see how he's not in Hartford next year if Shesty comes over and I don't want to move him until we have to as it's such a fickle position.

I think he's proven that's he's in the mix for when the old man finally fucks off. He'll be part of the Shesty/Georgiev/Wall/Lindbom group that should be shuffled fairly vigorously in the next five years.

Going forward, I don't want any one goalie labeled as the starter or the back up, I just want the guy in best form starting games.

He's definitely proven himself to some extent and has value but I don't see how he's not in Hartford next year if Shesty comes over and I don't want to move him until we have to as it's such a fickle position.

This rarely works. As they say, if you have two goalies, you don't have one.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what the hell they do with all these goalies in the next year or two. Is Hank really going to take a back seat? Will he resign to be a backup or would he rather retire? Whatever they do, I hope they're not planning on spending another 7-10 million on a goalie any time soon.

I wouldn't say that. They may want to give Shesty a month or two in Hartford to get consistent starts. If Hank sticks to his word and stays, Georgiev will probably have to be exposed in the expansion draft.

I wouldn't say that. They may want to give Shesty a month or two in Hartford to get consistent starts. If Hank sticks to his word and stays, Georgiev will probably have to be exposed in the expansion draft.

I would say Georgiev would not be picked in the expansion draft.

I just didn't know toronto could call down anytime, the refs decided accident. I havent seen it before, I didn't know they could do anything

Yeah, no doubt. They can. That's why they mentioned the horn on the broadcast. When the arena horn sounds, it means Toronto has something to say.

A lot of variables, but unless the Rangers sign a bunch of FA's the next 2 summers Georgiev will be by far the best player they expose.

Bold, hope it’s not true. Also, we’d have to see what other goalies will be exposed, because he’d have to be top 4 on a decent sized list. I’m not taking a goalie because he’s a team’s best available player if I have 2-3 other goalies on my list.

I agree, but I’m not sure what I said contradicts any of that.

Archived