• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers at San Jose Sharks // U Up?

Phil

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jan Erixon, but better on offense than he gets credit for.

That's a good compare. Things were different then. There were a couple of years where Erixon was told to just go out on the ice every time team X's best player jumped on. He'd mark and shadow as a winger, and that was his primary job many games.

Imagine Chytil and Andersson in a year, if they're anything like Howden we look good down the middle.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

MEH. I like Howden, but I don't see a guy (YET) that's going to be carrying a team or going to be the dynamic offensive player we desperately need to build around. It's a massive disappointment if one of these guys doesn't become a legit #1 C.

I loved what I saw in Namestnikov last night...Holy shit! What an effort from that guy...I'd like to see that from him every game though!!! I think he's starting to grow on me as well.
I thought that as well. He's playing at 100% and it shows. He's growing on me too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

MEH. I like Howden, but I don't see a guy (YET) that's going to be carrying a team or going to be the dynamic offensive player we desperately need to build around. It's a massive disappointment if one of these guys doesn't become a legit #1 C.

Do you kill Logan Couture for being Logan Couture?

No one guy can carry a team anyway. Just keep loading up on high-end talent, high picks and take shots at talent with character. Did you know what Bergeron would be 11 games into his career? Howden went from a guy expected to start in Hartford to the 2C in 11 games.

No one knows if Chytil will be Peter Statsny or I dunno Charlie Coyle. Or somewhere in between, but he has upside potential. He just turned 19, on a shit line on a bad team.

No one guy can carry a team anyway. Just keep loading up on high-end talent, high picks and take shots at talent with character. Did you know what Bergeron would be 11 games into his career? Howden went from a guy expected to start in Hartford to the 2C in 11 games.

No one knows if Chytil will be Peter Statsny or I dunno Charlie Coyle. Or somewhere in between, but he has upside potential. He just turned 19, on a shit line on a bad team.

The whole idea of stockpiling high picks is some may be Chris Kontos or Manny Malholtra, but some may also be Brian Leetch and...when was the last time the Rangers drafted a stud forward anyway? Kreider, I guess? Not sure we've had a NYR draft pick score 40+ in a Blueshirt since Don Murdoch, and that was a very different time and place.

Not really sure I get your point. The Rangers haven't drafted a legit star skater in a long time....a franchise type. The point of a rebuild is the hopes that you'll find one. You don't see many teams led by Paul Stastny level players winning Cups.

Not really sure I get your point. The Rangers haven't drafted a legit star skater in a long time....a franchise type. The point of a rebuild is the hopes that you'll find one. You don't see many teams led by Paul Stastny level players winning Cups.

Ha ha, well not Paul, but Peter Statsny, who is my upside Chytil comparable. Is he before your time? Paul would be eh.

My point is that it is not on Howden to be the franchise savior, just be the best he can be. I'm more than happy if he is Logan Couture. Very very good Centers are quite valuable. No telling how good he can be, but he has the makeup to climb some heights. He just started his NHL career and never played against men before.

Jan Erixon, but better on offense than he gets credit for.

Maybe a poor man's PJ Axelsson.

I used to like his game, but lately I just don't get it with him. He seems either like he's playing hurt or just disinterested. There's been a real drop off in his play and I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Too many mistakes with the puck and prowess at all in the offensive zone of late. I'm gonna watch again tonight and see if I can figure out what the hell he's up to.

I thought that as well. He's playing at 100% and it shows. He's growing on me too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Man, he can go! I saw him put on that burst of speed to beat the Sharks to that breakaway chance. Too bad he didn't bury it, but I think he was actually going too fast!!! ...if that's possible!!! :rofl:

New chance tonight and I'm watching to see this kid do it again!!! :thumbs:

...and of course my boy Howden!

I used to like his game, but lately I just don't get it with him. He seems either like he's playing hurt or just disinterested. There's been a real drop off in his play and I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Too many mistakes with the puck and prowess at all in the offensive zone of late. I'm gonna watch again tonight and see if I can figure out what the hell he's up to.

Man, he can go! I saw him put on that burst of speed to beat the Sharks to that breakaway chance. Too bad he didn't bury it, but I think he was actually going too fast!!! ...if that's possible!!! :rofl:

New chance tonight and I'm watching to see this kid do it again!!! :thumbs:

...and of course my boy Howden!

I think alot of the vets are simply going through the motions.

I give Hank credit though! He's playing his ass off...and what's more is that I think he's the longest tenured guy we have.

I have a feeling a lot of the old guard is pretty much outta here by the deadline. That's fine by me though, I'm kinda really liking the newer kids more than anything!

To be honest, Zuccarello is the only one that looks like he's half-assing it. Whether he is or whether it's regression, it's still disappointing. Somehow he's on pace for a career high in points, but it just doesn't seem like it. Maybe I'm seeing things, IDK.

Archived