• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers at San Jose Sharks // U Up?

Phil

It's crazy that they think Chytil playing 8 ineffective minutes a night and burning an ELC year is the better option than letting him play 18 important minutes a night in Hartford and saving an entire ELC year.

This is simply bad roster management. It's almost as if his ineffectiveness caught them completely off guard.

Can you imagine an MLB team starting the service time clock on Ronald Acuna or Vladdy Jr and then giving them 5 AB's a week? It's absurd. That's exactly what's going on here.

WTF are they doing?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say....that was probably the most entertaining game I've seen the Rangers play in quite some time!

I loved the "in-your-face" forechecking. Every time SJ had the puck, the Rangers seemed to "Eli Manning" them. SJ had very little time to make a play and I don't think they connected on 3 passes in a row at any time during the game other than the PP's...especially on breakouts.

It obviously didn't go without it's flaws and it seems the same players are making mistakes. What in the fuck is Lettieri thinking, pinching in with 3 of his guys in front of him??? Is he that freakin' stupid? I'm glad Quinn tore him a new ass at the bench. What a dumb ass play.

Also...How long has Jesper Fast been an NHL player?? What is he doing making drop passes in the neutral zone with an empty net and a chance to clear the zone and get a line change?? What the hell was that?!?!?!?

I'm looking forward to see Thursday's effort.

By the way...I absolutely LOVE Howden's game. That's my boy!!!

Howden has been a nice surprise this season. Chytil looks good but has to start scoring at some point. Wonder if he gets sent down at any point

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chytil isn't doing anything wrong, he's even in the right spots at the right time...he just doesn't or hasn't scored. I like his effort and his game is pretty solid in the defensive zone, barring a few mishaps here and there, but overall he seems to "get it". I'm finding myself liking his progress and sure like watching him on a nightly basis. I hope they keep him up here and let him learn.

I think once he starts getting some confidence and finds the net a couple of times, we'll start to see some magic. I think this kid has a lot in him, Nashty....we shall see... ;)

What a game. Besides the aforementioned mistakes it was an excellent effort by the whole team. Kreider and Zucc delivered. Hayes had his best game of the year. Can they sustain that pace vs Ducks Thurs?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The best answer I can think of, Brownie is ..."They better!" This coach isn't settling for shit effort and it's clear that anyone can sit at any time on this squad.

How'd you like that 2 man forecheck all night, Brown?? Good shit right??? :thumbs: We didn't give them room to breathe last night....well, untill the last 3 minutes of the game...but whatever LOL

What a game. Besides the aforementioned mistakes it was an excellent effort by the whole team. Kreider and Zucc delivered. Hayes had his best game of the year. Can they sustain that pace vs Ducks Thurs?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It really was a great game. They outplayed the vaunted Sharks, again.

Good to see them get rewarded.

Me, too.

He got sat and has responded with max effort on almost every shift since. Production may never be what you'd like but I think he's a very classy, rounded player who can play up and down lineup.

Buchnevich should take notes.

Ifs and Buts..

If the Rangers had managed only a couple of lucky breaks in two of their losses that should obviously have been W's they'd be in 2nd place in the Metro this morning.

I really don't think this is tbe worst team in the league, if they are its only because there aren't really any awful teams.

It's probably also worth noting that Quinn's lineup and roster decisions, both in game and otherwise, point to a guy who isn't conceding anything.

He's not in a development mindset at this point he's a in a win some hockey games mindset.

It's probably also worth noting that Quinn's lineup and roster decisions, both in game and otherwise, point to a guy who isn't conceding anything.

He's not in a development mindset at this point he's a in a win some hockey games mindset.

He wouldn't be in the job long if he looked at it from a conceding approach. Fantasy board warriors (myself included) dream of the tank this year and the lotto balls falling the right way for Hughes but coaches never think about that. You preach a plan, be honest and get the players to buy in for the win. if you don't do that you wind up selling insurance.

I agree Dunny...I also think that Quinn realizes that a LOT of this team is going to be dealt off by the trade deadline. I'm expecting a lot of the "old Guard" to be sent packing for younger players or picks. So we'll have plenty of losing in us after we start packaging players later this season.

I'll tell you one thing though, my man...I'm liking Quinn's style of puck pressure. We made SJ look like shit on breakouts for much of the game last night.

I wanna see that again tomorrow night! :thumbs:

Howden and Vesey are everywhere.

Rangers played well, as did the Sharks. That was a very good game.

Your commentary last night/today was spot on. Starting with this one, which is a bit of good news and bad news. Although still early, chemistry needs to develop between some of the players, besides Zib/Kreids. So far, only Howden/Vesey.

Started the last preseason game. Their play together and excessive communicating on the bench, jumped out. Vesey is serious and he has found a good influence. It took a few games for Quinn to reunite, but now together they are creating golden opportunities and constant pressure. Their play appears very complimentary. If Vesey could finish more, he'd have double the goals. Their chemistry is so evident, coach now has the two PKing together.

A minute extra about #21. Howden is on another level defensively for his age. Does he make mistakes? He creates golden chances for anybody who can think the game as fast as he. Ozzy, you're eyes are still awesome. I agree with everything. This kid is going to be something, love him. The other night he handed Buch a free goal and then Fast. His teammates need to be on their toes, he creates plays leveraging the smallest advantages or openings.

You guys and others are both right about Names. He's getting acclimated and playing the way he was in Tampa. He is not a scorer, but he is a sneaky fast skater who can be dominant on rushes. It starts with solid defending and then consistent ability to initiate clean quick zone exits and entries.

Chytil is in all the right spots on O, but really what is he going to do with Lettieri and McLoud. It's a dump and chase, grit and effort line. Yet, awful on D. Both wingers were terrible defensively, and then Chytil screened Hank on one goal. His confidence is lacking currently. This 4th line is not going to help. Swap roles with Spoons and put Buch back in the lineup, even if on the 4th line.

Rangers played well, as did the Sharks. That was a very good game.

Your commentary last night/today was spot on. Starting with this one, which is a bit of good news and bad news. Although still early, chemistry needs to develop between some of the players, besides Zib/Kreids. So far, only Howden/Vesey.

Started the last preseason game. Their play together and excessive communicating on the bench, jumped out. Vesey is serious and he has found a good influence. It took a few games for Quinn to reunite, but now together they are creating golden opportunities and constant pressure. Their play appears very complimentary. If Vesey could finish more, he'd have double the goals. Their chemistry is so evident, coach now has the two PKing together.

A minute extra about #21. Howden is on another level defensively for his age. Does he make mistakes? He creates golden chances for anybody who can think the game as fast as he. Ozzy, you're eyes are still awesome. I agree with everything. This kid is going to be something, love him. The other night he handed Buch a free goal and then Fast. His teammates need to be on their toes, he creates plays leveraging the smallest advantages or openings.

You guys and others are both right about Names. He's getting acclimated and playing the way he was in Tampa. He is not a scorer, but he is a sneaky fast skater who can be dominant on rushes. It starts with solid defending and then consistent ability to initiate clean quick zone exits and entries.

Chytil is in all the right spots on O, but really what is he going to do with Lettieri and McLoud. It's a dump and chase, grit and effort line. Yet, awful on D. Both wingers were terrible defensively, and then Chytil screened Hank on one goal. His confidence is lacking currently. This 4th line is not going to help. Swap roles with Spoons and put Buch back in the lineup, even if on the 4th line.

I like your thinking G man! Absolutely!! I wanna see Buchnevich back in there. I accept that they're going to make rookie mistakes, but I wanna see them make them now and learn from them. Lettieri made a bad one last night and EVEN I learned from it, from the way Quinn roasted his ass at the bench!! Did you read Quinn's lips???

Watch the replay again, he said, "Vinny, What the fuck were you doing?". I couldn't help but spit my drink through my nose!! :rofl:

But yeah man...let the kids play...just make sure we have at least one guy who can protect them out there. Be it McQuaid or McLoud...fine...but I don't want any team taking liberties with these kids as they're growing...ESPECIALLY HOWDEN!!

They touch that kid and I'm jumping the boards!!! LOL

I like your thinking G man! Absolutely!! I wanna see Buchnevich back in there. I accept that they're going to make rookie mistakes, but I wanna see them make them now and learn from them. Lettieri made a bad one last night and EVEN I learned from it, from the way Quinn roasted his ass at the bench!! Did you read Quinn's lips???

Watch the replay again, he said, "Vinny, What the fuck were you doing?". I couldn't help but spit my drink through my nose!! :rofl:

But yeah man...let the kids play...just make sure we have at least one guy who can protect them out there. Be it McQuaid or McLoud...fine...but I don't want any team taking liberties with these kids as they're growing...ESPECIALLY HOWDEN!!

They touch that kid and I'm jumping the boards!!! LOL

Buch isn't sitting for making mistakes. He's sitting because (yet again) he's not giving max effort or cares.

Buch isn't sitting for making mistakes. He's sitting because (yet again) he's not giving max effort or cares.

He seems to play like he's going through the motions, but then shows flashes of like he wants to try. I figure let him play and he's either going to play himself in or out of NY one way or another...

Hey Pete..side question for you:

Jesper Fast - what's your take on this guy?

He seems to play like he's going through the motions, but then shows flashes of like he wants to try. I figure let him play and he's either going to play himself in or out of NY one way or another...

Hey Pete..side question for you:

Jesper Fast - what's your take on this guy?

Jan Erixon, but better on offense than he gets credit for.

Maybe a poor man's PJ Axelsson.

I thought Fast really bogged that line down last night actually. Not from an effort level or anything like that, but all the fruits from Howden and Vesey went to Fast who Fasted everything he touched.

They were also pretty quiet in the 3rd.

Archived