• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Just how bad is Spirit airlines?

EdMc28

I just flew them 4 weeks ago. I gotta say it was perfect. Just make sure you purchase your baggage allowance early to avoid ridiculous fees.

It's just so god damn cheap.

I'll fly them again for sure.

I fly Westjet 3 or 4 times a month and they aren't anything close to Westjet as far as service or perceived safety, but did I mention how cheap they are?

jetBlue the best if you ask me.

Only negatives on them is that they don't fly everywhere, you need to go through Kennedy their hub for most destinations (I'm a Jersey guy), and they only use Airbus planes. I hate Airbuses.

Never flew Spirit, but I occasionally here negatives on them. Worst I ever flew was USA3000, or as I called them ghetto air.

I love that model. Pay for what you bring. It only makes sense.

Don't think I'd want to fly them accross North America but for a 1 or 2 hour flight I felt fine. I feel better on US carriers knowing that about 100% of US pilots come from the Airforce or Navy. I bet 1 in 10 Canadian pilots have the same experience.

That model is built to artificially lower base ticket prices and tack on fees later, otherwise know as bait and switch.

But to each their own, if it works for you and you were OK with it, more power to you. They certainly are the least expensive base ticket out there.

jetBlue the best if you ask me.

Only negatives on them is that they don't fly everywhere, you need to go through Kennedy their hub for most destinations (I'm a Jersey guy), and they only use Airbus planes. I hate Airbuses.

Never flew Spirit, but I occasionally here negatives on them. Worst I ever flew was USA3000, or as I called them ghetto air.

Jetblue flies Embraers as well. I fly them pretty regularly for work, but my next trip is going to be US airways, on a regional carrier

I don't trust Embraers. I don't trust airplanes manufactured in third world countries.

I'm flying on a E145 or some crap a week from Thursday from LGA to RDU. Had to pay an extra $24 for a seat that doesn't have limited headroom or leg room on American Eagle.

Back to the Spirit thing it sounds like what I saved in base fare I would end up paying with my carry on and checked bag.

I've flown quite some airlines and only US Airways has repeatedly been absolutely terrible in terms of service, delays and all-out cancellations with zero options offered.

I know many people who avoid Delta like the plague, but I've always had great experiences with them.

I've flown quite some airlines and only US Airways has repeatedly been absolutely terrible in terms of service, delays and all-out cancellations with zero options offered.

I know many people who avoid Delta like the plague, but I've always had great experiences with them.

I've had solid Delta experiences as well. Not the worst airline you can fly anymore.

US Airways sucks, and their 737's are straight out of 1979. Seriously, the last one I flew to Miami had carpeted walls and faux brown leather alla that time period.

I've had solid Delta experiences as well. Not the worst airline you can fly anymore.

US Airways sucks, and their 737's are straight out of 1979. Seriously, the last one I flew to Miami had carpeted walls and faux brown leather alla that time period.

They fly those outdated machines on the Brussels-Philadelphia connection. The eight hours on those things are enough to drive a man crazy.

I still find it amazing that airlines fly smaller 737 and 757 small body models for transatlantic flights. I remember a time when a transatlantic flights were nothing less than a 767. I couldn't imagine being on an 8 hour flight in a cramped 737.

Best airline I've flown is Swiss. Complimentary Swiss chocolate when you disembark >>>

Virgin Atlantic second best I've flown. They lose points because the flight attendants arent great. But it has the best cabin of any I've flown.

Flying Southwest on Wednesday to LAX. Never had a problem with them. They lost my bag for a day back in January but they found it within a day, delivered it to my house and gave me a $100 voucher for my troubles.

Dunny have you ever flown Porter?

Archived