• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

ClearedForContact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team needs everything. And if they are moving mcd and Holden too they will need defense anyway

For them, yes get a defensemen in return, but if they aren't getting moved, or just Holden is being moved, then don't bring back another defensemen in exchange for Nash

Is the Rangers defenseman prospect pool that good that they don't need a prospect? Honest question.

The suggestion was a defenseman prospect plus a first round pick, the pick is where you can get the legit scorer in the draft. Along with trading McD and Grabner for multiple picks.

If the deal is with Nashville or Dallas, neither of those picks is high enough in the first round where your getting that type of player. You get that kind of a player in the first 3-5 picks of the first round. You grab your defensive prospects in the draft where they can mature into the position. There are more top defensive prospects available in a draft than there are top 6 scoring prospects.

Nashville’s best prospect is a defenseman. You get the best player. The rangers defense couldn’t use a good player? The rangers would do best to get the best prospect they can in any deal no matter position. There are holes everywhere and if they are going through a rebuild then it doesn’t matter they need everything.

Need to focus on talent rather than position when trying to make a good trade. Get the best player, not the best C or best LW becasue you "need" one.

True, to a degree. Plus, you can always flip them for what you may need. A team may not need a Nash, but they may be willing to swap a bluechip d for a bluechip C

5. Nashville definitely is all in on Rick Nash. The question is if they can outbid a large field. They already dealt Sam Girard, Vladislav Kamenev and their second-round pick in the Kyle Turris deal, so how deep are they willing to go? A first-rounder that might be 27th or lower won?t do it. They?ve still got excellent prospects (Dante Fabbro and Eeli Tolvanen atop the list) and no doubt the Rangers will try to leverage from those.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-no-shortage-rick-nash-suitors-ahead-deadline/sn-amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think Nashville has the pieces to get it done. Rangers are looking for 3 pieces but Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro and a 1st would excite me.

Also, it makes Nashville the deepest team in the league and a must watch moving forward. I think that trade would be good for both sides.

Fiala really jumped out at me when they last played. He'd be the hardest get, I think, but that would be fantastic.

I'd love Fiala. I just think they'd be more amendable to moving a prospect right now. They're gunning for the Cup. Keeping Fiala means they can play Nash on their third line.

Starting point is Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro or gtfo

There's no other deal to be had here. If you have to expand deal to include Zuke or somebody then maybe we can talk, too.

Fiala tore up the Isles the next game and looked great against the leafs after that. He is a big piece in their lineup already and not someone they'll move during this Cup run. They'll have to choose between Tolvanen and Fabbro if they want Nash.

I wouldn’t exactly call Nash a difference maker either.

He certainly can be. Grabner is close to breaking the ENG record. If Nash actually played with some talented players, he'd be a great addition. Hell, even if he's on the 3rd line in nashville playing with Fisher, PK and PP, that's a great pick up for them IMO.

He certainly can be. Grabner is close to breaking the ENG record. If Nash actually played with some talented players, he'd be a great addition. Hell, even if he's on the 3rd line in nashville playing with Fisher, PK and PP, that's a great pick up for them IMO.

Grabs also leads in even strength goals. Grabner is going to be a big get for somebody. A team that could use defense or PK, plays with speed and needs a 3rd line upgrade. Great fit for the Jets, moving Armia down to the 4th line. Great fit for Tampa helping their PK and upgrade to all their bottom 6 wingers. The Pens would love Grabs to replace a couple of guys they lost in the off season.

Nash may be the better fit in Nashville, just to replace James Neal's presence last year. Seems like Nash would flourish there with that D corp and their first line already intact.

Well, while Nash needs talented players around him to make a difference, Grabner does everything on his own with his speed and shot.

Can you imagine what he can do playing with Fisher, Pk and PP?

Not saying Nash isn’t going to be good for them, just saying Grabner would be a better and smarter move with out giving up too many assets.

Well, while Nash needs talented players around him to make a difference, Grabner does everything on his own with his speed and shot.

Can you imagine what he can do playing with Fisher, Pk and PP?

Not saying Nash isn’t going to be good for them, just saying Grabner would be a better and smarter move with out giving up too many assets.

I guess it comes down to matter of opinion. Knowing what I know about both players, if I want to win the Stanley Cup, I'd rather add Rick Nash than Michael Grabner. To me he plays a much fuller game: hangs on to the puck, goes to the front of the net, can pass and shoot. Grabner scores on breakaways and empty nets.

Tolvanen and '18 1st and Im sold. Thats two 1st rounders for a rental, really good deal for us.

Tolvanen's numbers in the KHL as an 18 year old is very impressive (17-17-34 in 47 games, +12).

Fabbro would also be a nice get, but I would take a sniper winger instead of a offensive D-man (who had 0 points in 7 games in the WJC).

Archived