• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Cody McLeod to NSH for 2020 7th Round Pick

Phil

He had a much better second half with the Rangers than he did the first. Much of the hate he got was as a direct result of watching Staal and Vesey get concussed in that Nashville game in which he did nothing about it.

yeah I remember absolutely fuming during that game. I think I wished serious injury on a lot of preds players that game lol

For sure, just that the hate he got seemed way too harsh for a guy who doesn't deserve the hate.

I don't think anybody hates him, he's just bad.

A lot of criticism or whatever towards him was also a response to the fact that he'd be in the playoff lineup over Buch, too.

Don't worry, he's a UFA and we can always resign him on July 1!

Definitely pick a goalie from Sweden with that 7th Round pick...

We have seen stranger things happen with another certain goaltender in 2000. Let's see what Gorton has up his sleeve...

In 56 games with the Rangers, he was on the ice for a total of 6 goals for and 27 against. -21 is one thing. Being on ice for goals against at a factor for 4.5 to 1 over goals for is another and quite a remarkable stat. A guy can have character, and a guy can be willing to fight (except in the often referenced incident when it was needed the most), but he's got to be able to play in this league these days.

Archived