• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign F Jimmy Vesey to 2-Year/$4.55M Extension; $2.275M AAV

Phil

Most teams have one guy as the trigger man - it only becomes predictable if the other 4 don't move. The other point is manned by whoever happens to be there as motion happens. 5 guys manning one specific spot on a PP is what the Rangers have consistently done, and it's why the PP consistently sucks.

Yeah, true, but they never shot the puck to get anyone moving.

I always figured most teams have one trigger man because that's all they had. I mean the Rangers had Jagr and that was a very predictable PP. YET, effective.

I do get what you're saying though. It's not like the D pair just sits back. They are all supposed to be moving.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team stunk. Injured or not. Otherwise I'd think they wouldn't be rebuilding now.
What does that have to do with how that PP unit operated with Shatty in the middle on the point and Zib in the circle? Both of which you don't like for some reason.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think a combo of your 2 opinions is the most accurate. The pp was great, he an injury, lost mojo, another injury, lost confidence, another injury, sucked.

I do think having Zucc, Shattenkirk and Buch might have too many perimeter passers, not enough shooting threats.

What does that have to do with how that PP unit operated with Shatty in the middle on the point and Zib in the circle? Both of which you don't like for some reason.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Where did I say I don't like Shattenkirk on the point? I said I don't want Zucc back there.

Zib is definitely very effective shooting from the circle. I'm not against that at all. I just think depending on that unit to regain that chemistry is wishful thinking. I don't think a PP set up should stay the same for very long. Wouldn't it become predictable?

Obviously Shattenkirk didn't finish the season, but Buch didn't finish very strong. Nor did Zib until very late. That's what I meant by asking how they finished. I'm not counting on regaining chemistry like that. It's worth a try, but again, teams should catch on soon enough. Which is why I suggested Zib being down low, where he also very effective. IMO Zib carries this teams momentum. When he's going, the rest of the team follows. Hopefully he can stay healthy and play his gritty shot happy game

Yeah, true, but they never shot the puck to get anyone moving.

I always figured most teams have one trigger man because that's all they had. I mean the Rangers had Jagr and that was a very predictable PP. YET, effective.

I do get what you're saying though. It's not like the D pair just sits back. They are all supposed to be moving.

I dont think there's a person in this world who watches hockey that don't know what Ovechkin is going to do on the PP. He still does it 15+ times every single year.

Our PP was really good at the start of last season so there's no need to change that. Zib and Buch on each side, Kreider in front of the net with Zuc and Shatty on the point.

Archived