• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Draws Backlash for Kid Rock ASG Nod; Roenick Calls Him “the greatest musician..."

Phil

They'd be better off with convicted felon Snoop Dogg dropping N bombs on the stage.

Now there's an artist I would like my children to look up to.

At least he doesn't support a battle flag from 150 years ago.

They actually would. From a marketing perspective, Snoop Dogg is vastly more relevant than Kid Rock, and is vastly more appealing to a wider audience, including minority groups the NHL wants to bring into the fold.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who gives a crap? Does anyone actually watch the all-star game that aren't hockey fans? And if they do, how many people stick around to watch the in-between period act?

I havent been paying attention, is there a group trying to protest the NHL because of Kid Rock?

Because Trump is the least popular first-year president in history, and arguably the most divisive figure in our culture. Outward support of him, like it or not, affects people's perception of you. Especially when you are also an ardent supporter of the Confederate flag, and have made anti-trans overtures on stage.

lcdCMWz.gif

I havent been paying attention, is there a group trying to protest the NHL because of Kid Rock?

Who knows? People nowadays protest anything and everything if there feelings are hurt or if someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm just responding to this post...I haven't actually heard anything in my day to day life about it but I certainly don't search this kind of news out.

Who knows? People nowadays protest anything and everything if there feelings are hurt or if someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm just responding to this post...I haven't actually heard anything in my day to day life about it but I certainly don't search this kind of news out.
i

if you really want to protest, do what I do which is DON'T GIVE THESE FARGIN ICEHOLES YOUR MONEY

Kid Rock got f'n booed in his home state when he was the performer for the Pistons inaugural game at Little Caesars Arena.

Kid Rock is anti-gay, anti LGBQT, ummmmm isnt the NHL the one sports league that promotes the LGBQT movement? A little contradictory there, NHL. His songs demean women, arent we in a new age where that shouldnt really be promoted at this juncture?

As far as the NHL Game, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, waste of time, i'll find something else to do.

I am far from a Kid Rock fan, I think his music is terrible, but I don't think it should matter who supports what political candidate. This is not a politic event, its the Allstar game. We can't go around not allowing performers to play because we disagree with their political views. I honestly hate when any musician goes on a political rant, especially at a live show. Its one of the reasons why I have never gone to see Pearl Jam, Im not paying all that money to listen to Eddie Vedders political thoughts.

Kid Rock got f'n booed in his home state when he was the performer for the Pistons inaugural game at Little Caesars Arena.

Kid Rock is anti-gay, anti LGBQT, ummmmm isnt the NHL the one sports league that promotes the LGBQT movement? A little contradictory there, NHL. His songs demean women, arent we in a new age where that shouldnt really be promoted at this juncture?

As far as the NHL Game, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, waste of time, i'll find something else to do.

If lyrics mattered then every single equality/injustice protester should turn their attention to rap artists...

The Kid Rock issue is this simple:

The NHL, despite being a traditionally conservative organization, has been at the forefront of progressively inclusive initiatives like You Can Play. They've invested a lot of equity in presenting themselves as a forward-thinking product that is building new bridges.

Kid Rock has made anti gay and anti trans overtures repeatedly over his career.

That's it. The two do not mix. Hard stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Kid Rock issue is this simple:

The NHL, despite being a traditionally conservative organization, has been at the forefront of progressively inclusive initiatives like You Can Play. They've invested a lot of equity in presenting themselves as a forward-thinking product that is building new bridges.

Kid Rock has made anti gay and anti trans overtures repeatedly over his career.

That's it. The two do not mix. Hard stop.

The dissection of everyone in this day and age continues. I could really care less about this but give me a break with the anti-gay stuff. He is an entertainer. So many of them say stupid shit all the time. Why does anyone actually give a shit what he has to say? He's performing because the NHL would think his music is what viewers want. They're not putting him up there because he might be anti-gay. You're putting all these issues together when it's not meant to be that way...at all. He's performing simply because someone thought his music/act is appealing to the viewers.

Because he's a representative of the NHL as their guest, and a reflection of the values the company holds (or doesn't) as a result.

Again, you cannot in good conscience claim to champion gender issues and sexual equal rights while simultaneously promoting artists who are outspoken against these things. They are in direct conflict with one another.

To put it another way, this would be like the NHL inviting Hulk Hogan, who is a Lightning fan from Florida, to show face at the festivities while pouring money into black community affairs to grow the game among Afrifan Americans. You can complain that everyone is offended by the act of inviting a celebrity to the game who brazenly called blacks niggers, but there'd rightfully be an avalanche of scrutiny thrown the NHL's way for doing so.

The dissection of everyone in this day and age continues. I could really care less about this but give me a break with the anti-gay stuff. He is an entertainer. So many of them say stupid shit all the time. Why does anyone actually give a shit what he has to say? He's performing because the NHL would think his music is what viewers want. They're not putting him up there because he might be anti-gay. You're putting all these issues together when it's not meant to be that way...at all. He's performing simply because someone thought his music/act is appealing to the viewers.

Exactly. Then why does it matter to you that someone else does care and takes exception to him being the musical guest?

He's got a checkered past at the very least. No, the NHL is not promoting an anti-gay or anti-women agenda but if you're looking to draw a wide audience and catch a few new eyes, you'd probably be better off not gaining negative attention for it. Each sport has it's own culture. You're trying to promote that culture to a new audience.

Exactly. Then why does it matter to you that someone else does care and takes exception to him being the musical guest?

He's got a checkered past at the very least. No, the NHL is not promoting an anti-gay or anti-women agenda but if you're looking to draw a wide audience and catch a few new eyes, you'd probably be better off not gaining negative attention for it. Each sport has it's own culture. You're trying to promote that culture to a new audience.

lol, they had snoop dogg perform last year. I don't recall an outrage over that.

Archived