• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It?s Time for Rangers to Speed Up This Season?s Fire Sale

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought you was talking about me first lol.

But I agree, he don't seem onboard with this whatsoever. He just says the oposite of what Quinn's saying all the time. This is hard, but............... zuc needs to be traded. At first I thought he could be a good "role model", kinda like what Hank says he's planning to do, but he just seems so off. Both on and off the ice, not committed at all. Trade him somewhere and bring the Stanley cup to Norway for the first time!

Edit: Hayes, Names, Spooner and some of the older D's should also be traded.

Edit 2: We could actually end up with 4 first rounders (maybe ask some teams for 2020 1st?). Our own, Hayes should fetch an 1st, Zuc the same and some package of other players could do that aswell. Throw in the potential Tampa 1st if they win the cup and this upcoming draft will be fuun.

Can you be specific to things he?s said? I?m out of the loop. I haven?t paid attention beyond on-ice play.

I think I'm on record as saying I think Hayes is gone by Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's sooner. I don't think they can get a 1st for him though. Likely an alright package of prospects and a 2nd. Or maybe they can get someone to take Staal with him while taking back garbage.

I could see Colorado maybe having interest in Namestnikov or Spooner as they can both play center or wing. I'd think they would want some versatility to mix and match moves going forward.

Zuc is the question though. What's he worth? Is his play taking a big hit on his already questionable value? What do you sell him as? He's not really noticable out there, but he's producing. Are teams looking for set up men from the wing? Is there a team with scoring potential that is floundering (besides the Rangers)?

And do you sell McQuaid now? He's probably the guy you keep till the deadline as his value should rise. But what if he gets injured? And, sadly, I think he stinks and I can't wait to see him go. I was expecting a bit more umph from him. He's very vanilla and isn't playing with any physical edge as I expected.

I think they get the most for Kreider or Vesey at this point. Vesey having that good start hopefully got teams interested. Sell high. Kreider looks disinterested and sullen. Kinda concerned that maybe he's the type of guy that may retire early. Maybe he's not into hockey anymore after his health issues last season. I just pulled that out of my ass and I don't know anything about how he feels. Just going by looks and his play.

This team needs help on the wing. Fast ain't cutting it. Vesey is likely going to fall back. Spooner is looking kinda lame. Namestnikov stinks. Hopefully they can get some wingers with some fire and energy. Young or mid prime. Or even a project player.

I wish they signed an energy player like Roussel instead of bringing back Mcleod. They need someone to set some kind of physical pace. I thought Kreider would lead the charge, but he hasn't.

Another wrinkle in all this is that the NHL is STRONGLY considering the addition of another team in Seattle. Doesn't this throw a monkey wrench into everyone's planning yet again? I mean with the protected player list v. unprotected list...I could see how 'expansion' influences early trades, later trades, etc.

I think its early for that. It's still 2 or 3 years away at the earliest. We're looking to trade a bunch of guys that will be free agents by then. Also have they said if the expansion draft process would be the same as Vegas? Or can the rules be different.

Another wrinkle in all this is that the NHL is STRONGLY considering the addition of another team in Seattle. Doesn't this throw a monkey wrench into everyone's planning yet again? I mean with the protected player list v. unprotected list...I could see how 'expansion' influences early trades, later trades, etc.

They can pick between McLeod, Letteiri and Staal.

I think its early for that. It's still 2 or 3 years away at the earliest. We're looking to trade a bunch of guys that will be free agents by then. Also have they said if the expansion draft process would be the same as Vegas? Or can the rules be different.

I don't think they've decided. Based on the initial success of Vegas, I'd bet it would be very similar.

Same expansion draft rules. Bettman was quoted saying that in an article in The Athletic. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Same expansion draft rules. Bettman was quoted saying that in an article in The Athletic. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Yea, I read that too.

I kind of think teams will be given a compliance buyout this time around, or something similar. The goal for Seattle to play is 20-21, that's twice in 4 years that teams could get hammered by that, and when contracts were signed in 2014, 2015, 2016, organizations couldn't have predicted that they'd have to deal with expansion, and these rules, twice.

Yea, I read that too.

I kind of think teams will be given a compliance buyout this time around, or something similar. The goal for Seattle to play is 20-21, that's twice in 4 years that teams could get hammered by that, and when contracts were signed in 2014, 2015, 2016, organizations couldn't have predicted that they'd have to deal with expansion, and these rules, twice.

Isn't the whole point to expose a high-salaried, under performing player? Why would teams need a compliance buyout when they're losing a contract and not taking anything back...?

In Quinns presser after the L.A. game, he was really pissed that Martinez skated right past the blue line. Nobody got in his lane or used their body to stop him. I looked back at that goal and it was Kreider who was stationary on the line and all he did was make a lame stick check that did nothing. So I could be wrong but Quinn seemed like he was directing his anger at Kreiders lack of effort on that play.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think I'm on record as saying I think Hayes is gone by Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's sooner. I don't think they can get a 1st for him though. Likely an alright package of prospects and a 2nd. Or maybe they can get someone to take Staal with him while taking back garbage.

I could see Colorado maybe having interest in Namestnikov or Spooner as they can both play center or wing. I'd think they would want some versatility to mix and match moves going forward.

Zuc is the question though. What's he worth? Is his play taking a big hit on his already questionable value? What do you sell him as? He's not really noticable out there, but he's producing. Are teams looking for set up men from the wing? Is there a team with scoring potential that is floundering (besides the Rangers)?

And do you sell McQuaid now? He's probably the guy you keep till the deadline as his value should rise. But what if he gets injured? And, sadly, I think he stinks and I can't wait to see him go. I was expecting a bit more umph from him. He's very vanilla and isn't playing with any physical edge as I expected.

I think they get the most for Kreider or Vesey at this point. Vesey having that good start hopefully got teams interested. Sell high. Kreider looks disinterested and sullen. Kinda concerned that maybe he's the type of guy that may retire early. Maybe he's not into hockey anymore after his health issues last season. I just pulled that out of my ass and I don't know anything about how he feels. Just going by looks and his play.

This team needs help on the wing. Fast ain't cutting it. Vesey is likely going to fall back. Spooner is looking kinda lame. Namestnikov stinks. Hopefully they can get some wingers with some fire and energy. Young or mid prime. Or even a project player.

I wish they signed an energy player like Roussel instead of bringing back Mcleod. They need someone to set some kind of physical pace. I thought Kreider would lead the charge, but he hasn't.

This cracked me up.

In Quinns presser after the L.A. game, he was really pissed that Martinez skated right past the blue line. Nobody got in his lane or used their body to stop him. I looked back at that goal and it was Kreider who was stationary on the line and all he did was make a lame stick check that did nothing. So I could be wrong but Quinn seemed like he was directing his anger at Kreiders lack of effort on that play.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There's lack of effort in everything Kreider does.

Isn't the whole point to expose a high-salaried, under performing player? Why would teams need a compliance buyout when they're losing a contract and not taking anything back...?
Because you're forced to protect people with NMC and NTC like Staal and Hank. If you could buy one of them out that gives you another slot to protect someone you actually want to keep.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Because you're forced to protect people with NMC and NTC like Staal and Hank. If you could buy one of them out that gives you another slot to protect someone you actually want to keep.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That'd be amnesty, not compliance though, right? Subtle but difference.

I have two reactions after reading this article. There is some tension between the two.

First, it is possible to go too far in a rebuild and make some big trades for the sake of making them. Many overhauls involve one too many trades. We grey beards are still haunted by November 1975, when the Park-Ratelle trade went too far and was a bad one for the Rangers. Don't just burn everything down.

Second, there is much to be said for making some player for player trades over the course of the season and not relying on the deadline. When you make your sales at the deadline, you are really limited to the eight or at most ten teams that are buyers then. They can trade with everyone now. Also, at the deadline, you are pretty much limited to draft picks, which will never be higher than the end of the first round, and iffy prospects. Moreover, what we are offering this year will not bring what Nash, McDonaugh and Miller did at the deadline last year.

In short, no burn down. People on the board are basically advocating unloading almost every player on the roster. However, several player-for-player trades prudently made between now and the June draft could work out nicely.

Ryan Hartman got a first for Chicago.

I think it?s pretty safe to say that Zucc yields a first too. If there?s a GM on the fence, we can toss back a later pick. Zucc + 3rd for someone?s 1st.

Jesper Fast might get you a late one, to be honest.

Archived