• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#53) Rangers at Dallas Stars // Way Down in the Hole

High and Wide

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what I'm really afraid of? Their going to make excuses that we were too injured to compete, and they're going to keep Mr. Softee back there behind the bench for yet another painful year. I know some of you guys love him, but he's really just a terrible bench coach. Nice guy, yeah....but Jesus, he is just awful in game.

You know what I'm really afraid of? Their going to make excuses that we were too injured to compete, and they're going to keep Mr. Softee back there behind the bench for yet another painful year. I know some of you guys love him, but he's really just a terrible bench coach. Nice guy, yeah....but Jesus, he is just awful in game.

I don't think many people here like AV, lol.

I also don't think AV will be the coach next season. No need to fire him now. If they wanted to save the season they would have fired him in November. They'll start over in July.

I don't think many people here like AV, lol.

I also don't think AV will be the coach next season. No need to fire him now. If they wanted to save the season they would have fired him in November. They'll start over in July.

Bullseye.

No playoffs + 3 underperforming years in a row = new coach. Mgmt must realize this. Get Quenville or Keefe or some other young stud.

I know Dallas Eakins didn’t fair well in EDM but no one does. He’s got a really good track record. Took the Gulls deep in the playoffs this year. He’s a former Ranger. Knows the organization a little. Why not give him an interview?

Not a bad idea. We should interview everyone. Fire AV immediately after the last game. Find the best guy available and not lose him to another team. This is the Head Coach of the NY Rangers, the best job available. Mgmt gives our coaches plenty of rope, money and resources. We are the best rebuilding team out there.

Not a bad idea. We should interview everyone. Fire AV immediately after the last game. Find the best guy available and not lose him to another team. This is the Head Coach of the NY Rangers, the best job available. Mgmt gives our coaches plenty of rope, money and resources. We are the best rebuilding team out there.

Problem with that is that the best coach may not become available until after the season (Joel Quenneville)

Why do people think Quenneville is a good coach? Or a coach that can lead you successfully through a rebuild?

Any success he's had has been entirely dependent on having more talent than other teams. It's pretty easy when you can have Toews or Kane on the ice for 40 minutes a game and Keith on the ice for 30.

Now that age and the cap have started to catch up with them, they're irrelevant - this will, presumably, be the third year in a row they don't win a playoff series.

Why do people think Quenneville is a good coach? Or a coach that can lead you successfully through a rebuild?

Any success he's had has been entirely dependent on having more talent than other teams. It's pretty easy when you can have Toews or Kane on the ice for 40 minutes a game and Keith on the ice for 30.

Now that age and the cap have started to catch up with them, they're irrelevant - this will, presumably, be the third year in a row they don't win a playoff series.

More like Corey Crawford. Show me a good coach and I'll show you a good goalie.

But let's not revise history here. He's taken plenty of youngsters to new heights. More than just Toews and Kane and Keith. Panarin, Bryan Bickell, Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Andrew Ladd, Brent Seabrook, Dustin Byfuglien, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and Kris Versteeg were all 22 or younger when he took over.

He also worked 19-year old Nick Leddy, 19-year old Brandon Saad, 20-year old Andrew Shaw, 19-year old Teuvo Teravainen, 20-year old Ryan Hartman, and 20-year old Nick Schmaltz into key roles.

I'd like to entertain possibly a new face back there....someone that may be really great but hasn't had a chance yet. Phil brought up Keefe but I don't know very much about him. I'd like some new fire back there for a change.

130-56-12 record through 198 games.That’s a

That’s 270 points out of a possible 396 — a 0.68 points percentage (PTS%).

Granted, it’s at the AHL level, but it’s a very impressive number. The most successful NHL coaches—Scotty Bowman, Bruce Boudreau, Jon Cooper, Joel Quenneville, Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, and Todd MacLellan—are somewhere between .65 and .60 PTS%. Claude Julien, Mike Sullivan, and Alain Vigneault are just below that mark.

130-56-12 record through 198 games.That’s a

That’s 270 points out of a possible 396 — a 0.68 points percentage (PTS%).

Granted, it’s at the AHL level, but it’s a very impressive number. The most successful NHL coaches—Scotty Bowman, Bruce Boudreau, Jon Cooper, Joel Quenneville, Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, and Todd MacLellan—are somewhere between .65 and .60 PTS%. Claude Julien, Mike Sullivan, and Alain Vigneault are just below that mark.

Sounds like a pretty decent candidate Phil. I know absolutely nothing about him, and I'll tell you what...I knew nothing of some guy Arbour when he started coaching THAT team across town. He seemed to do fairly well, if I remember correctly. I would like to see a new, hungry coach that has something to prove. Matter of fact, I'd welcome it with open arms!

Frank, I outta Jager after last night man!!! =)

Archived