• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#66) Rangers at Edmonton Oilers // Guys, Get Your Heads Back Out of the Game!

Hi, Karan! We see you!

Yo! That was me! Fucking arena staff heckled me twice for my camera. Don't know their own rules apparently...got some pretty good shots. That was a fun game all things considered. Fun to see the game from that perspective. AV is such a fidgety and anxious coach behind the bench hah! Kreider was probably the most vocal guy.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yo! That was me! Fucking arena staff heckled me twice for my camera. Don't know their own rules apparently...got some pretty good shots. That was a fun game all things considered. Fun to see the game from that perspective. AV is such a fidgety and anxious coach behind the bench hah! Kreider was probably the most vocal guy.

I thought it was a good game to watch on tv, must have been a lot better live. Glad you had fun ...

If we had lost all 3 games, we would have been joint 5th worst in the league, primed for a top 5 pick. Instead, we're 3 points off playing Tampa in the 1st round.

Would laugh my ass off if we make it and beat Tampa, that would be sweet.

Then swiftly lose to maximize our draft pick lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good for this young group of players to get a couple of W’s under their belt.

Surely the mini revival stops here though. Can’t see us getting much change out of our schedule in the next few weeks.

It’s hard as a fan to get behind the tank, as you see we’re only 3 points off and immediately start thinking “what if”.

In reality though missing out on the playoff would clearly be the best for the rebuild. Essentially, squeezing into the playoff means trading our place in the lottery for being dry bummed by the Bolts in the first round. That has little to no value for this organisation going forward.

So with all this talk about our young D and how porous they've been, its Staal who:

1. get beat on the second goal like a traffic cone. McDavid made him look silly as he bounced right off his "check"

2. takes a stupid penalty with 2 mins left to give Edmonton another chance.

3. Comes out of the penalty box and ices the puck with 16.7 seconds left WHILE on the power play, because he has no idea what to do with the puck, or make a pass.

Maybe he is just trying to be the veteran D man and tank the rest of the season and take responsibility for it? that would be cool, yet i doubt he is that strategic.

So with all this talk about our young D and how porous they've been, its Staal who:

1. get beat on the second goal like a traffic cone. McDavid made him look silly as he bounced right off his "check"

2. takes a stupid penalty with 2 mins left to give Edmonton another chance.

3. Comes out of the penalty box and ices the puck with 16.7 seconds left WHILE on the power play, because he has no idea what to do with the puck, or make a pass.

Maybe he is just trying to be the veteran D man and tank the rest of the season and take responsibility for it? that would be cool, yet i doubt he is that strategic.

1) Arguably the best player in the world did what he does vs an average NHL defenseman who's specialty has never been speed

2) Was a dive, which is why mark was mad but I guess yes you're correct

3) You're correct he iced the puck, but so did several other players in the final moments of the game as we had 3-4 icings back to back

Staal is a Cold War era player that should be nowhere near the team in my humble opinion.

For all the talk of being a proper “shutdown defenseman” his completely inability to do anything at all with the puck lands us in the shit far too often.

I'm saying with a minute left we were on the PP. He should have had more time, but he iced it from the neutral zone. It was 5 on 5 with Talbot pulled. The other icings were from mostly from the D zone. He's the veteran, but he never makes the calms plays with the puck to get them out of danger.

And yeah, he got beat by a generational player, that's fine. but i don't think AV tried to play Staal the whole time against McDavid. He had pionk, and Gilmour out there, and didn't see them get beat that bad.

And yeah that was a dive or McDavid looked like he lost his balance and fell backwards and Staal pushed him down.

I'm not sure if AV is putting him out there against the top lines, but we were on the road. If that was the case, don't you think the Oilers would have kept McDavid away from him?

maybe i being critical of him. I don't know...i didn't notice him most of the game, so that's usually a good thing.

Just the second goal against, and at end of game. His mistakes are magnified in my eyes because he is our only veteran D-man left. I expect it from our young guys

Archived