• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign F Jimmy Vesey to 2-Year/$4.55M Extension; $2.275M AAV

Phil

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team got him for nothing as a prospect when their cupboards were empty, he's made the NHL and thus far he's a 30 point winger. That's already a win, whether he's hit his ceiling and becomes a depth winger or he still has another level to his game.

Over Kreider, Buch, Zucc, Namestnikov, Spooner or even Fast?

It seems like people wanted to turn him into a pest type, but now it seems like people want to stretch their dollar and have him on the PP?

I'm really not sure what to expect from this guy. I feel like we saw two different players in each of his two seasons.

He can definitely become a 20 goal guy in a top six role. Not sure if that's enough to keep him past this contract, unless he can be that pest at the same time .

Kreider Zucc and Buch would probably be on the first PP....

Kreider - Zib - Buch - Zucc - Shatty

Vesey - Hayes - Spooner - Whoever - ADA

Same here. Can't remember a single one of them. Invisible is the word I would use too.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This kind of says more about you than it does about Vesey.

He was one of the most noticeable forwards after the deadline, and it would have been hard to notice him consistently early in the season when he constantly had poor linemates that were hardly ever the same.

He's not even in top 5 noticeable forwards after deadline.

Zib

Krieder

Spooner

Hayes

Fast

Buch

On any given night.

Buch was awful after the deadline.

You said you watched 3 or 4 games after the deadline...how would you even know?

This kind of says more about you than it does about Vesey.

He was one of the most noticeable forwards after the deadline, and it would have been hard to notice him consistently early in the season when he constantly had poor linemates that were hardly ever the same.

Hmmmmm, coincidentally that's when he was given a bigger role after Nash and Miller were gone. From Feb 28 on he scored 6 goals and 10 points in 19 games in just under 16 minutes a night. That's a 26 goal and 43 point pace.

Buch was awful after the deadline.

You said you watched 3 or 4 games after the deadline...how would you even know?

Because "noticeable" is subjective and if I want to say I noticed Cody fucking McCleod more than Spooner then that's my opinion.

That ok with you? Can other people say they noticed other players in the games they watched?

Because I'm sure your eyes were glued to every minute of every game with those top notch scouting skills.

Hmmmmm, coincidentally that's when he was given a bigger role after Nash and Miller were gone. From Feb 28 on he scored 6 goals and 10 points in 19 games in just under 16 minutes a night. That's a 26 goal and 43 point pace.

And we need more than that from our top 6.

Because "noticeable" is subjective and if I want to say I noticed Cody fucking McCleod more than Spooner then that's my opinion.

That ok with you? Can other people say they noticed other players in the games they watched?

Because I'm sure your eyes were glued to every minute of every game with those top notch scouting skills.

You can say whatever you want about individual games.

But no, it's not ok to watch 4 out of 19 games, have a complete aversion to stats, and then say anything about those 19 games as a whole.

You can say whatever you want about individual games.

But no, it's not ok to watch 4 out of 19 games, have a complete aversion to stats, and then say anything about those 19 games as a whole.

Good thing I can give two fucks what you think is "OK".

The fuck outta here with that.

I'd be ecstatic to get 40 points from him, at that price tag.

That said, I know you're "Mr. Inconsistency", and if anyone's nightly effort is inconsistent, it's Vesey.

(^^^PS, that's just a joke. Don't freak out^^^)

What exactly are you expecting from the top 6? Is there a team in the league with 6 forwards who scored 25 goals?

Don’t know don’t care.

I know this team lacks offensive potency and we should be doing everything to focus on developing offensive talent that can pose a threat on a nightly basis for years.

Vesey is affordable bottom 6 stop gap. Give the good minutes to a kid that has potential to develop into a sniper we desperately need.

Don’t know don’t care.

I know this team lacks offensive potency and we should be doing everything to focus on developing offensive talent that can pose a threat on a nightly basis for years.

Vesey is affordable bottom 6 stop gap. Give the good minutes to a kid that has potential to develop into a sniper we desperately need.

Problem is, we don't have any of that within our system. I agree with you, but this team doesn't draft like that. This is something I have complained about for years with this team. They need a grade A top 6 scorer in the draft, and they could have had him in this draft, but chose a different player with their first pick.

Don’t know don’t care.

Well, again, you should care, because you're going to be perennially disappointed if you have the expectation that your entire top six is scoring 25 goals.

I don't disagree that the team should be developing with that, but if he's in the top-6 next year, he's not taking time away from any sniper.

Even having said that, on a line with Hayes, he could very well be on the third line. 20 goals from a third liner is very good.

Sorry I don't see Vesey scoring 20 goals. Way better players with way more icetime have never hit 20.

20 isn't easy.

Not seeing Vesey do it with his current battle level.

I think I can see 20.

He hit 16 as a rookie, and 17 last season with only one PP goal during that time.

A little PP time and he should reach it.

And we need more than that from our top 6.

26 goals would be perfect for top 6.

Only 10 teams last season 3+ players get more than 20 goals. So typically his 26 goals puts him around 3rd on any given NHL team.

It's his lack of playmaking that strikes out, but on a second line being able to finish he'd be fine.

That's a big IF he could maintain a 26 goal pace.

26 goals would be perfect for top 6.

Only 10 teams last season 3+ players get more than 20 goals. So typically his 26 goals puts him around 3rd on any given NHL team.

It's his lack of playmaking that strikes out, but on a second line being able to finish he'd be fine.

That's a big IF he could maintain a 26 goal pace.

As I said to future, I’m not worried about what other teams are doing. I know what it’s team needs to do moving forward.

Again, that’s assuming his production increases by 50%.

I think I can see 20.

He hit 16 as a rookie, and 17 last season with only one PP goal during that time.

A little PP time and he should reach it.

He might be able to hit 20 if put in all the right situations, give another guy those minutes and he could be netting 30.

He might be able to hit 20 if put in all the right situations, give another guy those minutes and he could be netting 30.

Not all the right situations.

By standard player development, he should be hitting 19-20 without any change in playing time.

Or

Just a little bit of PP time, (2-3 goals is nothing).

Not all the right situations.

By standard player development, he should be hitting 19-20 without any change in playing time.

Or

Just a little bit of PP time, (2-3 goals is nothing).

Sure, and I don’t think that’s relevant. Let him stay on the 3rd or 4th line and get his 17 goals. Give the important minutes to guys to develop into what will help the team in the future. (2-3 goals is nothing)

Or do you think he will develop into a legit top 6 forward on a contender?

Sure, and I don’t think that’s relevant. Let him stay on the 3rd or 4th line and get his 17 goals. Give the important minutes to guys to develop into what will help the team in the future. (2-3 goals is nothing)

Or do you think he will develop into a legit top 6 forward on a contender?

My point was in reference that 26 goals etc were not enough for a top 6 role.

As I mentioned, that would be top 6 on ANY NHL team, and top 4 on most.

Archived