• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leafs fans are crying all over social media about “classless” islanders fans. That word gets thrown around way too much. As if Leafs fans haven’t thrown their own teams jerseys on the ice.

JTs time in LI was nothing to write home about. In fact it was a compete waste of 8 years. There’s no reason for them to support him.

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed that Kucherov is up to 117 points. He can legit score 130 this season. That would be the highest total since Mario Lemieux scored 160 in 1995-1996. Crazy good season.

Why is he never mentioned in the same conversation as Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, McDavid? 85, 100, 100+ point seasons the last three years.

I'm watching Tampa Bay vs washington right now. And i'm not rooting against TB, as there are too many former Rangers, and who know, maybe they could win it...but...

I'm not impressed. They are hanging on by a thread in this game. And every time i watch them, they have such a high shooting percentage, I just don't see it. it's like they get 4 chances, score on 3, then hold on.

Sounds familiar? they are just like the Rangers of old. High regular season shooting pct, but lets see what happens in playoffs.

They are getting outworked and out shot and just trying to rely on Vailevskiy. I think we all know thats not a recipe for success, relying on you goaltender.

I'm watching Tampa Bay vs washington right now. And i'm not rooting against TB, as there are too many former Rangers, and who know, maybe they could win it...but...

I'm not impressed. They are hanging on by a thread in this game. And every time i watch them, they have such a high shooting percentage, I just don't see it. it's like they get 4 chances, score on 3, then hold on.

Sounds familiar? they are just like the Rangers of old. High regular season shooting pct, but lets see what happens in playoffs.

They are getting outworked and out shot and just trying to rely on Vailevskiy. I think we all know thats not a recipe for success, relying on you goaltender.

The Rangers of old didnt have 130 points Kucherov, Stamkos or Point.

Yea, they're really not as good as people thing. I mean, they have no one who wants to shoot!

Agreed. That 57-13-4 record with a +97 goal differential is unsustainable once the puck luck runs out imo.

Buffalo - Detroit 28.03

Detroit - New Jersey 29.03

Its not impossible that 2 out of these 3 teams finishes above Rangers, 4th (and even 3rd) last is still possible. Have a feeling Buffalo will suck out and Rangers finishing 6th last tho.

3 points up to Ducks/Nucks now, so shouldn't be able to finish higher than 6th last.

Buffalo - Detroit 28.03

Detroit - New Jersey 29.03

Its not impossible that 2 out of these 3 teams finishes above Rangers, 4th (and even 3rd) last is still possible. Have a feeling Buffalo will suck out and Rangers finishing 6th last tho.

3 points up to Ducks/Nucks now, so shouldn't be able to finish higher than 6th last.

Need 3 point games for Detroit these 2 to have a chance for Detroit to pass the Rangers but I dont think Detroit will catch the Rangers though b/c they still play Boston, Pitt 2x. Rangers may have 5 more points in them the rest of the way (Ottawa, Devils, and 1 point vs Flyers or Columbus).

Devils schedule is Det, STL, NYR, CAR, FLA so IMO I dont think they'll make up 4 points to catch the NYR either.

Rangers will be either 5 or 6.

Need 3 point games for Detroit these 2 to have a chance for Detroit to pass the Rangers but I dont think Detroit will catch the Rangers though b/c they still play Boston, Pitt 2x. Rangers may have 5 more points in them the rest of the way (Ottawa, Devils, and 1 point vs Flyers or Columbus).

Devils schedule is Det, STL, NYR, CAR, FLA so IMO I dont think they'll make up 4 points to catch the NYR either.

Rangers will be either 5 or 6.

The key is the head to head against the Devils. Need a Devil win.

Archived