• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brad Marchand is at it Again...

Mike

I have a hard time believing any sport would want to Market a player who intentionally injures other marketable players.

Yes and no. If Marchand landed the same hit, (or whatever it was) in this video to Crosby instead of Duclair, there’d be more surrounding it.

I have a hard time believing any sport would want to Market a player who intentionally injures other marketable players.

Provided it keeps up, yes. But Pronger is my baseline for how a player can be immensely valuable to marketing while simultaneously being far from a model player.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Provided it keeps up, yes. But Pronger is my baseline for how a player can be immensely valuable to marketing while simultaneously being far from a model player.

Unpack that a little more for me...When was Pronger marketable?

Also, how many more infractions does it take before "keeps it up"?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Unpack that a little more for me...When was Pronger marketable?

Also, how many more infractions does it take before "keeps it up"?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

After he left Edmonton. His time in Anaheim and Philly he was arguably the best defenseman in the league in multiple seasons. How isn't that inherently marketable to a fanbase that still rises to it's feet every time gloves drop at center ice?

With Marchand, he's probably an injury away from burying any hopes of being accepted as the complementary star winger he actually is. Then again, when the Pens finally acquire him to play with Sid, all will be forgiven.

After he left Edmonton. His time in Anaheim and Philly he was arguably the best defenseman in the league in multiple seasons. How isn't that inherently marketable to a fanbase that still rises to it's feet every time gloves drop at center ice?

With Marchand, he's probably an injury away from burying any hopes of being accepted as the complementary star winger he actually is. Then again, when the Pens finally acquire him to play with Sid, all will be forgiven.

Well, his last All Star appearance was his 2nd year in ANA 2008, even though that wasn't his best career year. Coincidentally it was his year with most PIMS.

The NHL doesn't (nor should they) celebrate these types of players.

Your preference to market dirty players who intentionally try to hurt others, rather than kick them out of the league, is baffling to me.

He wasn't marketable in Anaheim either, or, shouldn't have been. I don't remember Pronger being celebrated by the league, it was all Ovechkin/Crosby by 07-08. But Pronger was suspended twice in the 07 playoffs and then got, what, 10 games for stomping on Kesler in the 08 playoffs? Pronger is part of the reason why the league has such an issue with discipline. That's not to mention the fact that the league was very different a decade ago.

And having said all that, Pronger wasn't half as bad as Marchand. They're not comparables.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived