• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kevin Shattenkirk Out Indefinitely With Torn Meniscus

Blue Heaven

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gropp, Tambellini, and Fontaine are all waivers-exempt. They also maybe actually have futures here. Catennacci and Holland do not (though I don't mind the Holland recall as much).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea but what good does bringing them up for one game do? If Hayes dresses, Catenacci won't even play. He's just a practice body and an emergency option for the road trip - it's not like any of these guys would develop at all by getting 8:00 one night.

Yea but what good does bringing them up for one game do? If Hayes dresses, Catenacci won't even play. He's just a practice body and an emergency option for the road trip - it's not like any of these guys would develop at all by getting 8:00 one night.

Yeah, one that they'll have to waive just to get back down. I'm a big asset management guy. Just seems short-sighted to be tapping veterans (that HFD needs to balance their inexperienced youth) that you may not be able to get back to the Pack.

Yeah, one that they'll have to waive just to get back down. I'm a big asset management guy. Just seems short-sighted to be tapping veterans (that HFD needs to balance their inexperienced youth) that you may not be able to get back to the Pack.

Langkow and O'Donnell were both signed to PTOs to fill the gap temporarily, and if they lose Catenacci (which I really, really doubt), one of them can just fill the gap.

Does Catenacci even count as an asset? There are 500 guys like him lol

Langkow and O'Donnell were both signed to PTOs to fill the gap temporarily, and if they lose Catenacci (which I really, really doubt), one of them can just fill the gap.

Does Catenacci even count as an asset? There are 500 guys like him lol

Not a valuable one, no, but again ? asset management. Just seems off to me. It's also an indictment of just how bad the Rangers' pipeline is, too.

Agreed, but maybe they want to dump the number of contracts they have on the books in hopes of gaining multiple prospects in trades for vets or just adding more vets to fill out the hole at center and on D?

Agreed, but maybe they want to dump the number of contracts they have on the books in hopes of gaining multiple prospects in trades for vets or just adding more vets to fill out the hole at center and on D?

I don't see why? They're at 47/50.

I don't see why? They're at 47/50.

Maybe they will sign some vets that haven't signed yet, to fill in the NHL roster or even upgrade the AHL? There's gotta be some vet that's been sitting there waiting for a chance that never got it, but is willing to do a half season in the A or in the stands.

Shattenkirk out indefinitely for Rangers, will have surgery on left knee

Defenseman plans to return before end of regular season

cut.jpg

New York Rangers defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will be sidelined indefinitely because of a meniscus tear in his left knee and will have surgery Monday.

Shattenkirk, 28, who has played in all 46 of New York's games, said at practice Friday that he has been playing with knee pain since training camp and it didn't make sense to continue without having the surgery. He said he is planning to rehab in time to be back with the Rangers before the end of the season; their final regular-season game is against the Philadelphia Flyers on April 7.

https://www.nhl.com/news/kevin-shattenkirk-out-indefinitely-with-torn-meniscus/c-295083320

In a happy scenario we get our players back "just in time".

But will they be ready, or even close to 100%? How effective?

I look at like this......this a win, win for the future. If not so much now.

Every team loses good players throughout the year, but your so called "pipeline" should have decent quality to somewhat replace......next man up.

Unfortunately, losing those picks over the years, is starting to rear its ugly head. We simply have NOBODY ready and willing to step in and do an NHL good job.

I may be wrong but......seems to me that Gordon doesnt want to prematurely bring any kid up as wins are at a premium and cannot take chances. Well guess what Gords........u really need to. Forget elc's and all that crap......these kids need that cup of coffee it helps in their development. How many times was Cally sent down? This team is so stagnant as an organization and its killing me. I want nothing more than to watch younger players grow mixed in with our vets, Buch with 12 minutes, a prime example. Catanecci? Really? Okay, sandpaper. Yeah we need that, need scoring and better defense as well. Who's providing that? Catanecci? Seems to me we are dumping. What if yet another injury? Then what? What if Nasher gets hurt, then we are really screwed. Won't get anything for him.

Anyway, back to positive. If we lose without these players we don't make PO's and get a good pick along with trading of ???? at the deadline we are then restocking the shelf at a faster rate. But the infusion of our "future" is necessary, not just "biding" time until the troops get back. Get something good out of all these injuries, find out what you've got........oooops, or find out what you DON'T!

Btw, how many other players need surgery that we don't know about? Feel sorry about losing Shatty,seems like that's what i would do if i were him on his fave team. I'd try and be a hero, even though it really isn't best for team. Again like already said......at least we know why......and that even does cover for his defensive lapses......when your injured you cannot concentrate as much, leaving yourself vulnerable to mistakes u may not have made.

Really shitty news, but completely understand why he’s choosing now rather than wait till later in the season. He’s solely focused on being ready for the playoffs. Just hope DeAngelo can step up and play as good as he’s been playing in Hartford.

Hoping that as well for ADA. Hope it's not the usual case of he is a hot mess on the ice, blows his last chance as a Ranger and promptly gets traded to his hometown Flyers where he flourishes.......unlike Shatty this far.

Hopefully they wouldn't give up on the kid so fast......but, not like that hasn't been done before.

Archived