• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pronman: 2018-19 NHL Farm System Rankings

Gravesy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12. Philadelphia Flyers

Philadelphia has the deepest system in the NHL in terms of quality depth. If I were a betting man, I’d say this pool of players produces the first or second most NHL players. They have a couple great players in Philippe Myers and Morgan Frost, and a top-five goalie prospect in Carter Hart. They lack a true game-breaker, but otherwise every position has abundance of talent.

Team’s 2017 ranking*: No. 1

https://theathletic.com/474251/2018/08/17/nhl-farm-system-rankings-no-12-philadelphia-flyers/

Here we go.

11. New York Rangers

The Rangers have begun a rebuild and with that have seen a significant change in their farm system over the last two years. The rebuild isn’t over yet by any means, but they have some real pieces to work with after their last two drafts and this past trade deadline. Filip Chytil was one of the biggest risers in the prospect world in the last year. They also have one of the best groups of young goalies in the league. In terms of number of players I listed, the Rangers are tied with Philadelphia for the second deepest farm system.

Team’s 2017 ranking*: No. 29

https://theathletic.com/474255/2018/08/17/nhl-farm-system-rankings-no-11-new-york-rangers/

He really wasn't a fan of the pick when we made it. He's also got a massive hard on for prospects with a high end element to his game versus the well rounded types.

Also worth remembering that "Have a chance" doesn't mean "have a chance to play in the NHL" in this context.

Have a chance: Probably not an impact guy but could play in the league and has the toolkit to have an outside chance to be a real player. Have a chance refers to probability to be a good player, not his probability to play NHL games.

Archived