• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

ClearedForContact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eklund is a joke but I posted it because it was out there for conversation. A three team trade to me would be difficult to pull off at the deadline especially one of this magnitude. Draft day way more likely but who knows.

LeBrun did report that the rangers did ask mcd for his 10 team no trade list. So there is that and that’s coming from tsn

Unless it's from one of the main dudes from TSN, it's horseshit.

That said, I've been listening to a lot of Toronto radio lately (because I have no life) and they keep saying the Leafs would like to dump JVR. JVR to the Rangers makes no sense at all so if they're wanting McD and wanting to move JVR then a third team would have to be involved.

JVR is a UFA so it would make some sense just from a cap perspective. TOR can earmark that money for Mac next year and the Rangers could, theoretically, flip JVR for another pick.

Only downfall is McD is hurt. Does that lower his value? Especially when its not exactly known what the injury is...

Marner or Nylander or bust. Nothing less.

Isn't it an automatic ban to use Eklund as a source?

I can almost guarantee that if the Rangers were in the playoffs, McDonaugh would be playing. He's "hurt".

I can almost guarantee that if the Rangers were in the playoffs, McDonaugh would be playing. He's "hurt".

Mehhh, problem is, he has always been"hurt" the last few years. This scares me. Can see a crazy pending trade fall through because of some thing hes been ignoring (see Kreider and his fucked up rib hes had... for ever yet its been over seen or ignored for years.).

McD has a bum shoulder. Nylander stays put, McD extended by the Rangers for 12 years at 7.5 mill a year..

Mehhh, problem is, he has always been"hurt" the last few years. This scares me. Can see a crazy pending trade fall through because of some thing hes been ignoring (see Kreider and his fucked up rib hes had... for ever yet its been over seen or ignored for years.).

McD has a bum shoulder. Nylander stays put, McD extended by the Rangers for 12 years at 7.5 mill a year..

There's not much logic in any of this. Just a worst case scenario that's not all that realistic.

There's not much logic in any of this. Just a worst case scenario that's not all that realistic.

No logic in him having a pudding head and a bum shoulder over the last 3 years? I imagined those concussions and shoulder issues. Im imagining him being out of the lineup the last week plus?

Hey i hope you're right and they are protecting their biggest trade chip, by keeping him off the ice. His shit play and nose dive in performance along with the same injuries over the last two years suggest otherwise.

Only downfall is McD is hurt. Does that lower his value? Especially when its not exactly known what the injury is...

Marner or Nylander or bust. Nothing less.

Isn't it an automatic ban to use Eklund as a source?

Dude, I hate to be the guy who says this since I originally suggested it in Oct, but we better forget the idea of getting Marner or Nylander.

Not only is Toronto playing well, but Marner has taken over and has been leading their 2nd line. I've seen a few recent games and he is fire. Babcock has been talking about how he is letting him do his thing on that line. Meanwhile Nylander is probably the other key factor to their recent play. Big plays, big goals and he makes everyone better. He is the key linemate for Matthews and when it comes down to the wire, I can't see them trading him and not having him to play with their franchise C.

Also heard Shanny say he is staying with the plan. Unfortunately for us. For them too. How are they going to get past Boston and Tampa without a top defender?

Maybe they'll try to offer us a load instead, but i doubt it. Trade JVR for a #1 and send us both #1 picks, Dermott and a good prospect for McD.

Won't happen, but I'm afraid we are not getting our guys from Toronto. And Tampa is not going to have the will to send us Sergachev. We need to lower our expectations. At least Tampa has a shit ton of potential in their system. They can send us Howden, Foote and either Raddysh/Katchouk (maybe their #1) for McD.

Dude, I hate to be the guy who says this since I originally suggested it in Oct, but we better forget the idea of getting Marner or Nylander.

Not only is Toronto playing well, but Marner has taken over and has been leading their 2nd line. I've seen a few recent games and he is fire. Babcock has been talking about how he is letting him do his thing on that line. Meanwhile Nylander is probably the other key factor to their recent play. Big plays, big goals and he makes everyone better. He is the key linemate for Matthews and when it comes down to the wire, I can't see them trading him and not having him to play with their franchise C.

Also heard Shanny say he is staying with the plan. Unfortunately for us. For them too. How are they going to get past Boston and Tampa without a top defender?

Maybe they'll try to offer us a load instead, but i doubt it. Trade JVR for a #1 and send us both #1 picks, Dermott and a good prospect for McD.

Won't happen, but I'm afraid we are not getting our guys from Toronto. And Tampa is not going to have the will to send us Sergachev. We need to lower our expectations. At least Tampa has a shit ton of potential in their system. They can send us Howden, Foote and either Raddysh/Katchouk (maybe their #1) for McD.

Gotta give to get. Im down on McD, but if they aren't getting a legit 1st liner back, or a legit 1st pairing D man, I'm not trading him right now.

No deals with Tampa. Unless they are sending a top line player and multiple 1sts..

If what you are saying is true, it looks like they are stuck with McD until the off-season.

Gotta give to get. Im down on McD, but if they aren't getting a legit 1st liner back, or a legit 1st pairing D man, I'm not trading him right now.

No deals with Tampa. Unless they are sending a top line player and multiple 1sts..

If what you are saying is true, it looks like they are stuck with McD until the off-season.

I know, we have to extract the right return for McD. However, if Marner/Nylander or Sergachev/Point are not getting traded at all, there are still some possible returns that only McD could yield. Some choice prospects that we'd have no other way to acquire.

Tampa has

Cal Foote (14th overall in 2017, 3rd dman choosen living up to expectations)

Brett Howden (27th overall in 2016, 2 way, fast, strong, great D and scoring above expectations)

Boris Katchouk and Taylor Raddysh - 2016 2nd rounders 44th and 58th overall prolific scoring wingers with rising value

Plus their first this year.

Four of those five assets would be a steep price for McD and a palatable alternative to a Sergachev + deal for McD.

Just think of it this way. Foote and Howden alone get us back the two #1's we shipped to Tampa for Martin St Louis. Not the exact picks, but you get the point.

Wanna add value and help Tampa win the division and be Cup favorites?

Add Nash to McD and send all 4 under 20 y/o assets to the Rangers and the 1st rounder. Now that is the start of a rebuild.

Then picks for Grabs and Holden to have enough ammo to move up in the draft, if we choose. We'd also still have Miller, Zuc or others to move up or find another Dman or C.

I know, we have to extract the right return for McD. However, if Marner/Nylander or Sergachev/Point are not getting traded at all, there are still some possible returns that only McD could yield. Some choice prospects that we'd have no other way to acquire.

Tampa has

Cal Foote (14th overall in 2017, 3rd dman choosen living up to expectations)

Brett Howden (27th overall in 2016, 2 way, fast, strong, great D and scoring above expectations)

Boris Katchouk and Taylor Raddysh - 2016 2nd rounders 44th and 58th overall prolific scoring wingers with rising value

Plus their first this year.

Four of those five assets would be a steep price for McD and a palatable alternative to a Sergachev + deal for McD.

Just think of it this way. Foote and Howden alone get us back the two #1's we shipped to Tampa for Martin St Louis. Not the exact picks, but you get the point.

Nope. Then I just keep him. They don't HAVE TO deal him. Especially at the deadline. I want at least a top line roster player back for him or a top pairing D man. Nothing less is an acceptable return. I want instant gratification from moving him. No prospects with potential. Legit top tier players only.

Nope. Then I just keep him. They don't HAVE TO deal him. Especially at the deadline. I want at least a top line roster player back for him or a top pairing D man. Nothing less is an acceptable return. I want instant gratification from moving him. No prospects with potential. Legit top tier players only.
It's no t often I disagree with you, but the best idea is to move him by the deadline. He'll get a big return, probably better than Yandel but it won't be 3 firsts or 2 and Tolvanen type prospect. I say pull the bandaid off move him zucc, Holden, Nash, grabs, at least

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived