• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#66) Rangers at Edmonton Oilers // Guys, Get Your Heads Back Out of the Game!

Absolutely not judgements can be made about this team now. It's half AHL players and of the NHLers, many won't be here next year. Just watch and be entertained.

Agree, this is probably the first time i remember this late in the season not being stressed out watching games. I actually sit down, and even sit back, relax and watch. don't care if we win or lose. Even the 50 shot against games were entertaining. Years past, i would have been even more pissed, even if we won or lost.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Arguably the best player in the world did what he does vs an average NHL defenseman who's specialty has never been speed

2) Was a dive, which is why mark was mad but I guess yes you're correct

3) You're correct he iced the puck, but so did several other players in the final moments of the game as we had 3-4 icings back to back

This, and to add to #3 he did try to feather that puck out. I think it went on edge and rolled down for an icing.

Hey guys here are some of my photos from last night. I'll PM you Phil about the set for ClearedForContact.

Obviously not as good a vantage point for capturing on-ice action compared to the front row seat just to the left of the bench I had last time. Most of the on-ice action had to be watched through the scoreboard monitor anyway. But definitely a unique perspective of the game seeing how the coaches and players interact and made for some interesting shots too. Was a fun night overall and I had a blast!

IMG_6158.jpg IMG_6200.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg IMG_6276.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg IMG_6405.jpg

IMG_6409.jpg IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg IMG_1821.jpg

No way he's doing that lol. I think he's just helping Carey get the pucks out of the net during warmups.

While laying down? Didn’t want to use his stick like everyone else? I guess he likes the challenge. Lol

maybe i being critical of him. I don't know...i didn't notice him most of the game, so that's usually a good thing.

Just the second goal against, and at end of game. His mistakes are magnified in my eyes because he is our only veteran D-man left. I expect it from our young guys

I think this is probably the case. My eyes and memory are much more fixated on Marc than other dmen. You just seem to "notice him" more easily. I saw him make many, many good defensive plays and excellent defensive positioning......most don't seem to notice his good plays......I'm sorry, I think he gets the short end of the stick most of the time. (No pun intended)

He really isn't as bad as some here say. So, is TB happy with Dan? I'd say probably, depends on what WE EXPECT certain players should do and what level they should be playing. Imo.

While laying down? Didn’t want to use his stick like everyone else? I guess he likes the challenge. Lol

I think it was just after a save and he figured he'd help while he was down there. He just stopped 100 shots in two games so maybe he was a little sore?

Wow Karan, those were amazing. Thanks.

1. Hank was practicing his "no look" behind the back glove save

2. Gilmour couldn't smile, he was struggling to hop over....so it looked

3. You would think the bencehes would be a little wider.....just my thought.

Archived