• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign UFA Ville Meskanen [F] from Finland

First post. Long-time member of NYR Cafe, but server is down, so tried this forum out.

I really like both of these signings. In general, this team is in dire need of both right-handed shooters and RWers. Buchnevich is likely a long-term piece, Fast is a great bottom-six guy, but Zuccarello is likely gone by the end of next season and in the pipeline, there's no right-handed talent besides Ty Ronning, who while promising, is by no means a sure-fire prospect.

Both Meskanen and Lindqvist might become nothing more than AHL fodder, but I love no-risk moves like these. Hoping one of these guys end up a long-term piece!

• 5 weeks later...
Yea - this thread was made on May 3 lol. The article that Dude just posted was published then too.

Holy fuckin embarrassing. It was in my Google feed and listed as hours ago (at 5 am on the shitter) and I didn't recognize the name. Wow. There I was thinking I had breaking news. Thanks Google.

Archived