• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#77) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Tragic Number: Zero

Phil

Good loss... we'll win next season when it'll count

Not if you have the same coach and current D they won't win. They still need a major change and it starts with the coach. Let the two kids play on the PP for one.

Gilmour needs to stay home more or make him a forward in the off season

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not if you have the same coach and current D they won't win. They still need a major change and it starts with the coach. Let the two kids play on the PP for one.

Gilmour needs to stay home more or make him a forward in the off season

I have serious doubts Gilmour will touch MSG ice next season... they're just keeping him up because they don't really have anyone else to go to at this point.

I agree on AV... can't overhaul the entire roster and keep the couch responsible for it

Positives:

1. Henrik gets a well-deserved rest this summer.

2. We acquired some nice assets while still being able to bring back Grabner. (Not so sure now about how to get Na$h.)

3. Giorgiev showed he can play at this level. Another summer with Allaire will do wonders.

4. Kreider looks interested every shift.

5. Zib is becoming a better C in spite of the haters.

6. Zucc has not lost anything and has adjusted well now that the trades are a memory.

7. Skeij will regroup.

Positives:

1. Henrik gets a well-deserved rest this summer.

2. We acquired some nice assets while still being able to bring back Grabner. (Not so sure now about how to get Na$h.)

3. Giorgiev showed he can play at this level. Another summer with Allaire will do wonders.

4. Kreider looks interested every shift.

5. Zib is becoming a better C in spite of the haters.

6. Zucc has not lost anything and has adjusted well now that the trades are a memory.

7. Skeij will regroup.

Why do we want Grabner back? He's going to get a big raise. He's a product of AV's system where breakaways and fast breaks are valued over puck possession. He's been flat out bad for the Devils. He was terrible for Toronto. He should just sign wherever AV does.

Yeah, we already dropped the ball with Smith... don't need another bad contract eating away at our cap.

I'll miss him though... he's scored some big goals for us and was fun to watch. You can tell he absolutely loved playing here too... it's rare players raise their game to another level here and he was one of them

Flashback to playoffs last year: AV makes poor personnel selection for holding lead in last minutes with opposition with extra attacker. This time, it's Pionk, one of the NHL's leading crease clearers...

Anyone else notice that after looking absolutely useless for his first half dozen games here, O'Gara has improved quite a bit?

Flashback to playoffs last year: AV makes poor personnel selection for holding lead in last minutes with opposition with extra attacker. This time, it's Pionk, one of the NHL's leading crease clearers...

Anyone else notice that after looking absolutely useless for his first half dozen games here, O'Gara has improved quite a bit?

Yes. He was overmatched the first 5 or so games but he's gradually settled in. You don't notice him so much anymore -- which in his case, is a good thing.

I don't think Pionk gets much stronger he's never gonna be physically strong enough handle the bigger guys in the crease. There's just a majority of AHL guys getting rolled out there every night. As for the two kids, I don't think it's a given they're in the NHL next year and if so just not sure how much they bring. Maybe more wishful thinking than anything else. I think they need more time in the minors. As for Grabner originally wanted him back but I would pass now, he's been dreadful.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't think Pionk gets much stronger he's never gonna be physically strong enough handle the bigger guys in the crease.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There's a role for a guy like Pionk. It's just not defending six on five with a minute left.

I don't think Pionk gets much stronger he's never gonna be physically strong enough handle the bigger guys in the crease. There's just a majority of AHL guys getting rolled out there every night. As for the two kids, I don't think it's a given they're in the NHL next year and if so just not sure how much they bring. Maybe more wishful thinking than anything else. I think they need more time in the minors. As for Grabner originally wanted him back but I would pass now, he's been dreadful.

I mean... he's definitely going to get stronger. The Rangers will put him on a workout regimen this summer. He's only 22. Also, he wasn't out muscled on that play. He didn't fall down. He made a bad decision to block the backdoor pass instead of taking the man atop the crease.

Also, he wasn't out muscled on that play. He didn't fall down. He made a bad decision to block the backdoor pass instead of taking the man atop the crease.

That's fair, but I still think he as a bad choice to be on the ice in that situation. He'll probably make the team next year. We just need a Lindgren type guy for one of the other open positions.

That's fair, but I still think he as a bad choice to be on the ice in that situation. He'll probably make the team next year. We just need a Lindgren type guy for one of the other open positions.

Who would you rather be on the ice in that situation? Gilmore? O'Gara? Staal? There really aren't many choices and the point of these games is to put the kids in those positions to see how they react.

Pionk has been an absolute revelation ffs.

14 points in 23 for a poor team. -2 for the same poor team averaging around 22 min/game and mostly matched against the top line of the opposition. He plays all 3 zones really well, is confident on the puck and is a silky skater.

All this in his first year out of college. Can’t ask for much more.

Pionk has been an absolute revelation ffs.

14 points in 23 for a poor team. -2 for the same poor team averaging around 22 min/game and mostly matched against the top line of the opposition. He plays all 3 zones really well, is confident on the puck and is a silky skater.

All this in his first year out of college. Can’t ask for much more.

Agreed. Very impressed with his composure.

Archived