• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kevin Shattenkirk Out Indefinitely With Torn Meniscus

Blue Heaven

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“The training staff has done a tremendous job to help me manage the pain,” Shattenkirk said. “What really has been the X-factor… has been that it limits me off the ice as far as training… and I feel my left leg is starting to get a lot weaker and not allowing me to play my game. Recently, it’s been something that’s really been glaring.

Shattenkirk received a cortisone shot at the beginning of the season, which started to wear off “in about eight to 10 weeks” he said, and tried a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injection during the bye week . . . it just hasn’t responded the way we hoped it would.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/kevin-shattenkirk-knee-injury-1.16257413

I think there's just no chance they've already decided to be sellers. I guess I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

More likely is that they're going to look at it as an excuse to embrace the tank if the team struggles, or, if the team still wins some games approaching the deadline, hold assets and look at Kreider and Shatt as your deadline acquisitions.

Maybe. I'm looking at the quality of callups, especially in Holland and Catennaci, as indications that this season is lost. These are pre-Matthews Leafs-type players.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

YOu can play with a meniscus tear. So the shot/physical therapy in hopes he could manage the pain is not unusual at all. Ben Rothlisberger played pretty much a whole season with this injury. Physical activity doesn't make it much worse. But over time the tear flopping around can wear a groove into the bone, wear it away altogether , really eff up your knee long term and start arthritic issues.

Maybe. I'm looking at the quality of callups, especially in Holland and Catennaci, as indications that this season is lost. These are pre-Matthews Leafs-type players.

In Holland's case he was the best available option.

Cattenacci is a head scratcher but he's got sandpaper.

It's going to be AVs saving grace.

You bring up Holland over Boo in an attempt to win games because you need more offense.

Catennaci probably won't even dress and Lettieri is already up. Idk who else they're supposed to bring up...Tambo?

In Holland's case he was the best available option.

Cattenacci is a head scratcher but he's got sandpaper.

It's going to be AVs saving grace.

What I mean by that is this -- the Rangers' farm has multiple waivers-exempt prospects they could have tried. Instead?and I absolutely view it as an indictment of their quality?they've recalled not one but two veterans who will require waivers to be returned.

Again, pre-Matthews Leafs.

What I mean by that is this -- the Rangers' farm has multiple waivers-exempt prospects they could have tried. Instead—and I absolutely view it as an indictment of their quality—they've recalled not one but two veterans who will require waivers to be returned.

Again, pre-Matthews Leafs.

No, I think you're over thinking it. The waiver exempt guys in Hartford are barely AHL ready let alone NHL ready.

They're going to attempt to make the playoffs. There's too much money at stake not to.

You bring up Holland over Boo in an attempt to win games because you need more offense.

Catennaci probably won't even dress and Lettieri is already up. Idk who else they're supposed to bring up...Tambo?

Gropp, Tambellini, and Fontaine are all waivers-exempt. They also maybe actually have futures here. Catennacci and Holland do not (though I don't mind the Holland recall as much).

Archived