• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings // If Martinez Scores, We Riot

Phil

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That cunt waffle Kempe should get a plunger in his ass just for moving his hair out of his eyes twice during a fight.

Your description belies the fact that this c - - t, as you put it, lit a fire under the Kings' rears and the NYR did their usual fool-a-roo. And, he is not even a physical player. Says volumes about this group from MSG. Well deserved loss and it's not gonna get any easier.

This game was the epitome of the Rangers season;

Play great for a stretch and then go in the shitter. This team isn't going anywhere this year. It's painfully obvious. Also with CK on the shelf and Shattenkirk out with the knee....forget it! There is no better opportunity to re-vamp this squad. We have the assets to deal, and the draft this year is the best in ages.

First thing to do is dump this coach and go from there. Let the kids play out the year....How can they be any worse than this puke we've been watching????

Breaking up is hard to do but there's some players on this team that aren't what they need to be. It's not that they're bad per se it's just that they operate a notch under what they should be.

As for last night, it was a decent effort, again, but they got sucked in to LA's BS at the end of the first and Hank let in two softies. With Hayes out, it has to be the worst group of centers in the league.

Two more losses heading in to All Star break and the FO focus should be shifting by my estimation, towards selling.

Was at the game. I don't know how it looked on TV, but I actually didn't hate Smith's fight. Yeah, they scored on the PP but it was getting chippy for maybe the first time all season for the Rangers. The fans were into it. People in the concourses were talking about it. The problem wasn't the penalty, the problem was the Rangers' failure to rise to the level of a game with some emotion in it. They just absolutely folded. Generally when the blood gets boiling, players play harder - with an edge. Rangers just let the bigger team dominate them around the ice for the next two periods. I don't know if there was even a single hit thrown by the Rangers, honestly.

They're soft.

Smith got decked and I turned to my girlfriend who's never been to a game and said "Oh shit, that was dirty, there's going to be a fight." And.... it never happened. Not a single Ranger came to Smith's defense. No one even skated over. No one took a number. I sat back in my seat at that moment thinking that was odd. Later in the period a borderline concussed Smith had to do it himself. You don't have be a team of goons, but you need to be a team. This group of players doesn't look like a team.

Side note from warmups: Lettieri has a laser shot. (hit the post in the first)

Im taking it was a typical Rangers/Kings game?!?!?

If by that you mean up 2-0 and controlling play after one, only to get sucked into a physical confrontational type match they don't belong in, then give up three straight goals in the second period, with Alec Martinez involved in the go-ahead... Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Funny because Valliquette said something in first intermission that perked my ears, I forget what it was though.

I just remember thinking how hard it must be not to make a single mistake about anything that could be misinterpreted as even the slightest pejorative against any group in the Progressive Stack least the lynch mob come for you.

They will, and they did.

Funny because Valliquette said something in first intermission that perked my ears, I forget what it was though.

I just remember thinking how hard it must be not to make a single mistake about anything that could be misinterpreted as even the slightest pejorative against any group in the Progressive Stack least the lynch mob come for you.

They will, and they did.

What happened?

I didn't watch post game but to paraphrase, he said the refs would have been better off reffing a woman's game if they were going to call all that tricky tack stuff.

He knew he fucked up and tried to explain what he meant (there's no contact in woman's game, duhhh)

But too late, busted, misogynist for life.

I read the comment on twitter and thought - crap, i fell asleep, what happened??

Not even realizing how horrid of a statement he made until I could only find posts in outraged of his comments, and not about the actual event he was discussing. For my own sanity, I just moved on.

They will, and they did.

Huh? Say what?

I didn't watch post game but to paraphrase, he said the refs would have been better off reffing a woman's game if they were going to call all that tricky tack stuff.

He knew he fucked up and tried to explain what he meant (there's no contact in woman's game, duhhh)

But too late, busted, misogynist for life.

It was Duguay, not Valiquette, and I think it was after the second period.

He shouldn't have phrased it like he did, but he was right. The calls on Carey and Holden were both terrible. Rangers win easy if they don't make those calls.

It was Duguay, not Valiquette, and I think it was after the second period.

He shouldn't have phrased it like he did, but he was right. The calls on Carey and Holden were both terrible. Rangers win easy if they don't make those calls.

Yeah, but Vally said something else during first intermission that I picked up on that got me thinking that way.

I dunno, I was pretty high on my wife's cheesecake by 11 PM

Archived