• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It?s Time for Rangers to Speed Up This Season?s Fire Sale

There's no way a player who's never scored 30 goals or 50 points and has an injury history gets Kessel money.

He had 50+ points two seasons ago and would have been over 50 last year if not for the injury....but he doesn't really have an injury history, that was the only time he's missed any significant games, and it was a blood clot. It's not like he pulled his hamstring 5 times.

To your point though, I think $7m is too high, but he'll get close to it. Someone will give him, at least, 6x$6.5m if he goes UFA, especially if the cap goes up another $4-5m.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had 50+ points two seasons ago and would have been over 50 last year if not for the injury....but he doesn't really have an injury history, that was the only time he's missed any significant games, and it was a blood clot. It's not like he pulled his hamstring 5 times.

To your point though, I think $7m is too high, but he'll get close to it. Someone will give him, at least, 6x$6.5m if he goes UFA, especially if the cap goes up another $4-5m.

A clot is a serious injury with a likelihood of recurrence, which could also be career threatening.

No one is investing more in Krieder than JVR...

A clot is a serious injury with a likelihood of recurrence, which could also be career threatening.

No one is investing more in Krieder than JVR...

Yea but they fixed the root cause of Kreider's clot, IIRC that was a one-off.

I mean, JVR got 5x$7m. 6x$6.5m is another 1.5m and the cap might be up $10m by then.

Yea but they fixed the root cause of Kreider's clot, IIRC that was a one-off.

I mean, JVR got 5x$7m. 6x$6.5m is another 1.5m and the cap might be up $10m by then.

There's no risk of re-occurrence, that was the whole point of the surgery.

There's always a risk. But I'm not gonna drive that into the ground. Whatever the case, he's not a $7 million dollar player.

JVR has scored or paced in lockout years 30 goals multiple times. He scored 36 in his contract year. Kreider is not that guy.

Neal might be a better comparable.

I'd give Kreider 5 years @ 6 million.. Take it or leave it.

I've come to appreciate his game and I'd like him around for the kids.

I would like to see him play with Chytil, that speed through the NZ could kill teams.

However, I'd never expect more than 20/20=40 from him. So you have to live with that.

But he's the only Philosopher the Rangers have.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Who knows so much about nothing at all...rep if anyone gets this reference.

I feel like the amount of 40 goal scorers that are consistent each season can be counted on two hands at most. Kreider is a consistent 2nd liner, will he be needed given the state of our prospect pool/Free Agency?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived