• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers at Florida Panthers // Oh, Right – Hockey

Phil

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does on this roster.

I don't think he's going to light the world on fire, but it's not like there's some obvious alternative they should have picked after the 7 spot. They're all pretty blah after him.

If Pettersson fell to them or they were able to move up like they intended I think we view that entire draft so much differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Really dislike the one hand on the stick thing; something average teens get over very quickly. Gotta be ready when the puck get anywhere near you, that is not ready.Simply don't get it. Despite all the World Junior piss&vinegar he has shown nothing here. You can see Chytil and Buch, while they may not be there yet, get it. Don't see that in Anderson.

I don?t think Buch will ever be a special player. He?s Anisimov if Anisimov played wing.

That draft year was really garbage.

Imagine draft Nico Hischier 1st overall or Nolan Patrick 2nd. lol. I'd feel pretty ripped off.

Agreed. Even worse would be the Devils drafting...2 top 6 picks over the last four years and they have Hischier and Zacha to show for it.

Good point.

2012: Stefan Matteau (29) Awful

2013: Traded pick (9) for Corey Schneider (Bo Horvat)

2014: John Quenville (30) Swing and a miss

2015: Pavel Zacha (6) LOL

2016: Michael McCleod (12) LOL

2017: Nico Hischier (1) OK, I guess.

2018: Ty Smith (17) Maybe, but I doubt it

He was right in doing so. The first period they totally outplayed FL, then they came out for the second a step slower and letting FL build some confidence/momentum whatever. It was noticable. Although Hank made a couple of timely saves, I don't think he gave them a "chance to win" but rather a chance to lose during the course of the game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He was right in doing so. The first period they totally outplayed FL, then they came out for the second a step slower and letting FL build some confidence/momentum whatever. It was noticable. Although Hank made a couple of timely saves, I don't think he gave them a "chance to win" but rather a chance to lose during the course of the game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’ve been calling them out for their blown leads all season. I was glad to see that he’s not accepting it, or writing it off as young guys or a rebuilding squad.

Also like that he called them out on their lack of forecheck. (Laziness). Like the accountability

Rangers have 9 ROW. Tied for dead last in the league. It's insane they're still in the mix. They have no business having as many points as they do.

I don't think you can take one column out of the standings and use it as the end all be all. They have blown several leads in the 3rd period only to win them in OT. If they start to do a better job resisting a team's full offensive onslaught as they look to try and tie the game, perhaps their ROW increases from the amount of 3rd period leads they seem to have. You could make an argument that their ROW should be higher given the leads they have had, and it has yet to normalize (i.e., more ROW coming).

Rangers have 9 ROW. Tied for dead last in the league. It's insane they're still in the mix. They have no business having as many points as they do.

Amazing what effort, good character and a good system can do. Credit Quinn and Gorton/Drury who hired him and brought in some good character players, including the kids.

Of course they are blowing leads, they are not as good as many of the teams they were leading. Talent and effort from the opposition can not always be neutralized. This year we had to learn how to play good hockey. Next year we learn how to win.

Amazing what effort, good character and a good system can do. Credit Quinn and Gorton/Drury who hired him and brought in some good character players, including the kids.

Of course they are blowing leads, they are not as good as many of the teams they were leading. Talent and effort from the opposition can not always be neutralized. This year we had to learn how to play good hockey. Next year we learn how to win.

Amazing what good goaltending can do. Which is keep a bad team in games they don't belong being kept in.

They're tied for last in ROW, have the 29th worst corsi, and the 24th-best GF/GP.

They. Are. Not. Good.

I'm starting to agree.

It is way too early to tell, but many of the 2017 kids are projecting very nicely. The draft may not have had the best top 2, but it is strong into the 2nd round. Here's some who are impressing:

3. Heiskanen - would not trade for Karlsson

4. Makar - same, love him

5. Petersson - should have been #1

6. Glass - 2 PPG

8. Mittlestadt - great last year, lots of potential

9. Rasmussan - impressing Detroit

10. Tippett - impressive winger, projects top line

13. Suzuki - killing it

14. Foote - Tampa believes he's a sure top 4

15. Brannstrom - leading sweede dman, vegas super pleased

16. Valimaki - already made Calgary

19. Norris - their best prospect

20. Thomas - already a blue regular

21. Chytil - the next Peter Statsny

22. Yamamato - made Edm already

24. Veselainen - top Jet prospect

27. Frost - looking like a star

29. Jokiharju - staple in Blackhawk D

30. Tolvanan - scoring demon

31. Kostin - another well-thought of Blue's prospect

2nd rounders

Timmons

Hague'

Heponeimi

Samberg

Formenton

Comtois

It is way too early to tell, but many of the 2017 kids are projecting very nicely. The draft may not have had the best top 2, but it is strong into the 2nd round. Here's some who are impressing:

3. Heiskanen - would not trade for Karlsson

4. Makar - same, love him

5. Petersson - should have been #1

6. Glass - 2 PPG

8. Mittlestadt - great last year, lots of potential

9. Rasmussan - impressing Detroit

10. Tippett - impressive winger, projects top line

13. Suzuki - killing it

14. Foote - Tampa believes he's a sure top 4

15. Brannstrom - leading sweede dman, vegas super pleased

16. Valimaki - already made Calgary

19. Norris - their best prospect

20. Thomas - already a blue regular

21. Chytil - the next Peter Statsny

22. Yamamato - made Edm already

24. Veselainen - top Jet prospect

27. Frost - looking like a star

29. Jokiharju - staple in Blackhawk D

30. Tolvanan - scoring demon

31. Kostin - another well-thought of Blue's prospect

2nd rounders

Timmons

Hague'

Heponeimi

Samberg

Formenton

Comtois

And then Anderson.

Makar - still in college for a reason

Glass - I would hope he's pumping 16 yos at this point

Tippet - Why is he in junior

Suzuki - Killing it according to who? He's repeating the same level and his production hasn't budged

Yamamoto - See: Corey Conacher

Tolavanen - What?

I would agree that there's a whack of promising mid level D men in the middle of that round, that's about it.

Archived