• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Ty Ronning in 7th Rd (201st) Pick

Phil

#60 last night.

But, for perspective, Tyler Steenbergen is a year younger, played on the WJC team, and is scoring at even a better pace and I'd doubt he plays more than 10 games in the NHL.

It's too bad the Pack aren't going to the playoffs, but could he go to Greenville?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#60 last night.

But, for perspective, Tyler Steenbergen is a year younger, played on the WJC team, and is scoring at even a better pace and I'd doubt he plays more than 10 games in the NHL.

It's too bad the Pack aren't going to the playoffs, but could he go to Greenville?

Come on dude. I know Ronning is still a long shot to be a difference marker in the NHL, but you're selling him waaaaaay short here.

- Ronning is about 2 and a half months older

- Steenbergen plays with Heponiemi, who has 90 assists in 55 games, and another over ager that has 124 points in 66 games. I don't know their line combos, but at the least there are other players on his team for the opponent to worry about. Where as Ronning has no one on his team with more than 70 points or 46 assists.

- Ronning actually scores at a better pace. .87 vs .85 gpg.

How many goals do you think Ronning would have playing on Heponiemi's wing?

Saying college is more skilled than the CHL isn't quite right. I do not at all like the CHL, or even the WHL as a developmental league, but NCAA competition is entirely relative to your conference. Otherwise you'd see guys from Robert Morris signing NHL deals every year.

The reason why I argue the word inflated is that it implies that they're grossly misvaluing him. They're not. This is the production you'd want from someone who's remotely good at his age.

1 in 3 NHL players come from the NCAA.

The skill and competition is much higher than the CHL, it?s men vs boys essentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

1 in 3 NHL players come from the NCAA.

The skill and competition is much higher than the CHL, it?s men vs boys essentially.

Like I said, it?s entirely relative to your conference. The NCAA is a large producer of NHL talent, however a majority of the players come from the same teams or same conferences.

Like I said, it?s entirely relative to your conference. The NCAA is a large producer of NHL talent, however a majority of the players come from the same teams or same conferences.

Aside from future NHL talent, The weakest NCAA teams would mop up on a CHL team.

It?s two different levels of hockey

... Because they're older. Not better.

If NCAA teams could use CHL players after they were done in the CHL the NCAA teams would be full of CHL grads.

They are better because they are older.

The CHL is full of kids who are great at 16 and shit by 18.

The USHL compares to the CHL, neither compares to the NCAA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived