• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers at St. Louis Blues // Rangers Lament

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
F......g dumb ass hockey 101 play the body and the goal never happens. Gorgi stay on your fucking feet until he shoots

Send them both down for hockey 101

Please don’t blame the goalie from that spot on the rink.

REAL SIMPLE STAY ON YOUR FEET, THERE SO FAST TO PLAY THE GAME ON THERE KNEES!

1. It didn’t beat him high

2. With that much time, it’s a guess

3. You’re not winning a goalie argument with me, because you’ll always be wrong unless you agree with me.

1. It didn’t beat him high

2. With that much time, it’s a guess

3. You’re not winning a goalie argument with me, because you’ll always be wrong unless you agree with me.

YOUR WRONG STAY ON YOUR FEET. TEACH MY DAUGHTER ALL THE TIME SHOOT HIGH AS THESE KIDS PLAY ON THERE KNEES ALL THE TIME JUST LIKE THE BIG BOYS

YOUR WRONG STAY ON YOUR FEET. TEACH MY DAUGHTER ALL THE TIME SHOOT HIGH AS THESE KIDS PLAY ON THERE KNEES ALL THE TIME JUST LIKE THE BIG BOYS

OK. KEEP TEACHING YOUR DAUGHTER THAT. HOW ABOUT WE HAVE HER SHOOT ON MY SON BEFORE HE ENTERS THE USHL DRAFT THIS YEAR ?

MY DAUGHTER 9 SHE HAS A WAY TO GO AND PLAYS FOR FUN. KEEP TEACHING YOUR SON THAT AND HE WILL FINISH IN THE USHL. SEEN PLENTY OF SIOUX CITY MUSKETEERS GAMES IN MY LIFE

FANTASTIC. OH, AND YOU SHOULDN’T BE TEACHING A 9 YEAR OLD TO SHOOT HIGH WHEN 70% OF ALL GOALS SCORED GO IN THE LOWER HALF OF THE NET. MAYBE YOU WEREN’T WATCHING SIOUX CITY CLOSE ENOUGH.

GOAL 3 ON HIS KNEES AND THEY BLOW IT BY HIGH PAST HIS GLOVE. STAND UP HITS YOU IN THE SHOULDER

The shot wasn?t even high, even on his knees it wouldn?t hit his shoulder. What game were you watching. It?s a complete guess that close in, not his fault at all. He played the percentages taking away the bottom half of the net.

The shot wasn’t even high, even on his knees it wouldn’t hit his shoulder. What game were you watching. It’s a complete guess that close in, not his fault at all. He played the percentages taking away the bottom half of the net.

Shot appeared to go between blocker and leg pad. Only the hardest shot to stop in the game.

Shot appeared to go between blocker and leg pad. Only the hardest shot to stop in the game.

Lower case for ya! Here is a article quote from a goalie who has more hockey cred the you, your son or his coach. Teach him this and he will get past the USHL. "But here’s the frustrating part. A player can react in the blink of an eye and change direction to avoid a check, or cut and dart to make a deke during the heat of action. A coach can change lines in an instant, react to game situations as they’re happening to adjust his matchups or re-think his strategy. So why does a goalie have to be so predictable and use the same style not just for minutes of a game but for years of his career?

This is what made Dominik Hasek such a great goalie. He contravened both the old-fashioned style of pads together, stick on ice and the new butterfly to such an extent that HE was the one shooters didn’t know what to expect from, rather than the other way around. After all, a goalie’s greatest dilemma is always to figure out where the shooter is aiming (or, where the puck is going – ask any shinny player – the two are not always the same!).

But shooters could never figure out what Hasek was going to do. Sometimes he stood there like a statue; sometimes he twisted and tumbled like the Tasmanian Devil. He could stop a high shot with his glove on one play, and his pad on the next.

Goalies must learn to react more to times and circumstance. Goals today are scored by high shots, by passes to the back side, by one timers on passes east-west rather than north-south. If a goalie today had to nerve to say to himself, “I’m going to stay on my feet the whole game,” he would have more pucks hit him and would make more saves than all the butterflying and splits and dancing in the crease in the world.

The truth is that players now always try to shoot high. A smart goalie would stand there and take the TOP half of the net away these days. Sure, he’ll let a few more low shots get by him, but he’ll prevent many more goals up high. Times change, players adjust. Let’s see a few more goalies adjust right back. Fans deserve a little peace of mind."

Lower case for ya! Here is a article quote from a goalie who has more hockey cred the you, your son or his coach. Teach him this and he will get past the USHL. "But here’s the frustrating part. A player can react in the blink of an eye and change direction to avoid a check, or cut and dart to make a deke during the heat of action. A coach can change lines in an instant, react to game situations as they’re happening to adjust his matchups or re-think his strategy. So why does a goalie have to be so predictable and use the same style not just for minutes of a game but for years of his career?

This is what made Dominik Hasek such a great goalie. He contravened both the old-fashioned style of pads together, stick on ice and the new butterfly to such an extent that HE was the one shooters didn’t know what to expect from, rather than the other way around. After all, a goalie’s greatest dilemma is always to figure out where the shooter is aiming (or, where the puck is going – ask any shinny player – the two are not always the same!).

But shooters could never figure out what Hasek was going to do. Sometimes he stood there like a statue; sometimes he twisted and tumbled like the Tasmanian Devil. He could stop a high shot with his glove on one play, and his pad on the next.

Goalies must learn to react more to times and circumstance. Goals today are scored by high shots, by passes to the back side, by one timers on passes east-west rather than north-south. If a goalie today had to nerve to say to himself, “I’m going to stay on my feet the whole game,” he would have more pucks hit him and would make more saves than all the butterflying and splits and dancing in the crease in the world.

The truth is that players now always try to shoot high. A smart goalie would stand there and take the TOP half of the net away these days. Sure, he’ll let a few more low shots get by him, but he’ll prevent many more goals up high. Times change, players adjust. Let’s see a few more goalies adjust right back. Fans deserve a little peace of mind."

When you understand the game, or situations, then you can talk to me. I’m also not his goalie coach, that’s for his former Princeton starter and professional Euro goalie is for. I don’t care if he gets out of junior, anything beyond that is gravy. Good luck to your daughter. Women’s hockey is an easy scholarship. I suggest you get her a professional coach and just watch from behind the glass. I’m sure she’ll get where she’s going a lot easier that way.

Oh, and just to be clear. I never said anything about not staying on his feet or using the butterfly, so you’re ranting to yourself. I said it was a guess from point blank range with enough time to wax his stick before shooting.

When you understand the game, or situations, then you can talk to me. I’m also not his goalie coach, that’s for his former Princeton starter and professional Euro goalie is for. I don’t care if he gets out of junior, anything beyond that is gravy. Good luck to your daughter. Women’s hockey is an easy scholarship. I suggest you get her a professional coach and just watch from behind the glass. I’m sure she’ll get where she’s going a lot easier that way.

Oh, and just to be clear. I never said anything about not staying on his feet or using the butterfly, so you’re ranting to yourself. I said it was a guess from point blank range with enough time to wax his stick before shooting.

Not ragging on you but teach your son this: Ones that are being taught the proper way will score more when shooting high and accurate. How many shots in this league are all over the place!

Study: 94% of amazing hockey saves are just puck being shot into goalie’s body

(SP) – A new study by the Foundation for Sport Research has found that the vast majority of saves made by hockey goaltenders that are described as “amazing” or “miracles” are actually due to the puck carrier simply shooting the puck directly into the goalie’s torso, legs or arms. “Our research found that even professional goalies don’t have the reaction speed necessary to spot, track and save pucks shot at high velocity from the faceoff circles in,” said Dave Qualman, who led the study. “So usually the puck doesn’t go into the back of the net simply because of the shooter lacks the accuracy to put it into an open spot. We find that even the best ice hockey goalies are, no offense, just well-positioned meat bags.”

The Foundation for Sport Research also spoke to dozens of goalies to gather anecdotal research for the study. The goalies were granted anonymity, but confirmed the findings of the study.

“Honestly, I just try to face in the general direction of the puck and then hope it hits me,” said one. “Sometimes I’ll flail an arm or a leg out and the puck will hit there and I’ll be like: ‘Oh, shit. That was so lucky.’ And then my team will give me a huge, multimillion dollar contract or I’ll get a Vezina Trophy. It’s a pretty great gig.” Another goalie said the randomness of saving pucks makes the job frustrating. “When the puck is hitting off my body, it’s great,” said a longtime NHL starter. “It’s easy. But then there can be periods where it seems like everything is going in and people boo you and say you should be benched. And I’m like: ‘I’m just randomly throwing my arms and legs out like I usually do. It’s not my fault it’s not working right now,’ you know? Some days a shot lands in your glove, some days it doesn’t.” Skaters said they agreed with the research, as well. “If I think back over my career,” said Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, “the shots I had on goal that didn’t go in are because I shot it right off the goalie. I need to stop doing that.”

Not ragging on you but teach your son this: Ones that are being taught the proper way will score more when shooting high and accurate. How many shots in this league are all over the place!

Study: 94% of amazing hockey saves are just puck being shot into goalie?s body

(SP) ? A new study by the Foundation for Sport Research has found that the vast majority of saves made by hockey goaltenders that are described as ?amazing? or ?miracles? are actually due to the puck carrier simply shooting the puck directly into the goalie?s torso, legs or arms. ?Our research found that even professional goalies don?t have the reaction speed necessary to spot, track and save pucks shot at high velocity from the faceoff circles in,? said Dave Qualman, who led the study. ?So usually the puck doesn?t go into the back of the net simply because of the shooter lacks the accuracy to put it into an open spot. We find that even the best ice hockey goalies are, no offense, just well-positioned meat bags.?

The Foundation for Sport Research also spoke to dozens of goalies to gather anecdotal research for the study. The goalies were granted anonymity, but confirmed the findings of the study.

?Honestly, I just try to face in the general direction of the puck and then hope it hits me,? said one. ?Sometimes I?ll flail an arm or a leg out and the puck will hit there and I?ll be like: ?Oh, shit. That was so lucky.? And then my team will give me a huge, multimillion dollar contract or I?ll get a Vezina Trophy. It?s a pretty great gig.? Another goalie said the randomness of saving pucks makes the job frustrating. ?When the puck is hitting off my body, it?s great,? said a longtime NHL starter. ?It?s easy. But then there can be periods where it seems like everything is going in and people boo you and say you should be benched. And I?m like: ?I?m just randomly throwing my arms and legs out like I usually do. It?s not my fault it?s not working right now,? you know? Some days a shot lands in your glove, some days it doesn?t.? Skaters said they agreed with the research, as well. ?If I think back over my career,? said Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, ?the shots I had on goal that didn?t go in are because I shot it right off the goalie. I need to stop doing that.?

1- please provide links

2- this could be the dumbest article I?ve ever read.

The reason puck hit goaltenders is not because they just stand there, it?s because they cut down angles and in this day and age have amazing lateral movement.

Hasek would get tore up in today?s game if he tried staying on his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Study: 94% of amazing hockey saves are just puck being shot into goalie’s body

(SP) – A new study by the Foundation for Sport Research has found that the vast majority of saves made by hockey goaltenders that are described as “amazing” or “miracles” are actually due to the puck carrier simply shooting the puck directly into the goalie’s torso, legs or arms. “Our research found that even professional goalies don’t have the reaction speed necessary to spot, track and save pucks shot at high velocity from the faceoff circles in,” said Dave Qualman, who led the study. “So usually the puck doesn’t go into the back of the net simply because of the shooter lacks the accuracy to put it into an open spot. We find that even the best ice hockey goalies are, no offense, just well-positioned meat bags.”

“Honestly, I just try to face in the general direction of the puck and then hope it hits me,” said one. “Sometimes I’ll flail an arm or a leg out and the puck will hit there and I’ll be like: ‘Oh, shit. That was so lucky.’ And then my team will give me a huge, multimillion dollar contract or I’ll get a Vezina Trophy. It’s a pretty great gig.” Another goalie said the randomness of saving pucks makes the job frustrating. “When the puck is hitting off my body, it’s great,” said a longtime NHL starter. “It’s easy. But then there can be periods where it seems like everything is going in and people boo you and say you should be benched. And I’m like: ‘I’m just randomly throwing my arms and legs out like I usually do. It’s not my fault it’s not working right now,’ you know? Some days a shot lands in your glove, some days it doesn’t.” Skaters said they agreed with the research, as well. “If I think back over my career,” said Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, “the shots I had on goal that didn’t go in are because I shot it right off the goalie. I need to stop doing that.”

You left out the rest of the article:

The NHL has rejected the findings of the study, however.

“I mean, sure, it makes sense,” read a league statement. “But we prefer that people don’t realize how much of scoring in hockey is about luck and random chance. It can make the whole endeavor feel pointless and even cruel to people who are emotionally invested in it.”

http://http://sportspickle.com/news/study-94-amazing-hockey-saves-just-puck-shot-goalies-body.html

Who’s David Qualman?

Good goalies make hard saves look easy because of positioning. Better goalies make great saves because of athleticism, speed, and size could play a factor. To react to a shot like that from point blank is not easy. It’s shit you see in warm up drills in practice with no defenders and all day to fire it home.

1- please provide links

2- this could be the dumbest article I’ve ever read.

The reason puck hit goaltenders is not because they just stand there, it’s because they cut down angles and in this day and age have amazing lateral movement.

Hasek would get tore up in today’s game if he tried staying on his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No worries, I provided the link for him. Lol

Yes, great way to prove a point from a nobody blogger writing for the Sports Pickle.

No worries, I provided the link for him. Lol

Yes, great way to prove a point from a nobody blogger writing for the Sports Pickle.

It makes sense. Then players are shooting directly into the goalies arm or leg. But let's not talk about how the arm or leg got there...not like the goalie moved it there, right?

That article is stupid because it's satire. It's owned by the same company that owns college humor. This is their featured post:

http://sportspickle.com/news/kirk-cousins-just-feel-blessed-received-long-term-deal-everyone-figured-im-not-good.html

Archived