• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

RS] (#31) Rangers vs. Arizona Coyotes // The Hobbit: Hurt and Back Again

Drew a Penalty

They are picking up points because the entire league sucks. The team is trying and anyone who cares about the long term health of this team who would want otherwise is a fool. If they finish last so be it. As long as player transactions are made only with the future in mind I have nothing to complain about. If they stay competitive and finish 9th anyway then oh well. Quinn is proving to be a solid choice and developing players in the atmosphere some are begging for here will only develop what you sow. If losers is what you want then tank. Losing games is fine as long as the effort and process for winning is there. There is a huge difference. Teams take years to recover and reset after so called tanking. I don?t get the attitude of rooting for a team to quit.

Thank you at least someone has brains on this board. As a Rangers fan I live in Arizona and year after year have seen the "TANKING" of the Coyotes happen for a "BETTER DRAFT PICK". It has not helped since they last made the playoffs and this team has been and will struggle for years. There is no winning mentality on the Coyotes and Tochet is just a pawn for them to say we are trying. There high drafts picks year after year have not helped and they just traded the 2014 & 2015 #1 pick. Tanking WILL always promote a loosing environment. I have never seen a board with "so called Ranger fans" that root for there team to loose.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you at least someone has brains on this board. As a Rangers fan I live in Arizona and year after year have seen the "TANKING" of the Coyotes happen for a "BETTER DRAFT PICK". It has not helped since they last made the playoffs and this team has been and will struggle for years. There is no winning mentality on the Coyotes and Tochet is just a pawn for them to say we are trying. There high drafts picks year after year have not helped and they just traded the 2014 & 2015 #1 pick. Tanking WILL always promote a loosing environment. I have never seen a board with "so called Ranger fans" that root for there team to loose.

The Coyotes are not the Rangers. The Coyotes can't even afford to spend to the cap floor without picking up retired players' contracts. They'll never be able to land a high profile player via free agency. Honestly, they shouldn't even exist. Being afraid of rebuilding because of what's happening in Arizona is preposterous.

The Coyotes also haven’t really “tanked.” They’ve attempted to be competive multiple times and just failed because of incompetence which explains why they never actually have a top pick. When have they picked first overall? Never. Combine with the actual ineptitude of their scouting staff and of course they’re going to be bad. They’re so bad that they can’t even be bad well.

I

They are picking up because the point system sucks. The Rangers have the least amount of wins the the league -- they too, suck.

No one is complaining about effort, in fact I think most are happy with the direction of things. But to think finishing 9th is a positive result this season, is to be mistaken. Finishing 9th does nothing other than waste a year. In order for this year to be a success, the young players must progress throughout the year and team must finish low enough to draft a (hopefully) generational talent. If the Rangers can pull in 3 more 1st round picks this year -- which I don't see why they can't -- the rebuild is in a very good position.

The things you've mentioned are true. Quinn seems to be the right choice. The atmosphere around the team is a positive one. We love all of that. But this team is not a playoff team. We already know that. This team is pretty far away from contending. We know that. The only way to fix that is to draft high, draft often, and draft well. I think one more draft is enough to start us thinking about building rather than tearing down.

Yeah you?re happy with the effort and all the things I point out yet you want to lose every game possible. So in reality how does that happen? How does an organization lose more than their roster and players effort allows? It?s trying to lose. It?s quitting. It?s sending a message organization wide that what the goal is here is losing. You and others want that to be the message? It sure seems that way.

The Coyotes also haven’t really “tanked.” They’ve attempted to be competive multiple times and just failed because of incompetence which explains why they never actually have a top pick. When have they picked first overall? Never. Combine with the actual ineptitude of their scouting staff and of course they’re going to be bad. They’re so bad that they can’t even be bad well.

They haven’t picked first because they lost out by ping pong balls. They have had the worst record before. Could you imagine if the rangers finished last then had to pick fourth? The conspiracy theories would fly around here for decades.

I’m all for a rebuild. However I’m all against trying to lose. These players are professionals and frankly they could give a shit about your need for a last place finish. As it should be. They may finish there regardless but not because they are tanking their careers. I understand the “reward” of picking first and it will be exciting if it happened. Let it happen organically. Make your trades for the future but by all means the players here need to be put in the best place to try and win.

They haven’t picked first because they lost out by ping pong balls. They have had the worst record before. Could you imagine if the rangers finished last then had to pick fourth? The conspiracy theories would fly around here for decades.

I’m all for a rebuild. However I’m all against trying to lose. These players are professionals and frankly they could give a shit about your need for a last place finish. As it should be. They may finish there regardless but not because they are tanking their careers. I understand the “reward” of picking first and it will be exciting if it happened. Let it happen organically. Make your trades for the future but by all means the players here need to be put in the best place to try and win.

2004-05 Draft? One of the worst times to be a NYR fan. Missed the playoffs 7 straight years, bottom feeders of the NHL. Lost the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes and ended up picking 11th. Supposedly the draft was weighted from the previous 3 seasons averages. Rangers, Pens, Sabres, Blue Jackets had the most ping pong balls (3 each).

I

Yeah you’re happy with the effort and all the things I point out yet you want to lose every game possible. So in reality how does that happen? How does an organization lose more than their roster and players effort allows? It’s trying to lose. It’s quitting. It’s sending a message organization wide that what the goal is here is losing. You and others want that to be the message? It sure seems that way.

It happens by looking for trades sooner rather than later. There is no need to wait until February to send guys elsewhere. We already know Hayes and Zucc are going to be traded. Trade them. Retain money and move them elsewhere.

Other than that there’s nothing you can do. If the team continues to scrape single points here and there it’ll be a frustrating season.

It happens by looking for trades sooner rather than later. There is no need to wait until February to send guys elsewhere. We already know Hayes and Zucc are going to be traded. Trade them. Retain money and move them elsewhere.

Other than that there’s nothing you can do. If the team continues to scrape single points here and there it’ll be a frustrating season.

There may not be a bidding war right now. Teams don't know right now if or who they should be trading for.

Hank coming back down to reality and this is what you get

Are you discrediting the effort he made last night? You can only blame him for one goal where he was deep in net, and the rest were mainly screens. Stop blaming Him for the fault of our terrible backchecking forwards not doing their jobs.

There may not be a bidding war right now. Teams don't know right now if or who they should be trading for.

That’s possible. I’m not saying it’s the be-all solution that must be done but that is a way to ensure the team plummets while still maintaining a positive season.

The longer they hang on, the more our chances at a lottery pick decline.

Right. If a deal comes up that makes sense then do it. When is the bigger haul, now or deadline? There is no way any of us here can comment on that. The only thing we know is that the trade market is none existent right now being there are zero trades being made. I fully agree that zucc has to be moved and a decision on Hayes has to be made either kick him up or trade him there is no other option.

That’s possible. I’m not saying it’s the be-all solution that must be done but that is a way to ensure the team plummets while still maintaining a positive season.

The longer they hang on, the more our chances at a lottery pick decline.

Selling low isn’t helping the rebuild

FWIW, last I looked they took it to the NYR @MSG last nite in a back to back no less.

We need some definite soul-searching right now after losing to a team we needed to beat! Who do you want on our garbage defense that needs to be traded after this loss tonight! Ruff has to go

Was Ruff playing last nite? Didn't see him on the ice. Must've been benched. WTH has happened to #76 I ask ya? And, #42... and #22.

Not sure who?s talking about selling low.

Well what?s your complaint? You do want to trade them now so it weakens the team,right? Does it matter that the market maybe weak yet? Maybe I?m taking everything to literal. I guess it?s just venting to frustration. Believe me I understand that.

Archived