• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

I thought I posted it in here,

On Monday, I thought he had a heart attack after shaking the ropes on the way out of the ring. Walking back to the dressing room, he appeared to be in some pain and discomfort, and his entire body was visibly tense.

I thought I posted it in here,

On Monday, I thought he had a heart attack after shaking the ropes on the way out of the ring. Walking back to the dressing room, he appeared to be in some pain and discomfort, and his entire body was visibly tense.

A lot of fans believe he knew he was dying, and that he wanted one final swan song.

This is an excerpt from his speech on Monday

BkyWfyRCAAEsbtz.png:large

Tell me that doesn't read like he just read his own eulogy?

TNA is getting high praise right now for a small graphic tribute they posted to their site/Facebook page for him:

10168211_10152152186746026_2849674313369683923_n.jpg

They've historically always paid tribute to industry deaths like this. They did one for Paul Bearer as well, if I recall, despite having no affiliation with him (or Warrior).

James Hellwig is dead, and he leaves behind a family. The Ultimate Warrior was nothing more than a character in a story — a story that was silly and melodramatic and based on some rehearsed dance moves.

Now I’m about to turn 30, working as a newspaper writer — a teller of stories myself, when I do my job right. It’s the most human thing there is to do, to relay to another person a sequence of events acted out by a group of people. Whether it’s factual or a figment of one’s imagination, scripted or spontaneous, a good story can bring people together because it gets the listener, the reader, the watcher, in touch with some inkling of the human condition.

We’re born with that imagination, with the ability to reach beyond everyday experience and believe in something otherworldly.

So I’m saddened as a person to hear that on Tuesday in Arizona, someone lost a husband and father.

But as a fan, as the kid who still lives inside me somewhere, I’m happy I got to experience the power of the Ultimate Warrior. It helped open my eyes to the power of stories, and for that, I’m forever grateful.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/09/why-the-ultimate-warrior-mattered-to-a-generation/

They did a great job on that piece for sure. The scene with his two young daughters was incredibly hard to watch though especially his words to them about not having seen him as the Ultimate Warrior but that they would as a Dad.