• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Draws Backlash for Kid Rock ASG Nod; Roenick Calls Him “the greatest musician..."

Phil

I heard on the radio this morning, regarding a different topic, and one of the guys said "Dont you remember when we didnt care about getting so dramatic about these things? Remember when we used to laugh at the people that did?"

Guys, he's not going to get more people to hate transexuals from he's performing at the NHL all star game for 6 minutes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the time, what reason did they have to be up in arms? I'm genuinely curious. He performed, and was chosen to, well before his "Make America Crip Again" controversy.

I don't follow either of these guys these days, I don't know Snoops personal views. I actually didn't know Kid Rock's stance on controversial issues until those offended shed some light on it. I've read in the recent past Snoop having a history of threatening people on social media, was he serious? Who the hell knows. Can we take any of these "entertainers" seriously?

They'd be better off with convicted felon Snoop Dogg dropping N bombs on the stage.

Now there's an artist I would like my children to look up to.

At least he doesn't support a battle flag from 150 years ago.

Or Beyonce with her Black Panther BS badmouthing cops during Super Bowl halftime.

Didn't watch that, probably won't watch this because All Star games are stupid antiques nobody cares about any more. Also, wasn't offended because Beyonce is an asshole. Also that "Single Ladies" song they play at every wedding is the shittiest thing ever inflicted on my ears.

Is everyone going to spend their days figuring out what and who offends them each day? Children and sheep.

There's a lot of conflating going on here attempting to smear an image conscious league with the irrational offense-taking of the individual. They're not the same thing. What the NHL is doing is rush assessment based on a billion dollar industry. What you or I find offensive or not, is mostly flirting.

The NHL has a lot at stake, monetarily speaking, in entities like the ASG. As such, they have to be calculated in what they support or don't support, because it's their bottom line on the line.

Sociak Justice Sally doesn't matter. Not as an individual. But her grievance might if it's echoed by an Army ? especially if they army is made up of the NHL's own viewers.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Exactly. Then why does it matter to you that someone else does care and takes exception to him being the musical guest?

He's got a checkered past at the very least. No, the NHL is not promoting an anti-gay or anti-women agenda but if you're looking to draw a wide audience and catch a few new eyes, you'd probably be better off not gaining negative attention for it. Each sport has it's own culture. You're trying to promote that culture to a new audience.

You're right. I shouldn't even have bothered posting that because it's touching too much on the reasons why I've stayed away from the political threads here. All-star games in general are basically unwatchable. I have never heard of someone becoming a fan of the NHL because of what they saw in an all-star game...including the performer.

Those are problems in an of themselves. I'm not trying to say that the NFL is a model league for how best to handle bad PR. Far from it. I'm saying that even they didn't just brush off situations fans hated (Ray Rice, for example) by complaining about the complainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived