• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers at St. Louis Blues // Rangers Lament

It makes sense. Then players are shooting directly into the goalies arm or leg. But let's not talk about how the arm or leg got there...not like the goalie moved it there, right?

That article is stupid because it's satire. It's owned by the same company that owns college humor. This is their featured post:

http://sportspickle.com/news/kirk-cousins-just-feel-blessed-received-long-term-deal-everyone-figured-im-not-good.html

I’d lol but I’d wake everyone up

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m the fuckin idiot here for arguing with a guy using Sports Pickle as a source without realizing I was being trolled. Wait ... I wasn’t being trolled, he was serious. Holy fuck, I should lose rep either way. Thanks Pete.

I’m the fuckin idiot here for arguing with a guy using Sports Pickle as a source without realizing I was being trolled. Wait ... I wasn’t being trolled, he was serious. Holy fuck, I should lose rep either way. Thanks Pete.

You're not being trolled, you're being SCHOOLED!!!! My man has "SEEN A BUNCH OF SIOUX CITY MUSKETEERS GAMES" he knows of what he speaks........

Not ragging on you but teach your son this: Ones that are being taught the proper way will score more when shooting high and accurate. How many shots in this league are all over the place!

Study: 94% of amazing hockey saves are just puck being shot into goalie?s body

(SP) ? A new study by the Foundation for Sport Research has found that the vast majority of saves made by hockey goaltenders that are described as ?amazing? or ?miracles? are actually due to the puck carrier simply shooting the puck directly into the goalie?s torso, legs or arms. ?Our research found that even professional goalies don?t have the reaction speed necessary to spot, track and save pucks shot at high velocity from the faceoff circles in,? said Dave Qualman, who led the study. ?So usually the puck doesn?t go into the back of the net simply because of the shooter lacks the accuracy to put it into an open spot. We find that even the best ice hockey goalies are, no offense, just well-positioned meat bags.?

The Foundation for Sport Research also spoke to dozens of goalies to gather anecdotal research for the study. The goalies were granted anonymity, but confirmed the findings of the study.

?Honestly, I just try to face in the general direction of the puck and then hope it hits me,? said one. ?Sometimes I?ll flail an arm or a leg out and the puck will hit there and I?ll be like: ?Oh, shit. That was so lucky.? And then my team will give me a huge, multimillion dollar contract or I?ll get a Vezina Trophy. It?s a pretty great gig.? Another goalie said the randomness of saving pucks makes the job frustrating. ?When the puck is hitting off my body, it?s great,? said a longtime NHL starter. ?It?s easy. But then there can be periods where it seems like everything is going in and people boo you and say you should be benched. And I?m like: ?I?m just randomly throwing my arms and legs out like I usually do. It?s not my fault it?s not working right now,? you know? Some days a shot lands in your glove, some days it doesn?t.? Skaters said they agreed with the research, as well. ?If I think back over my career,? said Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, ?the shots I had on goal that didn?t go in are because I shot it right off the goalie. I need to stop doing that.?

Hey, bud. I played goalie for the US development team when I was young. I was recruited D1. I am now a goalie coach. I'm going to put this bluntly... you don't know shit about being a goalie.

Hey, bud. I played goalie for the US development team when I was young. I was recruited D1. I am now a goalie coach. I'm going to put this bluntly... you don't know shit about being a goalie.
Well he's quoting the Onion so... Yea.

It’s the “no offense” bit that gets me. :rofl:

Hey bud, you’re not the prime athlete we all thought you were as it turns out a fat lad with reasonable positional sense could do your job. No offense, like!

I actually thought him trying to tell me what I should and shouldn’t be teaching my kid was funnier than the article.

Archived